Burney
08-16-2018, 11:44 AM
R.I.P Mum :(

Spur's stadium woes have raised a small smile though

:-( Sorry to hear that, old chap.

PSRB
08-16-2018, 11:49 AM
:-( Sorry to hear that, old chap.

Thanks, B. She'd not been in a good way for over a year. Still fvcking **** though

Ash
08-16-2018, 11:50 AM

Condolences, PSRB. :-(

7sisters
08-16-2018, 11:57 AM

Condolences PSRB.

Sir C
08-16-2018, 12:05 PM

Very sorry, p.

It does get easier.

PSRB
08-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Very sorry, p.

It does get easier.

So I'm assured. Doesn't feel like it at the moment but hopefully a fortnight with family in Portugal will lift my spirits

Viva Prat Vegas
08-16-2018, 12:24 PM
:hug: PSRB

These parental losses always occur on the back of Sir C going to watch Wimbledon
Thankfully he only goes once every 20 years

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-16-2018, 12:30 PM

Very sorry to hear your news.

Sir C
08-16-2018, 12:32 PM
So I'm assured. Doesn't feel like it at the moment but hopefully a fortnight with family in Portugal will lift my spirits

It creeps up on you. After a while you realise you haven't thought about it for a few minutes, then an hour, then a few hours... It takes time buty you'll get there :thumbup:

IUFG
08-16-2018, 12:35 PM

condolences, psrb

barrybueno
08-16-2018, 12:40 PM

Very sad to hear, as C says below it will get easier over time. The old saying of time is the greatest healer really is true imo. What condition/illness did she have, if you don't mind me asking of course.

PSRB
08-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Very sad to hear, as C says below it will get easier over time. The old saying of time is the greatest healer really is true imo. What condition/illness did she have, if you don't mind me asking of course.

Had a severe stroke last May, paralysed down one side and couldn't speak. Always still smiled at me when I visited though and yes, she would happier now as she'd always said she didn't want to end up how she did.

Burney
08-16-2018, 12:51 PM
:hug: PSRB

These parental losses always occur on the back of Sir C going to watch Wimbledon
Thankfully he only goes once every 20 years

God, yes! The man’s a menace and must be stopped.

barrybueno
08-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Had a severe stroke last May, paralysed down one side and couldn't speak. Always still smiled at me when I visited though and yes, she would happier now as she'd always said she didn't want to end up how she did.

Blimey that's really sad. My dad was pretty much the same in the end although it was dementia that destroyed him. Not meaning to sound evil but in the end it was a relief when he finally shuffled off, not that I'd ever tell my sister that, she'd kill me!

Maravilloso Marvo
08-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Sorry to hear your news PSRB. I hope seeing the little 'uns enjoy themselves in Portugal is a positive distraction.

Luis Anaconda
08-16-2018, 02:41 PM

Sorry to hear about your mum, p.