PDA

View Full Version : I see here the Archbishop of Canterbury has stuck the boot in.

eastgermanautos
09-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Serves you right, you greedy little pigs. Higher taxes, the whole nine yards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/world/europe/uk-economy-prosperity-justice-inequality-fairness-welby.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

IUFG
09-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Serves you right, you greedy little pigs. Higher taxes, the whole nine yards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/world/europe/uk-economy-prosperity-justice-inequality-fairness-welby.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

Yes. A clergyman is quite obviously 'the man' to go to when it comes to macro-economic advice

eastgermanautos
09-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Yes. A clergyman is quite obviously 'the man' to go to when it comes to macro-economic advice

Not just the clergyman, though, is it? It's God himself, speaking through this vessel that is the Archbishop. You're all fvcked now.

IUFG
09-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Not just the clergyman, though, is it? It's God himself, speaking through this vessel that is the Archbishop. You're all fvcked now.

'God' doesn't exist, you fúcking crackpot.

Burney
09-05-2018, 10:18 AM
'God' doesn't exist, you fúcking crackpot.

Also, he’s a dirty heretic.

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2018, 11:12 AM

tbf he runs a company that makes more money than McDonalds - should know a thing or two about economics. Or avoiding tax

IUFG
09-05-2018, 11:27 AM

ah, but what if the Allans are right?

That'd make yer Pope (aka Head Kiddiefiddler) a heretic (kaffir) too...

Not to mention the Jewishers.

But then again, isn't it just one 'God' that simply doesn't exist? The rest is just made up detail.

You see, these religious types making things complicated when actually it is all very simple.

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2018, 11:42 AM
ah, but what if the Allans are right?

That'd make yer Pope (aka Head Kiddiefiddler) a heretic (kaffir) too...

Not to mention the Jewishers.

But then again, isn't it just one 'God' that simply doesn't exist? The rest is just made up detail.

You see, these religious types making things complicated when actually it is all very simple.
Don't be mixing up Ganesha with all your bog-standard beard gods. He has AN ELEPHANT'S HEAD - if he didn't exist we would have to make him up

Ash
09-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Don't be mixing up Ganesha with all your bog-standard beard gods. He has AN ELEPHANT'S HEAD - if he didn't exist we would have to make him up

Elephant's Head?

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelsignposts.com%2Fdestinat ion%2Fvar%2Falbums%2FEnglandWales%2FLondon-Home-of-the-2012-Olympics%2FCamden-Lock-and-Market%2FAJP_2517.jpg%3Fm%3D1367129069&f=1

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Elephant's Head?

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelsignposts.com%2Fdestinat ion%2Fvar%2Falbums%2FEnglandWales%2FLondon-Home-of-the-2012-Olympics%2FCamden-Lock-and-Market%2FAJP_2517.jpg%3Fm%3D1367129069&f=1
Ah - many memories of late nights in there. Is it actually still going. Did look in the Oxford Arms when I was back last Christmas but that seems to be even more of a dive then I remember

IUFG
09-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Ah - many memories of late nights in there. Is it actually still going. Did look in the Oxford Arms when I was back last Christmas but that seems to be even more of a dive then I remember

Psychobilly night every Tuesday 9pm-1.30am.

Is there enough Psychobilly music to fill that time?

Burney
09-05-2018, 12:23 PM

Careful now! I believe ganpati is some sort of heather who worships old trunk-face and is probably deeply offended right now. You could be committing a hate crime.

Burney
09-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Psychobilly night every Tuesday 9pm-1.30am.

Is there enough Psychobilly music to fill that time?

I’m guessing it’s the same song over and over again.

IUFG
09-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Careful now! I believe ganpati is some sort of heather who worships old trunk-face and is probably deeply offended right now. You could be committing a hate crime.

Brahma is the more direct comparison to God, innit?

And. Why a cow is sacred is anyone's guess.

Sir C
09-05-2018, 12:29 PM

He's in India at the moment. Probably hanging out at CP, if I'm any judge.

Burney
09-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Brahma is the more direct comparison to God, innit?

And. Why a cow is sacred is anyone's guess.

Who cares? Damn silly religion. Running around chucking dye at each other and worshipping large mammals. Bloody savages.

IUFG
09-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Who cares? Damn silly religion. Running around chucking dye at each other and worshipping large mammals. Bloody savages.

Sounds a bit more fun than going to a dour mass for hours on end, tbf

Burney
09-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Sounds a bit more fun than going to a dour mass for hours on end, tbf

Yes, but you're not meant to enjoy religion, ffs! If you're having fun, it can't be doing your immortal soul any good. That's just scientific fact.

IUFG
09-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Yes, but you're not meant to enjoy religion, ffs! If you're having fun, it can't be doing your immortal soul any good. That's just scientific fact.

Oh I see, years of pain and boredom of worshipping your given deity on the off chance that that particular deity is the one and you'll be saved from eternal damnation.

Sounds like a bit of a bummer if you choose the wrong one, though.

Burney
09-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Oh I see, years of pain and boredom of worshipping your given deity on the off chance that that particular deity is the one and you'll be saved from eternal damnation.

Sounds like a bit of a bummer if you choose the wrong one, though.

Quite. Which is why everyone sensible is a Catholic.

IUFG
09-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Quite. Which is why everyone sensible is a Catholic.

IF there was a God, I half hope the Rastafari would be the chosen ones...