PDA

View Full Version : This is literally the only time Pete Doherty has ever impressed me.

Burney
08-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Fair play. That's a lot of food.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-45264871

IUFG
08-23-2018, 10:51 AM

chips with a full English?

not for me, Clive.

Edit: Onion rings? FFS

Burney
08-23-2018, 10:54 AM

not for me, Clive.

I think when we're in this sort of territory, all bets are off as regards content. It's all about quantity.

I can't help but think of the sh1t he's going to have later. :-(

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-23-2018, 10:56 AM

not for me, Clive.

So you're ok with a burger then? Deviant.

IUFG
08-23-2018, 10:57 AM
I think when we're in this sort of territory, all bets are off as regards content.

I can't help but think of the sh1t he's going to have later. :-(

He (and his type) are the ones leaving those immovable jobbies in the toilets.

But still, onion rings? really?

IUFG
08-23-2018, 10:58 AM

A sort of McSausage burger? Fine with that.

Burney
08-23-2018, 10:58 AM

Look, I feel we're all missing the point here! Ne'er do well and keen scag monkey Doherty has eaten a surprisingly large meal and washed it down with fvcking Yazoo!

Christ!

IUFG
08-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Look, I feel we're all missing the point here! Ne'er do well and keen scag monkey Doherty has eaten a surprisingly large meal and washed it down with fvcking Yazoo!

Christ!

No wonder he looks such a fúcking mess.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 10:59 AM

If it's a Bird's Eye frozen burger that's been fried, no worries. It it's a proper burger, or if there's any sort of bun involved, it's deviancy good and proper.

IUFG
08-23-2018, 11:04 AM
a Bird's Eye frozen burger

They were always a treat.

Beef heart and fat with some spices and salt all held together with rusk :cloud:

Sir C
08-23-2018, 11:07 AM
They were always a treat.

Beef heart and fat with some spices and salt all held together with rusk :cloud:

I bought a packet recently. I had one, fried, with a slice of cheddar half-heartedly melted on top, in a crispy roll with tomato sauce, just like my mama used to make in the 1970s.

It was every bit as perfect as you remember.

barrybueno
08-23-2018, 11:11 AM

No beer? Poofta imo

08-23-2018, 11:33 AM
No beer? Poofta imo

He probs had a bit of coke with it.

Ash
08-23-2018, 11:33 AM

not for me, Clive.

Optional chips are ok, in a big brekky, but not onion rings.

What gets me though is the 'beans OR tomato'. I mean seriously, what the chuffing Belgium is going on there? It's a MEGA Breakfast, not a Set Breakfast #1. Beans AND tomato.

And the man has eaten over half the plate and there are still three eggs left untouched. Madness. Utter madness.

08-23-2018, 11:36 AM
And the man has eaten over half the plate and there are still three eggs left untouched. Madness. Utter madness.

RIP Curly :-(

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-23-2018, 11:41 AM

not for me, Clive.

When I moved into my first squat after finishing uni in '92, I ended up having my giro day fry up as 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 black pudding, mushrooms and chips. (And proper French or Belgian style frites, not any of your fat, English muck.)

With a pint of milk to drink whilst eating the first half, a frothy, sweet milk coffee with the 2nd half once it had cooled down, and a can of Coke at the end to make you burp.

Mare St in Hackney. Heaven.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-23-2018, 11:41 AM

I'd suggest a Man v Food scenario but that stunt barely describes either

IUFG
08-23-2018, 11:44 AM
When I moved into my first squat after finishing uni in '92, I ended up having my giro day fry up as 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 black pudding, mushrooms and chips. (And proper French or Belgian style frites, not any of your fat, English muck.)

With a pint of milk to drink whilst eating the first half, a frothy, sweet milk coffee with the 2nd half once it had cooled down, and a can of Coke at the end to make you burp.

No bacon?

:redcard:

08-23-2018, 12:16 PM
No bacon?

:redcard:

I know it makes me a heathen, but I preferred both sausages and black pudding to bacon, and they were all the same price.

When I used to spend a bit of time in Amsterdam, we'd arrive on the over-night train from Paris and go to Barney's coffee shop down on Harlemmerstraat. You got an Irish Breakfast in there with white pudding.

Next door to the Pink Floyd Coffee Shop where we'd go cos it had a babyfoot table on the top (4th) floor, which was always free cos all the hippy tourists were too stoned to get above floor 2.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-23-2018, 12:36 PM
That chap must lose a fortune. That doesn't even look that hard. 4000 calories isn't much for a food challenge. I've deffo done breakfast ones myself that were at least 50% harder than that.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 12:45 PM

I'll tell you what's weird about that, g. A grown man drinking milk.

Milk makes your spit go all stringy. It is repulsive stuff. The best thing Mrs T ever did was liberate our children from the curse of milk.

IUFG
08-23-2018, 12:47 PM

post reported to SW

Ash
08-23-2018, 12:54 PM

Milk makes your spit go all stringy. It is repulsive stuff. The best thing Mrs T ever did was liberate our children from the curse of milk.

It is a magnificent food, which quenches your thirst as it nourishes you. Designed to make a small cow double its weight every few weeks, it makes your bones strong and is packed full of goodies.

What Mrs T liberated us from was not milk, but rancid milk. As the capitalist dairies naturally persued their interests, they could maximise their profits by supplying old, rotten milk to schools, on the basis that no-one in those days would listen to whining children.

Sir C
08-23-2018, 01:00 PM
It is a magnificent food, which quenches your thirst as it nourishes you. Designed to make a small cow double its weight every few weeks, it makes your bones strong and is packed full of goodies.

What Mrs T liberated us from was not milk, but rancid milk. As the capitalist dairies naturally persued their interests, they could maximise their profits by supplying old, rotten milk to schools, on the basis that no-one in those days would listen to whining children.

Are you a veal calf, a?

Ash
08-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Are you a veal calf, a?

Most of the DNA is the same, I expect.

Burney
08-23-2018, 01:38 PM

Still nice with a Malted Milk biscuit, though.

I still love a Malted Milk biscuit.

08-23-2018, 01:40 PM

I can see what you mean. But it might have been the only hot meal for a fortnight, and you needed something to swig while waiting for the coffee to cool down. The coke was for the end with the bubbles to make you burp.

I am no expert on biological matters but assumed that it provided nutrients we weren't getting from the bottles of Merrydown Cider we drank of an evening in those days.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2018, 01:40 PM
We used to get those at Nursery

That and a sweet on Fridays

Burney
08-23-2018, 01:43 PM
I can see what you mean. But it might have been the only hot meal for a fortnight, and you needed something to swig while waiting for the coffee to cool down. The coke was for the end with the bubbles to make you burp.

I am no expert on biological matters but assumed that it provided nutrients we weren't getting from the bottles of Merrydown Cider we drank of an evening in those days.

I currently have two gallons of apple juice fermenting in my utility room, gg. By Christmas, it should have become finest madman's p1ss imo.

08-23-2018, 03:39 PM
I currently have two gallons of apple juice fermenting in my utility room, gg. By Christmas, it should have become finest madman's p1ss imo.

Excellent. Is it hard to do - turn apples into booze like a west country Jesus?