PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to the big match on Tuesday night, boys.

Sir C
08-31-2018, 10:18 AM
MK Dons host Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy. It's going to be quite the occasion. I foresee a crowd of several hundred.

Burney
08-31-2018, 10:23 AM
MK Dons host Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy. It's going to be quite the occasion. I foresee a crowd of several hundred.

I can only hope that whatever business it is this is in aid of is sufficiently lucrative to be worth the spiritual cost of having to schlep to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night to watch terrible, terrible football happen.

Sir C
08-31-2018, 10:31 AM
I can only hope that whatever business it is this is in aid of is sufficiently lucrative to be worth the spiritual cost of having to schlep to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night to watch terrible, terrible football happen.

This is the second time in a fortnight. The worst part is the requirement to commence drinking at 3 pm, carry on through to the early hours, then attend a meeting in Milton Keynes at 9 am. I am too old for ths shít.

Burney
08-31-2018, 10:54 AM
This is the second time in a fortnight. The worst part is the requirement to commence drinking at 3 pm, carry on through to the early hours, then attend a meeting in Milton Keynes at 9 am. I am too old for ths shít.

Of course, this means you have attended far more MK Dons games in recent years than you have Arsenal games. Does this mean you've switched allegiances? Are you now a Doner?

Sir C
08-31-2018, 10:57 AM
Of course, this means you have attended far more MK Dons games in recent years than you have Arsenal games. Does this mean you've switched allegiances? Are you now a Doner?

I suppose I am. I know the name of one of their players, although I have forgotten it as we speak.

The food in the hospitality suite is... indescribable. The options are: balti pie with mash, minced beef pie with mash, mushroom pie with mash. Every. Time.

Burney
08-31-2018, 10:59 AM
I suppose I am. I know the name of one of their players, although I have forgotten it as we speak.

The food in the hospitality suite is... indescribable. The options are: balti pie with mash, minced beef pie with mash, mushroom pie with mash. Every. Time.

That actually sounds quite nice. Although I'd prefer chips.

Pokster
08-31-2018, 12:00 PM
That actually sounds quite nice. Although I'd prefer chips.

Chips and Mash? Your Irish roots are showing here b

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2018, 12:04 PM

I've three trips home for sporting events before Christmas and not a single Arsenal game among them :(

Test Match next Saturday
Leicester v Saints at Twickenham
England v New Zealand at Twickenham

Can't say I am holding out much hope for England in either

Burney
08-31-2018, 01:06 PM
Chips and Mash? Your Irish roots are showing here b

:nod: Chips sticking out of the pile of mash like spines on a hedgehog. :eat: