PDA

View Full Version : Women eh....

Tony C
09-09-2018, 08:18 PM
Former Grand Slam champion and BBC presenter Sue Barker says Williams "has a point" in her criticism of the umpire.

"I've sat courtside watching the men ranting at umpires and they haven't been given a violation," said Barker.

12-time Grand Slam champion and all-round tennis legend Billie Jean King has backed Williams.

She said: "When a woman is emotional, she's 'hysterical' and she's penalised for it. When a man does the same, he's 'outspoken' and there are no repercussions.

"Thank you, Serena Williams, for calling out this double standard. More voices are needed to do the same."

:clap:

7sisters
09-09-2018, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2rjocv-Jo

IUFG
09-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Former Grand Slam champion and BBC presenter Sue Barker says Williams "has a point" in her criticism of the umpire.

"I've sat courtside watching the men ranting at umpires and they haven't been given a violation," said Barker.

12-time Grand Slam champion and all-round tennis legend Billie Jean King has backed Williams.

She said: "When a woman is emotional, she's 'hysterical' and she's penalised for it. When a man does the same, he's 'outspoken' and there are no repercussions.

"Thank you, Serena Williams, for calling out this double standard. More voices are needed to do the same."

I thought Serena overstepped the mark and threw shade on Osaka, tbh.

And detracted from the fact she was thrashed. . .

Burney
09-10-2018, 08:19 AM

I thought her behaviour was totally unacceptable.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I thought Serena overstepped the mark and threw shade on Osaka, tbh.

And detracted from the fact she was thrashed. . .

She is one píssy loser eh?

Burney
09-10-2018, 10:43 AM
She is one píssy loser eh?

No, it's all to do with sexism, apparently, h. Not because she's a cůnt or anything.

I can only assume she's keeping the racism card up her sleeve for if this really goes bad for her.

IUFG
09-11-2018, 01:10 PM
No, it's all to do with sexism, apparently, h. Not because she's a cůnt or anything.

I can only assume she's keeping the racism card up her sleeve for if this really goes bad for her.

Not her, but others are saying this is racist...

https://images.tmz.com/2018/09/10/0910-serena-williams-drawing-cartoon-twitter-3.jpg

:rolleyes: