PDA

View Full Version : New signings review

WES
08-13-2018, 08:57 AM
contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs - who appears to be a know nothing c*nt of the highest order - I thought the new signings who played all impressed.

Sokratis - looked like a good CB, certainly as good or better than anything else we have at the club now
Gwendoozi - mistakes, needs to learn but I loved him, looks like he will be a real addition to the club
Licksteiner - see Sokratis but a FB
Torreira - for the time he was on the pitch he looked very good, can imagine him and Gwen playing together for some time :cloud9:

The players who disappointed were already with us; can't think of a good thing to say about any of Mikkie, Ozil, Boomerang or Lacazette and as for Ramsey and Xhaka, less said the better, I think

Rich
08-13-2018, 09:16 AM
contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs - who appears to be a know nothing c*nt of the highest order - I thought the new signings who played all impressed.

Sokratis - looked like a good CB, certainly as good or better than anything else we have at the club now
Gwendoozi - mistakes, needs to learn but I loved him, looks like he will be a real addition to the club
Torreira - for the time he was on the pitch he looked very good, can imagine him and Gwen playing together for some time :cloud9:

The players who disappointed were already with us; can't think of a good thing to say about any of Mikkie, Ozil, Boomerang or Lacazette and as for Ramsey and Xhaka, less said the better, I think

Imagine how useless Leno must be to have been left on the bench in favour of Cech whose contributions included: Making no attempt to save Sterling's shot for the opener and then blaming defenders for being in the way. Very nearly passing the ball into his bottom corner when under no pressure at all.

:-(

WES
08-13-2018, 09:30 AM
Imagine how useless Leno must be to have been left on the bench in favour of Cech whose contributions included: Making no attempt to save Sterling's shot for the opener and then blaming defenders for being in the way. Very nearly passing the ball into his bottom corner when under no pressure at all.

:-(

:nod: not to mention an excellent save from Sterling (I think) and a double save off a free kick

If you watched that game Rich old bean and came away with the thought that Cech was our weak spot you might want to consider a new hobby etc etc

Rich
08-13-2018, 09:33 AM
:nod: not to mention an excellent save from Sterling (I think) and a double save off a free kick

If you watched that game Rich old bean and came away with the thought that Cech was our weak spot you might want to consider a new hobby etc etc

The free kick save should have been tipped around the post. In trying to hold the ball he very nearly pushed it into the path of one of their other attackers.

Still, we were always going to lose that game. Next up is Chelsea and that will be a much better gauge of where we really are.

IUFG
08-13-2018, 09:49 AM
...as for Ramsey and Xhaka, less said the better, I think

Those two were absolute shíte, imo.

and Ozil kept dipping his toes in their particular barrel of shíte too.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-13-2018, 09:50 AM

Lacazzette did ok when he came on. Oboomerang looks like he is about a month away from being match ready.

Just Trent
08-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Also saved the one on one with Aguero. Aguero, who found himself in on goal from the halfway line, with every Arsenal player inside the City half. It was like Arsene had never left :-\

IUFG
08-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Also saved the one on one with Aguero. Aguero, who found himself in on goal from the halfway line, with every Arsenal player inside the City half. It was like Arsene had never left :-\

tbf, Sideshow Bob made a complete fúcking mess of quite a simple ball.

And Aguero should have squared it to... KDB?

Just Trent
08-13-2018, 10:08 AM
tbf, Sideshow Bob made a complete fúcking mess of quite a simple ball.

And Aguero should have squared it to... KDB?

It was more the position of Sideshow Bob at the time of the mistake though. Both he and Ozil stood ten yards inside the City half with Aguero just lurking well behind them. It was almost as bad as Denilson and that pacey referee years ago

Viva Prat Vegas
08-13-2018, 10:13 AM
WESLEY "contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs"

The obese , deceased lawyer ?

7sisters
08-13-2018, 10:48 AM
WESLEY "contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs"

The obese , deceased lawyer ?

He represented a mate of mine, many years a go. He kept referring to him as, Yesil. Midnight Express was all the rage back then.

Tony C
08-13-2018, 11:11 AM

Pretty much the same for me.

Gwen & Torreria will be a formidable partnership.

Re: Lichsteiner - we been starved of world class quality at the back for so long that even him in his old age looks awesome at LB. Thanks Arsene...

Thought Mikkie was going to be subbed then Ramsey sent his pass to the invisible man and Unai flipped out.

Re Leno

I think he’s done the right thing with Leno. We don’t need another Richard Wright on our hands ie starts well, makes a couple of mistakes and then breaks down mentally. Let’s ease him into it.

WES
08-13-2018, 11:55 AM

Pretty much the same for me.

Gwen & Torreria will be a formidable partnership.

Re: Lichsteiner - we been starved of world class quality at the back for so long that even him in his old age looks awesome at LB. Thanks Arsene...

Thought Mikkie was going to be subbed then Ramsey sent his pass to the invisible man and Unai flipped out.

Re Leno

I think he’s done the right thing with Leno. We don’t need another Richard Wright on our hands ie starts well, makes a couple of mistakes and then breaks down mentally. Let’s ease him into it.

I seem to recall at least two frivolous flicks from the Welsher, neither of which came off. I can imagine Unai was in a state about both.

Which is possibly the best thing to come out of the match. We appear to have a manager - finally - who will hold the players accountable for their play, the substitutions suggest that is true.

IUFG
08-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Which is possibly the best thing to come out of the match. We appear to have a manager - finally - who will hold the players accountable for their play, the substitutions suggest that is true.

I reckon Ozil would have been next if the AMN substitution hadn't happened earlier.

Talking of rubbish, what a fine article this is...

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/felixstowe-seafront-rat-infestation-litter-1-5648826

"As bad as this was, it was still out-ranked by a used tampon I found on a street corner a few weeks ago."

:hehe:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-13-2018, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_-TacQM5c&feature=youtu.be

Tony C
08-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Lol Terminator