Burney
08-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Best day of the summer - always *

66-5 at lunch :(

You know it's raining, right?

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 08:29 AM
You know it's raining, right?

Ridiculous, b - it's gorgeous outside. Oh, wait - that's right, I don't live round the corner from Lord's anymore. How annoying

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Best day of the summer - always *

66-5 at lunch :(

Only in one hand, one bounce in the changing rooms

Pokster
08-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Ridiculous, b - it's gorgeous outside. Oh, wait - that's right, I don't live round the corner from Lord's anymore. How annoying

Lovely oopo Norf as well, soft southern shandy drinking ****e weather *******s

Burney
08-09-2018, 08:58 AM

Yes. On the plus side, of course, if play does get underway, our seamers will have a field day. I imagine Kohli's abandoned the idea of a second spinner.

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Yes. On the plus side, of course, if play does get underway, our seamers will have a field day. I imagine Kohli's abandoned the idea of a second spinner.
Hopefully so have we then - although I would rather Moeen played. Good toss to win then

Burney
08-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Hopefully so have we then - although I would rather Moeen played. Good toss to win then

Oh, if we won the toss I'd put them in like a shot. It's Lord's, it's warm, it's damp and there's cloud cover. Anderson should play merry hell with with the Indian top order.

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Oh, if we won the toss I'd put them in like a shot. It's Lord's, it's warm, it's damp and there's cloud cover. Anderson should play merry hell with with the Indian top order.
Conversely, if they put us in, they may emulate Mehmet Ali Ağca and get a very early shot at the Pope

Burney
08-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Conversely, if they put us in, they may emulate Mehmet Ali Ağca and get a very early shot at the Pope

I was just thinking whether there was a clerical cricket team to be had. Ollie Pope, Ian Bishop, Matt Prior. Any more?

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I was just thinking whether there was a clerical cricket team to be had. Ollie Pope, Ian Bishop, Matt Prior. Any more?

There was a John Nunn who played for Middlesex in the dim and distant past. If you just tweak it to religious connection you could probably fit the three Chappell brothers in there, surely and play it at the (Council of) Trent Bridge

Burney
08-09-2018, 09:51 AM
There was a John Nunn who played for Middlesex in the dim and distant past. If you just tweak it to religious connection you could probably fit the three Chappell brothers in there, surely and play it at the (Council of) Trent Bridge

Ooh, very good. Also, Kyle Abbott.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Lovely oopo Norf as well, soft southern shandy drinking ****e weather *******s

Craft beer drinking daan Saaf. None of this shandy ****

Pokster
08-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Ooh, very good. Also, Kyle Abbott.

Wasn't David Shephard an actual rev or something?

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Wasn't David Shephard an actual rev or something?
Bishop of Liverpool - not the DS who was an umpire though, a previous one

Ash
08-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Adam Gilchrist?

Burney
08-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Adam Gilchrist?

:hehe: Awwwww, look...! :clap:

Ash
08-09-2018, 11:31 AM
I suppose Alan Lamb is pushing it a bit but Harry Dean, once of Lancashire, is surely an early pick.

Ash
08-09-2018, 11:53 AM

Did I mention that on a recent visit to Highgate West Cemetery the tour included William Lillywhite, pioneer of roundarm bowling? The grave is very close to the gate at the top of the hill and the stone has the image of a ball clattering through the stumps. The old death rattle. Quite good, I thought.

redgunamo
08-09-2018, 08:08 PM

And Tom Parsons? He's even one of yours, isn't he?

Luis Anaconda
08-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Did I mention that on a recent visit to Highgate West Cemetery the tour included William Lillywhite, pioneer of roundarm bowling? The grave is very close to the gate at the top of the hill and the stone has the image of a ball clattering through the stumps. The old death rattle. Quite good, I thought.

Not too keen on the name but very interesting backstory

Ash
08-10-2018, 09:01 AM

Well, yes, there is that. Quite a cricketing dynasty, in fact, that family. And their sports shops too.

Burney
08-10-2018, 09:02 AM

His son founded the Lilywhites sports store in Piccadilly Circus.

Luis Anaconda
08-10-2018, 09:10 AM
His son founded the Lilywhites sports store in Piccadilly Circus.
Of course - used to get a lot of my cricket gear there