PDA

View Full Version : Well this bridge collapse in Genoa looks immensely horrific

Burney
08-14-2018, 11:43 AM
At the slight risk of making this appalling tragedy all about me, convincing myself that this sort of thing doesn't happen is one of the few things that makes crossing the QEII Bridge at Dartford every morning anxiety-free. Bang goes that crumb of comfort. :-(

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/14/genoa-motorway-bridge-collapses-italy

Rich
08-14-2018, 12:19 PM
At the slight risk of making this appalling tragedy all about me, convincing myself that this sort of thing doesn't happen is one of the few things that makes crossing the QEII Bridge at Dartford every morning anxiety-free. Bang goes that crumb of comfort. :-(

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/14/genoa-motorway-bridge-collapses-italy

Ah yes, but our bridges are designed by British engineers and not idle Eyeties. There is your difference.

Pokster
08-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Ah yes, but our bridges are designed by British engineers and not idle Eyeties. There is your difference.

This famous British designer?? Dr. Ing Hellmut Homberg and Partner and Kvaerner Technology Limited. Cock, you, not him

Burney
08-14-2018, 01:08 PM
This famous British designer?? Dr. Ing Hellmut Homberg and Partner and Kvaerner Technology Limited. Cock, you, not him

True enough, but R's point stands with regard to the designer of the bridge in question, who was an eyetie by the name of Riccardo Morandi. Case closed imo :judge:

Pokster
08-14-2018, 01:09 PM
True enough, but R's point stands with regard to the designer of the bridge in question, who was an eyetie by the name of Riccardo Morandi. Case closed imo :judge:

It's taken 60 years for them to realise he couldn't design a bridge... my point still stands, Rich is a cock

Burney
08-14-2018, 01:14 PM
It's taken 60 years for them to realise he couldn't design a bridge... my point still stands, Rich is a cock

Your point may stand, p. The bridge, on the other hand, does not. :-(