PDA

View Full Version : So is Auld Veng laughing his socks off, do you think?

Ash
09-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Instead of fanny-dancing around on the edge of the opponents box we are now doing it on the edge of our own. :hehe:

:-|

We do look a bit better at the other end though.

Burney
09-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Instead of fanny-dancing around on the edge of the opponents box we are now doing it on the edge of our own. :hehe:

I was given to understand that this chap who looks, speaks and dresses like the concierge of a cheap Costa Blanca tourist hotel was all about basing his whole gig on creating a strong defence. So far, I have yet to see any evidence of this.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-03-2018, 10:21 AM
We did revert to the old impenetrable football on the edge of THEIR box for all of 60 seconds or so when the score was 2 each

The Wengerball DNA still lingers

Pulling Ramsay back a bit further might assist the shape and strength of the team

IUFG
09-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Sacrificing Granit Xhaka to the footballing gods will sort this sort of **** out...

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-03-2018, 11:49 AM

Do you think that Auld Archie, as Bruce Rioch used to call him, will be watching how we are doing?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-03-2018, 11:55 AM
I was given to understand that this chap who looks, speaks and dresses like the concierge of a cheap Costa Blanca tourist hotel was all about basing his whole gig on creating a strong defence. So far, I have yet to see any evidence of this.

I think he is giving the incumbent set of f*ckwits enough rope to hang themselves with.

Peter
09-03-2018, 11:55 AM

I think it takes more than two months and one transfer window to change a culture that has existed at a club for 20 years.

Our entire game is messy at present. I doubt you will see significant progress before Christmas and maybe not even then.

This is going to take a little while.

Ash
09-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Sacrificing Granit Xhaka to the footballing gods will sort this sort of **** out...

Can we chuck in his pal Mustafi as well, please?

Nice header though.

Ash
09-03-2018, 12:06 PM
I think it takes more than two months and one transfer window to change a culture that has existed at a club for 20 years.

Our entire game is messy at present. I doubt you will see significant progress before Christmas and maybe not even then.

This is going to take a little while.

Yes, we should be patient.

Still bloody hard work watching it though. Stress levels like that are seriously unhealthy.

WES
09-03-2018, 12:07 PM
We did revert to the old impenetrable football on the edge of THEIR box for all of 60 seconds or so when the score was 2 each

The Wengerball DNA still lingers

Pulling Ramsay back a bit further might assist the shape and strength of the team

That or selling him - he was useless again. Master WES and I said so and the Times disagreed so it must be true. :judge:

Sir C
09-03-2018, 12:10 PM
That or selling him - he was useless again. Master WES and I said so and the Times disagreed so it must be true. :judge:

You thought Ramsey was useless yesterday?

Did you watch the game?

Ash
09-03-2018, 12:19 PM

B0llocks, WES, he had a decent game for the most part. Well, some of the part that I could watch anyway. I was flicking between that and the F1 to escape the stomach-wrenching angst of watching us trying to defend.

Unless, of course, you are just parodying the character you play on here, as many do.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Still bloody hard work watching it though. Stress levels like that are seriously unhealthy.

You don't have to watch, a :shrug:

Sir C
09-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Are you saying you're unaccustomed to watching us defend like Keystone Cops?

Where have you been for the last 15 years?

Ash
09-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Are you saying you're unaccustomed to watching us defend like Keystone Cops?

Where have you been for the last 15 years?

It wasn't this bloody bad. I have grown a skin which can live with gifting a decent chance or three, but not every time we get the ball and pass it back to Cheque to not-clear.

WES
09-03-2018, 12:35 PM
You thought Ramsey was useless yesterday?

Did you watch the game?

No, not really. I just felt that I should say that in order to maintain some sense on continuity.

He was average. Did very little of note and spent much of the time taking too many touches and slowing the play down. Souness pointed this out in his pre-match criticism and sure enough there was Aaron proving him right for 90 minutes.

7sisters
09-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Can we chuck in his pal Mustafi as well, please?

Nice header though.

Some fine tw@tting from Laca too

https://twitter.com/nowarsenai/status/1036233208214507522?s=21