PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Oliver taking a kicking because his jerk rice

Sir C
08-20-2018, 12:35 PM
isn't jerky enough and is a clear example of cultural appropriation.

Honestly. The only way to react now is :hehe:

The lunatics have taken control of the asylum.

WES
08-20-2018, 12:38 PM

Ah Charles, apologies because I've asked you this about a thousand times but I finally have decided I'm going to polish up my French and learn Spanish.

The name of the language learning person/company thingy you recommended many moons ago? Chaws.

Sir C
08-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Ah Charles, apologies because I've asked you this about a thousand times but I finally have decided I'm going to polish up my French and learn Spanish.

The name of the language learning person/company thingy you recommended many moons ago? Chaws.

Blimey, it must be 14 years since you asked me that. 2004 I did the Spanish one...

Michel Thomas was his name. I have a feeling he's dead now.

Burney
08-20-2018, 12:54 PM

I have suggested they bury the hatchet by co-hosting a show of competitive jerk cooking called The Great British Jerk Off.

No takers so far.

Sir C
08-20-2018, 01:17 PM
I have suggested they bury the hatchet by co-hosting a show of competitive jerk cooking called The Great British Jerk Off.

No takers so far.

It's hard to feel sorry for Mr Interfering Nanny State Sanctimonious Fat-Tongued Mockney Wánker, as I believe his full title goes, but... no, hold on, I can't. If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Daft **** deserved evrything he gets from his friends on the left.

Burney
08-20-2018, 01:29 PM
It's hard to feel sorry for Mr Interfering Nanny State Sanctimonious Fat-Tongued Mockney Wánker, as I believe his full title goes, but... no, hold on, I can't. If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Daft **** deserved evrything he gets from his friends on the left.

One would like to think that the revolution starting to devour its own would make people stop and think, but so far no. No idea is so stupid now that it can simply be dismissed by the application of logic and common sense. Cultural appropriation a/ quite obviously isn't a real thing and b/ the logic behind it flies in the face of the concept of multiculturalism.

Now the police in Liverpool are investigating people for putting up stickers saying 'Women don't have pen1ses' - a statement so obviously factual that it is the equivalent of saying 'the sun rises in the east and sets in the west'. But no. Not in this idiocracy.

7sisters
08-20-2018, 01:39 PM
One would like to think that the revolution starting to devour its own would make people stop and think, but so far no. No idea is so stupid now that it can simply be dismissed by the application of logic and common sense. Cultural appropriation a/ quite obviously isn't a real thing and b/ the logic behind it flies in the face of the concept of multiculturalism.

Now the police in Liverpool are investigating people for putting up stickers saying 'Women don't have pen1ses' - a statement so obviously factual that it is the equivalent of saying 'the sun rises in the east and sets in the west'. But no. Not in this idiocracy.

I think you’ll like this. More madness.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1005528/Chelsea-vs-Arsenal-Lee-Dixon-TV-fag-apology-Maurizio-Sarri-smoking/amp

Burney
08-20-2018, 01:44 PM
I think you’ll like this. More madness.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1005528/Chelsea-vs-Arsenal-Lee-Dixon-TV-fag-apology-Maurizio-Sarri-smoking/amp

:hehe: I'd like to think he did that on purpose.

Burney
08-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Blimey, it must be 14 years since you asked me that. 2004 I did the Spanish one...

Did you ever feel like asking what the Spanish for 'It's up for grabs now!' was?

Sir C
08-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Did you ever feel like asking what the Spanish for 'It's up for grabs now!' was?

Very good b, very good.

I'm going to be frank with you here. Events in 2004 sort of got in the way of my doing anything meaningful with this Spanish course. Yes, I found myself somewhat distracted.

Sir C
08-20-2018, 01:49 PM
:hehe: I'd like to think he did that on purpose.

Of course he did. He has quite the cheeky sense of humour, young Dicko.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Inspired by the sight of Gayeme Le Saux next to him

Maravilloso Marvo
08-20-2018, 02:31 PM

:nod: Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/

Sir C
08-20-2018, 02:36 PM
:nod: Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/

He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?

Burney
08-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Very good b, very good.

I'm going to be frank with you here. Events in 2004 sort of got in the way of my doing anything meaningful with this Spanish course. Yes, I found myself somewhat distracted.

Yes.

Anyway, Jamie Oliver has committed much worse cultural appropriation than making jerk rice.

https://twitter.com/sophwilkinson/status/1031529783916675073

Maravilloso Marvo
08-20-2018, 03:21 PM
He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?

Haha, believe it or not but it is a very good Spanish language school based in Clapham. I went for a few years in their early days and got on very well with Maria who founded it. She helped me over the years with proof reading my wedding speech that was in Spanish and other bits and pieces. I have watched on as her business has grown. So despite my tongue in cheek comment about the platinum service, I really would recommend it if you want to brush up on your Spanish.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Fash has used their Kings Cross service

WES
08-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Haha, believe it or not but it is a very good Spanish language school based in Clapham. I went for a few years in their early days and got on very well with Maria who founded it. She helped me over the years with proof reading my wedding speech that was in Spanish and other bits and pieces. I have watched on as her business has grown. So despite my tongue in cheek comment about the platinum service, I really would recommend it if you want to brush up on your Spanish.

You fluent now Marv?

I sooooo want to be fluent in Spanish. :-(

Maravilloso Marvo
08-20-2018, 03:26 PM
You fluent now Marv?

I sooooo want to be fluent in Spanish. :-(

I can understand most things most of the time. I lack confidence in speaking because I don't practise enough. Our kids are bilingual but I am not allowed to speak to them in Spanish as they have to learn the Spanish from their mum and English from me, not vice versa, that would be a disaster!

To be honest, unless you went to live there and had no option but to speak it 100% of the time to survive or learnt it from a VERY young age, you will never be fluent.

WES
08-20-2018, 03:29 PM
I can understand most things most of the time. I lack confidence in speaking because I don't practise enough. Our kids are bilingual but I am not allowed to speak to them in Spanish as they have to learn the Spanish from their mum and English from me, not vice versa, that would be a disaster!

To be honest, unless you went to live there and had no option but to speak it 100% of the time to survive or learnt it from a VERY young age, you will never be fluent.

The retirement master plan is to move to a few cities, one in Spain and one in France, for at least two years for the very reason you mention. To integrate and become fluent.

Madrid and Lyon are at the top of the list. Vancouver as well.

Married with kids eh Marv? Been while mate. :-)

redgunamo
08-20-2018, 03:33 PM

Is it safe to google "jerk rice" :-(

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-21-2018, 09:45 AM

Did you see the Graun article saying white birds with fat arses were racists because they were culturally appropriating fat arses off black bints?

It makes their articles on stock cubes and BBQs being racist seem coherent in comparison.

Tony C
08-21-2018, 09:52 AM
^^^^^ loooooooooooooooool

I saw the one complaining about people using black emojis/ gifs / memes etc called digital blackfacing or something like that.

Sir C
08-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Did you see the Graun article saying white birds with fat arses were racists because they were culturally appropriating fat arses off black bints?

It makes their articles on stock cubes and BBQs being racist seem coherent in comparison.

I was thinking only recently that three of my favourite things are fat arses, fried chicken and watermelon. This shows me up to be an appalling cultural appropriator, racist and patriarchal oppressor, I suppose. :-(

We need to set up People's Courts where those denounced can be tried publicly, and those not yet denounced can self-declare their crimes.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
I was thinking only recently that three of my favourite things are fat arses, fried chicken and watermelon. This shows me up to be an appalling cultural appropriator, racist and patriarchal oppressor, I suppose. :-(

We need to set up People's Courts where those denounced can be tried publicly, and those not yet denounced can self-declare their crimes.

Well played c and don't forget, the most virulent punishments should await those who fail to self declare as they are nothing more than cowardly denialists.

Sir C
08-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Well played c and don't forget, the most virulent punishments should await those who fail to self declare as they are nothing more than cowardly denialists.

I am hoping to be noticed and decorated with the People's Medal For Sanctimonious Virtue by Our Jeremy :swoon:

Burney
08-21-2018, 10:46 AM
I am hoping to be noticed and decorated with the People's Medal For Sanctimonious Virtue by Our Jeremy :swoon:

McDonald’s do a sausage, cheese and egg bagel. It would be hard to think of a more crass example of cultural appropriation than that, breaking as it does not one, but two dietary laws.

I’m sure Dawn Butler will be right along to moan about this.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-21-2018, 10:52 AM
McDonald’s do a sausage, cheese and egg bagel. It would be hard to think of a more crass example of cultural appropriation than that, breaking as it does not one, but two dietary laws.

I’m sure Dawn Butler will be right along to moan about this.

Mercy me you're right. Pork in a bagel is the most naked and downright visceral statement of anti-semitism imaginable. I am disappointed with myself for failing to see this before. I will self flagellate immediately.

Sir C
08-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Mercy me you're right. Pork in a bagel is the most naked and downright visceral statement of anti-semitism imaginable. I am disappointed with myself for failing to see this before. I will self flagellate immediately.

Jewculture doesn’t count though. I mean, Israel, you know.

7sisters
08-21-2018, 10:58 AM

I’m not sure where all of those overseas Hotels stand with serving up a full English ? It’s all become so confusing

Burney
08-21-2018, 11:00 AM

:nod: And not just pork, but milk and meat. Leviticus is spinning in his grave, h.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-21-2018, 11:44 AM
It's amazing how ethnic National identity is now suddenly a thing to the cultural Marxist types....

Burney
08-21-2018, 11:53 AM
It's amazing how ethnic National identity is now suddenly a thing to the cultural Marxist types....

Always has been - as long as it's not anglo- or Jewish national identity, of course.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-24-2018, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltpuX6QIYA&feature=youtu.be