PDA

View Full Version : The glw is halfway through her (two months) notice and has now

Sir C
09-06-2018, 02:57 PM
basically jacked. She may as well be on strike :hehe: If she worked for me she wouldn't get her final month's salary without taking me to court.

IUFG
09-06-2018, 02:59 PM
basically jacked. She may as well be on strike :hehe: If she worked for me she wouldn't get her final month's salary without taking me to court.

Slacking off?

Meh! - to be expected, innit?

Burney
09-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Serves them right for making her work her notice when she’s not going to a rival imo.

What is she going to do all day?

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Serves them right for making her work her notice when she’s not going to a rival imo.

What is she going to do all day?

They've got the needle because she's going to a supplier.

She's just dossing around, basically. 'Wfh' a couple of days a week and so on.

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:03 PM
Slacking off?

Meh! - to be expected, innit?

I suppose the only way they could refuse to pay her would be to sack her for gross misconduct or summat?

I would.

Burney
09-06-2018, 03:05 PM
They've got the needle because she's going to a supplier.

She's just dossing around, basically. 'Wfh' a couple of days a week and so on.

Don’t knock wfh a couple of days a week. I’m doing it today. It’s one of the privileges of being a highly respected and trustworthy professional. :-D

IUFG
09-06-2018, 03:06 PM
I suppose the only way they could refuse to pay her would be to sack her for gross misconduct or summat?

I would.

Yep. And who wants to go through that shít and cause potential trouble for the employer? (apart from you ;-) )

Does she have a Gardening Leave provision in her contract?

Gardening leave :cloud9:

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Don’t knock wfh a couple of days a week. I’m doing it today. It’s one of the privileges of being a highly respected and trustworthy professional. :-D

That's why she's changed her job actually. 4 days a week wfh, one day a week in Brighton.

12 years she's done that commute into the west end. I must say, I have enormous respect for her staying power.

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Yep. And who wants to go through that shít and cause potential trouble for the employer? (apart from you ;-) )

Does she have a Gardening Leave provision in her contract?

Gardening leave :cloud9:

No gardening leave, but we're off on holiday for a couple of weeks soon.

WES
09-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Do you nip down to your local for lunch when you WFH, Burney?

Not sure I have ever WFH and not popped down the Red Lion for two pints of ale and a roast gammon sandwich with lashings of mustard. And a packet of crisps to start, of course. :cloud9:

Burney
09-06-2018, 03:19 PM
That's why she's changed her job actually. 4 days a week wfh, one day a week in Brighton.

12 years she's done that commute into the west end. I must say, I have enormous respect for her staying power.

God, is it 12 years? I remember when she first got that job. Tempus fuggit, eh?

Burney
09-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Do you nip down to your local for lunch when you WFH, Burney?

Not sure I have ever WFH and not popped down the Red Lion for two pints of ale and a roast gammon sandwich with lashings of mustard. And a packet of crisps to start, of course. :cloud9:

Oh, yes. The Brewery Tap for me.

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:25 PM
God, is it 12 years? I remember when she first got that job. Tempus fuggit, eh?

Tempus certainly do fugg, and no mistake. She went in as a production administrator :hehe:

She's clever, for a bird.

Burney
09-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Tempus certainly do fugg, and no mistake. She went in as a production administrator :hehe:

She's clever, for a bird.

Yes. And when she met you, she was basically sitting around scratching herself for a living, wasn’t she?
I reckon you can claim some of the credit for her professional transformation.

Sir C
09-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Yes. And when she met you, she was basically sitting around scratching herself for a living, wasn’t she?
I reckon you can claim some of the credit for her professional transformation.

I think no one had ever explained to her that she's got a brain the size of a planet and the capability to do anything she'd like - coupled with growing up in an environment where earning a living is seen as a little vulgar, she hadn't really seen a career as an option.

Burney
09-06-2018, 04:02 PM
I think no one had ever explained to her that she's got a brain the size of a planet and the capability to do anything she'd like - coupled with growing up in an environment where earning a living is seen as a little vulgar, she hadn't really seen a career as an option.

I remember how you used to go and pick her up from St Mary Cray every evening like a protective mother hen. It was quite sweet. :-)