PDA

View Full Version : So, Jack Wilshere to score the winner on Saturday?

Sir C
08-23-2018, 11:04 AM
I hope he celebrates, as well. The way that boy has been treated is nothing short of scandalous.

barrybueno
08-23-2018, 11:10 AM
I hope he celebrates, as well. The way that boy has been treated is nothing short of scandalous.

Agreed, 80k a week for chilling on your sofa, shocking!

Ash
08-23-2018, 11:18 AM

How was he treated?

Sir C
08-23-2018, 11:22 AM
How was he treated?

He was discarded, like a used tissue. See als, Wenger, Arsène.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2018, 11:27 AM

if he does he'll scored from being on the floor. this is where he seems to spend most of a match.

Ash
08-23-2018, 11:38 AM

A friend of mine said to me "There's just seems to be almost nobody at the club that I identify with or care about any more." Does that resonate with you, do you think?

Sir C
08-23-2018, 11:44 AM
A friend of mine said to me "There's just seems to be almost nobody at the club that I identify with or care about any more." Does that resonate with you, do you think?

Very much so, yes. Too much change too quickly, I suppose.

IUFG
08-23-2018, 11:46 AM

Bouldy is still there, sc.

hugging his ipad, full of pictures of Arsene...

Ash
08-23-2018, 11:47 AM

I think you'd like him. Little fella, quite charming really. Knows where the bar is, thinks Cesc Fabregas was our greatest ever midfielder, and likes Radiohead.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 12:17 PM
I think you'd like him. Little fella, quite charming really. Knows where the bar is, thinks Cesc Fabregas was our greatest ever midfielder, and likes Radiohead.

Always have. I'm just too old to cope with sanctimony.

7sisters
08-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Agreed, 80k a week for chilling on your sofa, shocking!

I wonder if statutory sick pay exists for PL players ? I mean, not really his fault for getting injured but do you know he spent more time on the absent list than Diaby ?
884 days, since season 2011-12 :yikes:

Ash
08-23-2018, 12:48 PM

But he wasn't. He was offered around 100 kilopounds every seven days to fight for his place in the Arsenal team. He said 'No'.

IUFG
08-23-2018, 12:49 PM
I wonder if statutory sick pay exists for PL players ?

I'm not sure £92.05 a week would pay for their weekly beard trims, 7

Sir C
08-23-2018, 12:54 PM
But he wasn't. He was offered around 100 kilopounds every seven days to fight for his place in the Arsenal team. He said 'No'.

He was told that he was unlikely to start very often. In effect, he was told that he wasn't wanted.

Poor Jack :-( Football is how he earns his living. It's like your company saying, 'here's a new contract but we won't want you to come to work very often.' How would you like it?

7sisters
08-23-2018, 12:56 PM

I think given his track record and completely invisible displays in the first couple of games for Boiled Ham, we dodged a bullet there.

Ash
08-23-2018, 12:58 PM
He was told that he was unlikely to start very often. In effect, he was told that he wasn't wanted.

Poor Jack :-( Football is how he earns his living. It's like your company saying, 'here's a new contract but we won't want you to come to work very often.' How would you like it?

:hehe:

Funnily enough, I've just been offered a new contract which says that we want you to come into work more often. It's good, but I shall a little bit miss the easy life.

Ash
08-23-2018, 12:59 PM
I think given his track record and completely invisible displays in the first couple of games for Boiled Ham, we dodged a bullet there.

Saving himself for us. I expect an early reducer will end Gwen Doozie's career. :-(

Sir C
08-23-2018, 01:01 PM
:hehe:

Funnily enough, I've just been offered a new contract which says that we want you to come into work more often. It's good, but I shall a little bit miss the easy life.

V's just taken a new job in order to increase time available for living. We should applaud such commitment to sloth. wd v.

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 01:05 PM
The worserest thing is I think that he would be ideal in front of Torreira and Young Michael Bolton

Ash
08-23-2018, 01:09 PM
The worserest thing is I think that he would be ideal in front of Torreira and Young Michael Bolton

We'll be fine with Torreira, Gwen and Ramsey. Mezut on the bench.

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 01:09 PM

Funny way to spell Lucas Perez

Ash
08-23-2018, 01:11 PM
V's just taken a new job in order to increase time available for living. We should applaud such commitment to sloth. wd v.

And in future people will need to be sharing the available work around more. Three day weeks all round!

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 01:13 PM
We'll be fine with Torreira, Gwen and Ramsey. Mezut on the bench.

Meh I'm done with Ramsey (please don't let WES see that)

Sir C
08-23-2018, 01:27 PM

You can't blame him for wanting out though, can you? Arsene signed him when he was a child with a promise that he would win things in a team which had grown up together. A midfield of Ramsey, Febregas, Rosicky and Denilson was destined to win multiple European cups.

Look what he's left with. A soulless orgaisation, a manager no one's heard of, and loads of newcomers. Who is this 'Torreira' and why is he wearing an Arsenal shirt?

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 01:33 PM
You can't blame him for wanting out though, can you? Arsene signed him when he was a child with a promise that he would win things in a team which had grown up together. A midfield of Ramsey, Febregas, Rosicky and Denilson was destined to win multiple European cups.

Look what he's left with. A soulless orgaisation, a manager no one's heard of, and loads of newcomers. Who is this 'Torreira' and why is he wearing an Arsenal shirt?

Bit early to be drinking isn't it?*

*no, no it isn't

Sir C
08-23-2018, 01:34 PM
Bit early to be drinking isn't it?*

*no, no it isn't

I can't believe I left out Diaby.

WES
08-23-2018, 02:13 PM

All you need to do now is apologise to Withers and I and admit that we were right and you were wrong and we can move on :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 02:16 PM
All you need to do now is apologise to Withers and I and admit that we were right and you were wrong and we can move on :thumbup:
Why? I still think he is a very good player and much of your criticism is nonsense, I just think our system is better without him and he kind of annoys me as a person. I may apologise to Withnail and buy him a pint of course. Not you :vsign:

WES
08-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Why? I still think he is a very good player and much of your criticism is nonsense, I just think our system is better without him and he kind of annoys me as a person. I may apologise to Withnail and buy him a pint of course. Not you :vsign:

I'll take that.

Ha! Learn your place, Nazi boy!

Withers has sorted out Master WES and his public school mate with two for Watford so I shall be buying him a beer in the very near future. Top chap, Withers. Knows his football. :-)

Luis Anaconda
08-23-2018, 02:33 PM
I'll take that.

Ha! Learn your place, Nazi boy!

Withers has sorted out Master WES and his public school mate with two for Watford so I shall be buying him a beer in the very near future. Top chap, Withers. Knows his football. :-)
He is and he does - gets the odd thing wrong, mind.

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 08:22 AM

No, different matter entirely. Playing actual football matches is only a tiny fraction of this wondrous activity footballers have taken to calling their "work". They've found plenty of other things to keep them busy.

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 08:23 AM

:nod: Wenger has alot to answer for.

IUFG
08-24-2018, 08:27 AM
They've found plenty of other things to keep them busy.

:nod:

Drink driving
Drugs
Stubbing cigars out in kids faces
Shooting kids with air rifles
Shagging underage girls
Rape
Stealing taxis
Tax evasion
Getting thrown out of nightclubs with their trousers down

The list is endless

oh, and who can forget dog walking...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KlE4PNnEzUk/SagHoUNFRRI/AAAAAAAABT8/jiMqvNZSDl8/s400/daily+mail+gay+yorkie+miniature+yorkshire+terrier. jpg

Sir C
08-24-2018, 08:29 AM
:nod:

Drink driving
Drugs
Stubbing cigars out in kids faces
Shooting kids with air rifles
Shagging underage girls
Rape
Stealing taxis
Tax evasion
Getting thrown out of nightclubs with their trousers down

The list is endless

oh, and who can forget dog walking...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KlE4PNnEzUk/SagHoUNFRRI/AAAAAAAABT8/jiMqvNZSDl8/s400/daily+mail+gay+yorkie+miniature+yorkshire+terrier. jpg

Of those thins, how many are actually bad, though? We must push through this current snowflakery and get back to common sense and an appreciation of good old fashioned bantz.

SWv2
08-24-2018, 08:39 AM

Criticism of the lad from a football perspective is at times warranted (as indeed is criticism of every footballer that has played the game) but a complete and utter hatred and subsequent dismissal of him as a footballer is not. He could still work for Arsenal in a midfield 3 so who knows.

Putting aside all personal feelings he simply shouldn’t be at the club any longer, and I accept that we cannot just sell the lad but the issue should have been managed and brought to a head long before now.

Pre-Emery if you will.

So in summary, Wenger out!

Luis Anaconda
08-24-2018, 08:39 AM
Of those thins, how many are actually bad, though? We must push through this current snowflakery and get back to common sense and an appreciation of good old fashioned bantz.
The dog walking is an atrocity

Luis Anaconda
08-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Criticism of the lad from a football perspective is at times warranted (as indeed is criticism of every footballer that has played the game) but a complete and utter hatred and subsequent dismissal of him as a footballer is not. He could still work for Arsenal in a midfield 3 so who knows.

Putting aside all personal feelings he simply shouldn’t be at the club any longer, and I accept that we cannot just sell the lad but the issue should have been managed and brought to a head long before now.

Pre-Emery if you will.

So in summary, Wenger out!
Indeed, he could. I really just preferred Jack if a choice had to be made

SWv2
08-24-2018, 08:50 AM
Indeed, he could. I really just preferred Jack if a choice had to be made

Well indeed however I fear with Jack he is now onto a career of mediocrity and indeed nothingness as he has taken a huge backward step from leafy Islington to the ****house Stratford, if you will allow me to use Estate Agent terminology as a footballing analogy.

Ramsey with the right move could yet move forward as the only resolution I can see is his leaving to another PL side.

Console yourself with the fact that we will always have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6UoBJ4tPMM

Luis Anaconda
08-24-2018, 08:54 AM
Well indeed however I fear with Jack he is now onto a career of mediocrity and indeed nothingness as he has taken a huge backward step from leafy Islington to the ****house Stratford, if you will allow me to use Estate Agent terminology as a footballing analogy.

Ramsey with the right move could yet move forward as the only resolution I can see is his leaving to another PL side.

Console yourself with the fact that we will always have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6UoBJ4tPMM

Genuinely beautiful

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 08:58 AM
The dog walking is an atrocity

Well, quite. He hasn't even got a real dog .-\

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 09:02 AM

None of them are bad, as such. That is, if you're winning. And, of course, the nowadays footballer is always winning, regardless of whether he is actually winning or not. If you follow.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:05 AM
None of them are bad, as such. That is, if you're winning. And, of course, the nowadays footballer is always winning, regardless of whether he is actually winning or not. If you follow.

The only one I'd have a major problem with is the rape, if it was unprovoked.

SWv2
08-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Well, quite. He hasn't even got a real dog .-\

My kids desperately want a dog.

I have told them no as I pick up no shíte from an animal.

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 09:10 AM
My kids desperately want a dog.

I have told them no as I pick up no shíte from an animal.

Very wise, as ever. Never get pets for your kids. It doesn't work that way.

IUFG
08-24-2018, 09:15 AM
The only one I'd have a major problem with is the rape, if it was unprovoked.

Unprovoked rape?

Provoked rape?

Your mind works in even stranger ways than I thought, sc.

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Unprovoked rape?

Provoked rape?

Your mind works in even stranger ways than I thought, sc.

You've seen 'em i, with their short skirts and their make up... flaunting themselves!

redgunamo
08-24-2018, 09:26 AM
You've seen 'em i, with their short skirts and their make up... flaunting themselves!

:nod: And "When you’re a star, they let you do it", as the man said.

IUFG
08-24-2018, 09:27 AM

Oh I see.

"Asking for it" as it were...

Sir C
08-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Oh I see.

"Asking for it" as it were...

Well I wouldn't be so crass as to say so, but if you put it like that, yes. Gagging for it, they are.

The bitches.

AFC East
08-24-2018, 04:15 PM

I think we can wait a little while to see how Ramsey performs under Emery. All very early days.