PDA

View Full Version : I'm newbie. I love Arsenal

olyly94
09-06-2018, 04:29 AM
I have been a fan of Arsenal for 2 years now and I am from Singapore.
I hope to get to chat with you all & make some friends here... Feel free to contact me! (https://forums.meteor.com/t/which-front-end-framework-would-best-complement-meteor/44659)

Sir C
09-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I hope to get to chat with you all & make some friends here... Feel free to contact me! (https://forums.meteor.com/t/which-front-end-framework-would-best-complement-meteor/44659)

Welcome newbie. You haven't caught us on our finest day, it must be said. Many of us here have happy memories of Singapore and some of us have been Arsenal fans for 2 years or more. WES loves Singaporean food but only if it's served from an all-u-can eat buffet in a cheap hotel in Dubai. Crazy Canucks, eh? Whaddya gonna do?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-06-2018, 11:14 AM

who will feign friendship with you in order to plunder your very bowels and leave you ruined and sobbing. Unless, of course, you are that way inclined in which case I'm sure you'll have a pleasant and meaningful relationship.

I personally find Straits cuisine rather emetic btw.

IUFG
09-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Welcome newbie. You haven't caught us on our finest day, it must be said. Many of us here have happy memories of Singapore and some of us have been Arsenal fans for 2 years or more. WES loves Singaporean food but only if it's served from an all-u-can eat buffet in a cheap hotel in Dubai. Crazy Canucks, eh? Whaddya gonna do?

point of order here, sc.

there are not any cheap hotels in Dubai...

Sir C
09-06-2018, 11:16 AM
who will feign friendship with you in order to plunder your very bowels and leave you ruined and sobbing. Unless, of course, you are that way inclined in which case I'm sure you'll have a pleasant and meaningful relationship.

What of the chilli crab, h? The laksa? The chicken rice?

barrybueno
09-06-2018, 11:18 AM

The newbie might be a girly H

Burney
09-06-2018, 11:22 AM

The roti canai! With curry for breakfast! Marvellous.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Well I loved Nasi Goreng as a child from the street vendors in Singapore City and decided to visit what purpoted to be Soho's most authentic straits Cuisine restaurant a couple of years ago and the GLW and I damn nearly hurled :-(

Sir C
09-06-2018, 11:28 AM
The roti canai! With curry for breakfast! Marvellous.

I watched a bloke in a shack in Malaysia making the rotis once. (Actually he let me have a go. It was rather fun.) Anyway, the secret lies in the 4 or 5 litres of oil in each roti...

Sir C
09-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Well I loved Nasi Goreng as a child from the street vendors in Singapore City and decided to visit what purpoted to be Soho's most authentic straits Cuisine restaurant a couple of years ago and the GLW and I damn nearly hurled :-(

Maybe they gave you the authentic Indonesian nasi goreng.

Indonesian food is... odd.

Burney
09-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Maybe they gave you the authentic Indonesian nasi goreng.

Indonesian food is... odd.

The Dutch are mental for it, though. All I can say about it is that there can't be many Indonesians with peanut allergies because every fecking thing is full of peanuts.

Sir C
09-06-2018, 11:35 AM
The Dutch are mental for it, though. All I can say about it is that there can't be many Indonesians with peanut allergies because every fecking thing is full of peanuts.

I've had some amazing Indonesian meals in Holland. I remember a dish of fried bananas covered in a tomato sauce with fried eggs on top that gave me some pause for thought.

Burney
09-06-2018, 11:37 AM
I've had some amazing Indonesian meals in Holland. I remember a dish of fried bananas covered in a tomato sauce with fried eggs on top that gave me some pause for thought.

:-( But you ordered that, right?

Sir C
09-06-2018, 11:51 AM
:-( But you ordered that, right?

I think it came as part of a rijstafel.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-06-2018, 09:49 PM

delicious and that was indeed a small Indonesian pit-stop just off the the Leidseplein in A'dam in '79 and then again in 92 when I returned and found it remarkably unchanged, when I thought I had discovered Nirvana on Earth in that city.

Do you know, I know people who have spent extended periods of time in Amsterdam and never even tried a schpliff. One fella who worked there for a year! How is that possible?

Maravilloso Marvo
09-07-2018, 08:51 AM

I've had that

In Spain

Quite a lot. It's a staple part of the dinner rotation menu at the family home. I had always assumed it was a Spanish dish. They serve it with rice as well.

Sir C
09-07-2018, 08:53 AM
I've had that

In Spain

Quite a lot. It's a staple part of the dinner rotation menu at the family home. I had always assumed it was a Spanish dish. They serve it with rice as well.

Christ, I'd have thought Spaniards had more sense.