PDA

View Full Version : My treadmill died at 07:00 this morning. RIP treadmill.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Balls, I thought, that'll be 2 grand and a fortnight without the requisite apparatus.

Checking the website of the shop wherein the machine was originally purchased, to my delight I found a similar model reduced in price by 50%, available for delivery tomorrow. By 07:10 I had ordered and paid for the thing and within moments had confirmation of delivery tomorrow.

The internet / rampant consumerism is a wonderful thing.

Ash
08-23-2018, 02:21 PM
What do you make in your mill btw? Flour? Paper? Gunpowder?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Cause of death ?

Sir C
08-23-2018, 02:22 PM

I make sweat, snot and sanctimony in almost equal measures, a. The sanctimony I keep to myself, the rest I share liberally with the environment.

Burney
08-23-2018, 02:23 PM

It does seem a shame for all that energy to go to waste when he could be harnessing it to grind corn or similar.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Cause of death ?

I ran it to death.

I don't know really. It suddenly sped up a bit, and then it stopped. It worked when I turned it off and on again but there's a squeaky noise so it must be fúcked.

Burney
08-23-2018, 02:24 PM
I make sweat, snot and sanctimony in almost equal measures, a. The sanctimony I keep to myself, the rest I share liberally with the environment.

What do you do with the snot? :-(

Sir C
08-23-2018, 02:25 PM
What do you do with the snot? :-(

I sort of flick it all around the room :-( It's disgusting, the whole place is covered in gobbets of dried mucus. Walls, floor, ceiling. Everywhere.

Burney
08-23-2018, 02:26 PM
I sort of flick it all around the room :-( It's disgusting, the whole place is covered in gobbets of dried mucus. Walls, floor, ceiling. Everywhere.

:-( I hope you don't take quite such a cavalier approach to all your bodily fluids?

Maravilloso Marvo
08-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Is it too late to cancel your order? You NEED to have one of these in your life

https://www.woodway.com/products/curve

WES
08-23-2018, 02:33 PM

My gym in the City is getting those. Not that I can run anymore with this f*cking calf muscle pull.

I was dropping weight and getting very fit as well. :-(

Sir C

Looks like something for chicks, m.

Ash

Zero electricity, eh? Fancy being able to take exercise without burning electricity. Whatever will they think of next?

Sir C
08-23-2018, 02:34 PM
:-( I hope you don't take quite such a cavalier approach to all your bodily fluids?

Not while I'm running. Although I did puke one day recently. I'd been no, never mind, you don't want to know.

Maravilloso Marvo
08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
My gym in the City is getting those. Not that I can run anymore with this f*cking calf muscle pull.

I was dropping weight and getting very fit as well. :-(

Running is great WES, don't be disheartened by your calf injury. I am sure it will only be 3-4 weeks that you will be a little bit short for. After that you should follow me on Strava. It's a wonderful way of boasting to your friends how far you can run in one go. Just the other day I received several kudos' from people after I had been on a 10 mile run.

Ash
08-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Just the other day I received several kudos' from people after I had been on a 10 mile run.

That's nice, well done Marv.

Where did you go?

Maravilloso Marvo
08-23-2018, 03:00 PM
That's nice, well done Marv.

Where did you go?

The run at the weekend was out in Kent. I do do a fair bit in the City though, I have a good route worked out along the river. I need to work out a route along the canals at some point.

Here you go

Ash
08-23-2018, 03:38 PM
The run at the weekend was out in Kent. I do do a fair bit in the City though, I have a good route worked out along the river. I need to work out a route along the canals at some point.

You can do a circular route from Limehouse basin. Up the Limehouse Cut to the Lee Navigation/Lea River then up to Hackney Wick, then Hertford Union Canal to Victoria Park and back south on the Regents Canal to Limehouse. There's a a ten mile route in vol 2 of the Time Out book of London Walks.

Ash
08-23-2018, 03:46 PM

I was walking round that thar way the other week on the London Loop - Petts Wood, Farnborough, Keston. What mapping app do you use? Map My Walk is annoying me currently - its iPhone interface is horrid.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Balls, I thought, that'll be 2 grand and a fortnight without the requisite apparatus.

Checking the website of the shop wherein the machine was originally purchased, to my delight I found a similar model reduced in price by 50%, available for delivery tomorrow. By 07:10 I had ordered and paid for the thing and within moments had confirmation of delivery tomorrow.

The new one is on a van and on its way. I can track the van on a map! He's just passing Tatsfield!

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:04 AM
The new one is on a van and on its way. I can track the van on a map! He's just passing Tatsfield!

Hmm, he's on delivery no. 1, and I'm no. 13. He's expected to reach me at 12:20.

No chance.What a bunch of lyors :-(

SWv2
08-24-2018, 09:19 AM

Is there a specific reason why you don't just run around outside?

Do you not live in the countryside as such??

IUFG
08-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Hmm, he's on delivery no. 1, and I'm no. 13. He's expected to reach me at 12:20.

No chance.What a bunch of lyors :-(

Ive got a new fridge freezer coming from John Lewis. Free next day delivery apparently.

It is arriving next fúcking Thursday.

They are all ****s. Even John Lewis nowadays, it seems.

sad seens.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Is there a specific reason why you don't just run around outside?

Do you not live in the countryside as such??

Yes, but my poor old knees, stripped of cartilage as they are, do not respond well to running on pavement. The bit of padding on a treadmill allows me to exercise. Hurrah for treadmills!

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Ive got a new fridge freezer coming from John Lewis. Free next day delivery apparently.

sad seens.

Now he's on no. 2. There's no way the bástard's getting here for lunchtime :-(

They are all ****s i. You are quite correct.

SWv2
08-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Yes, but my poor old knees, stripped of cartilage as they are, do not respond well to running on pavement. The bit of padding on a treadmill allows me to exercise. Hurrah for treadmills!

Well yes. I ran for a very short period a few years ago, in a gym for a period and then when the summer came I moved onto Marley Park.

Second trip out I banjaxed my achilles tendon areas and decided there and then that running was for poofs and second hand car dealers.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Well yes. I ran for a very short period a few years ago, in a gym for a period and then when the summer came I moved onto Marley Park.

Second trip out I banjaxed my achilles tendon areas and decided there and then that running was for poofs and second hand car dealers.

I took up regular running some 5 years ago, and now I run 5 or 6 days a week. I confess, I find it rather exhilirating.

Plus, I am a greedy fúcker and if I didn't do plenty of exercise, given the amount I eat and drink, I'd be a 30 stone shut in within months.

IUFG
08-24-2018, 09:42 AM
and now I run 5 or 6 days a week

talking of gagging for it.
You're gagging for a rather severe clutcher, sc

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:45 AM
talking of gagging for it.
You're gagging for a rather severe clutcher, sc

Surely I'm saving myself from the clutcher, i? No drugs, no fags, plenty exercise... I'm going to live forever man.

Ash
08-24-2018, 09:46 AM

sad seens.

This makes me feel better about the nightmare I had from Curry's in bleeding Tottnumb Hale. The fridge was excellent in the end though. Being able to store cans of beer vertically instead of horizontally improved life significantly. Basically I could store twice as many cans! :-D :cloud9:

Sir C
08-24-2018, 11:47 AM
balls, i thought, that'll be 2 grand and a fortnight without the requisite apparatus.

Checking the website of the shop wherein the machine was originally purchased, to my delight i found a similar model reduced in price by 50%, available for delivery tomorrow. By 07:10 i had ordered and paid for the thing and within moments had confirmation of delivery tomorrow.

he's half a mile away! It'll be here soon!

Viva Prat Vegas
08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Resist the urge to ask the driver why he's an hour late

12:20 indeed

Sir C
08-24-2018, 12:39 PM

"Assembly requires two persons and should take around two hours." :-(

Burney
08-24-2018, 12:47 PM
"Assembly requires two persons and should take around two hours." :-(

Surely you have chaps to whom you can slip a few quid to do this for you?

Sir C
08-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Surely you have chaps to whom you can slip a few quid to do this for you?

Certainly I have chaps. I just don't want to wait two hours. I haven't had a run since Wednesday, I'm twitching here.

IUFG
08-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Certainly I have chaps. I just don't want to wait two hours. I haven't had a run since Wednesday, I'm twitching here.

There is something called 'the outside'. Perhaps you could run there?

Ash
08-24-2018, 01:15 PM
There is something called 'the outside'. Perhaps you could run there?

We've done that. He needs the soft bouncy track, not nasty pavements.

Basically cheating imo. No pain, no spiritual gain.

Ash
08-24-2018, 01:16 PM

What will you do with the old one, chuck it over the neighbour's wall? Or take it apart and try and fix it?

IUFG
08-24-2018, 01:20 PM
What will you do with the old one, chuck it over the neighbour's wall? Or take it apart and try and fix it?

He'll leave it on the roadside verge with the píss-stained mattress he left there last week...

Burney
08-24-2018, 01:27 PM

Where Sir C lives, he can leave such an object outside and, within 12 hours, the Romany fairies will have magicked it away.

It is literally their only useful contribution to society.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 01:42 PM

I have chaps for that sort of thing. It will simply disappear, to where I know not.

In fact it has already disappeared. wd chaps.

Burney
08-24-2018, 01:44 PM
I have chaps for that sort of thing. It will simply disappear, to where I know not.

In fact it has already disappeared. wd chaps.

I’m going to guess it has disappeared somewhere where the £2.50 part it requires to work again has been replaced and is now on eBay for about £750. :thumbup:

Fabregasm
08-25-2018, 02:52 PM
You weren't getting anywhere with it anyways.

Maravilloso Marvo
08-28-2018, 12:43 PM
I was walking round that thar way the other week on the London Loop - Petts Wood, Farnborough, Keston. What mapping app do you use? Map My Walk is annoying me currently - its iPhone interface is horrid.

I track using my Garmin watch which uploads to their app when I have finished. I then have my Garmin account synced with my Strava account and that is where my screenshot is from. Strava is good for the "social media" side of things. I get to see what some friends are running on my feed and they get to see mine on theirs.

Not sure that is much use for walking though, I guess you want more live time feedback of where you are and where you want to go. Nikos is your man to ask for that, he loves his app, View Ranger I think it is.

And yes, lovely part of the world, that is why I live there!