PDA

View Full Version : We could quite conceivably lose this test

PSRB
09-11-2018, 01:36 PM
wtf is going on?

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 02:19 PM
wtf is going on?

Track was always a bit of a road so if the sun is out and they're chancing their arm runs are to be had. New ball after tea - different game

Burney
09-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Track was always a bit of a road so if the sun is out and they're chancing their arm runs are to be had. New ball after tea - different game

Also, literally everyone seems to have stopped giving a shìt.

Rich
09-11-2018, 02:29 PM

:nod: time to see if Root can bowl some chinamans. New Indian batsmen to the crease to play a shot drawn from the umpire's hat for their first ball.

PSRB
09-11-2018, 02:30 PM
:nod: time to see if Root can bowl some chinamans. New Indian batsmen to the crease to play a shot drawn from the umpire's hat for their first ball.

I want Cook to bowl, doing his Bob Willis impression

Burney
09-11-2018, 02:32 PM

Should reverse the order and play a beer match imo.

Also, the plural of chinaman is chinamen, surely?

I was once bowled by an actual Chinaman. Disappointingly, he wasn't bowling Chinamen, though.

Rich
09-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Should reverse the order and play a beer match imo.

Also, the plural of chinaman is chinamen, surely?

I was once bowled by an actual Chinaman. Disappointingly, he wasn't bowling Chinamen, though.

I didn't consider that and realised that I'd never had to pluralise (??) chinaman in a cricketing sense.

Why were you facing a Chinaman?

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Pretty much - after the Lord's Mayor Show yesterday

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Pretty much - after the Lord's Mayor Show yesterday

Also the bill for Sir Mick is piling up

Burney
09-11-2018, 02:41 PM
I didn't consider that and realised that I'd never had to pluralise (??) chinaman in a cricketing sense.

Why were you facing a Chinaman?

He was in the opposition team. He had an Australian accent, but he was deffo a Chinaman. Slitty eyes and everything. Bowled seam-up and we were miles behind the rate, so I tried to slog him, missed and got bowled.

Rich
09-11-2018, 02:42 PM
He was in the opposition team. He had an Australian accent, but he was deffo a Chinaman. Slitty eyes and everything. Bowled seam-up and we were miles behind the rate, so I tried to slog him, missed and got bowled.

Sounds like a wiley little bowler. Surely both captains can shake on a draw now and get on with drinking the bar tab that Alistair is presumably laying on?

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a wiley little bowler. Surely both captains can shake on a draw now and get on with drinking the bar tab that Alistair is presumably laying on?

**** off - new ball, game on. These two plus Jadeja will go for it; we get two of those three out early and we'll win. Also they can't shake on a draw until the last hour is called (or something similar); certainly can't do it at tea

Rich
09-11-2018, 02:52 PM
**** off - new ball, game on. These two plus Jadeja will go for it; we get two of those three out early and we'll win. Also they can't shake on a draw until the last hour is called (or something similar); certainly can't do it at tea

What would they do if the first four days were lost to rain, then? Start play on Day 5 in the hope of forcing a result?

Rich
09-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Also, have we discussed how Stuart Broad broke a rib when 'turning to watch the TV'? :sherlock:

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:16 PM
What would they do if the first four days were lost to rain, then? Start play on Day 5 in the hope of forcing a result?

They would start certainly - wouldn't call off a whole day

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Also, have we discussed how Stuart Broad broke a rib when 'turning to watch the TV'? :sherlock:

:hehe: That's a good one. Was there on Saturday - certainly looked painful when he got hit by Bumrah. Thought he looked excellent when bowling - real rhythm in his run up and good pace. Not sure how it looks on TV in comparison but looked far from a bowler who is finnish imo

PSRB
09-11-2018, 03:21 PM
:hehe: That's a good one. Was there on Saturday - certainly looked painful when he got hit by Bumrah. Thought he looked excellent when bowling - real rhythm in his run up and good pace. Not sure how it looks on TV in comparison but looked far from a bowler who is finnish imo

Craptain Root not taking the new ball :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Old ball seems to be playing up though - not the craziest decision, though having a keeper would help

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Bowling p - will take that as a reverse jinx

Burney
09-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Old ball seems to be playing up though - not the craziest decision, though having a keeper would help

Surely take it now Rahul's gone? Mind you, given that Rashid just bowled a Shane Warne ball, maybe not.

Might fancy the leggie against the tail.

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Surely take it now Rahul's gone? Mind you, given that Rashid just bowled a Shane Warne ball, maybe not.

Might fancy the leggie against the tail.
Tough one though I would be tempting to keep Rashid on with the old ball

Burney
09-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Tough one though I would be tempting to keep Rashid on with the old ball

Pant's down.

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Pant's down.

ffs - Test Match Special overseas is about 5 minutes behind. Just got two text messages saying the same thing and nothing on the "radio" yet. Only one was about the cricket mind

Burney
09-11-2018, 03:43 PM
ffs - Test Match Special overseas is about 5 minutes behind. Just got two text messages saying the same thing and nothing on the "radio" yet. Only one was about the cricket mind

Digital, innit. Radio waves are betterer.

PSRB
09-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Bowling p - will take that as a reverse jinx

Was going to say, that I'm having that!

Tony C
09-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Started to nip into IPL territory there...thankfully the partnership was broken.

Don’t really feel sorry for India...they pretty much did the same to us last time we were in India...seem to recall our boys being beaten and defeated yet Kohli decided to blitz a double century to wrack up 700+ runs.

Brutal....