PDA

View Full Version : So the Dembele rumours continue to gather pace. £9mill loan fee with option to make

Rich
08-08-2018, 08:58 AM
permanent for £80million next summer. A good deal, I'd say?

Add to that:

- Minsilant bought Demebele to Dortmund.
- He had an excellent relationship on and off the pitch with Aubameyang.
- He was recently with his son at an Arsenal team BBQ.

Sir C
08-08-2018, 09:02 AM
permanent for £80million next summer. A good deal, I'd say?

Add to that:

- Minsilant bought Demebele to Dortmund.
- He had an excellent relationship on and off the pitch with Aubameyang.
- He was recently with his son at an Arsenal team BBQ.

Why are we buying players from Spurs? This is a nonsense.

Burney
08-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Why are we buying players from Spurs? This is a nonsense.

I don't know who or what Dembele is. Is he an Inside-forward? A wing half? What?

Sir C
08-08-2018, 09:11 AM
I don't know who or what Dembele is. Is he an Inside-forward? A wing half? What?

No idea. Plays for Tottenham, I believe, so I'm out.

Rich
08-08-2018, 09:13 AM
No idea. Plays for Tottenham, I believe, so I'm out.

He plays for Barcelona. The won fro the world cup. Think he was number 11.

Burney
08-08-2018, 09:16 AM

I didn't notice him. Why is there all this fuss about him all of a sudden?

Ash
08-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Barcelona played in the world cup?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Tony C
08-08-2018, 09:21 AM
He’s the French Theo Walcott

Flip it around...it’s like us trying to cut losses on Theo after a couple of seasons rather the decade plus he was here.

https://youtu.be/kED_GfcZiXw

Sir C
08-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Barcelona played in the world cup?

Curiouser and curiouser.

I've looked him up. It's a different bloke. Some gormless-looking Frog. Barcelona bought him last year for about a billion quid, and now want to offload him onto us.

Even without the Spurs connection, the whole thing sounds like a pig's ear.

Burney
08-08-2018, 09:24 AM
I've looked him up. It's a different bloke. Some gormless-looking Frog. Barcelona bought him last year for about a billion quid, and now want to offload him onto us.

Even without the Spurs connection, the whole thing sounds like a pig's ear.

He sounds like the new Ruel Fox to me. :-(

Tony C
08-08-2018, 09:24 AM
By the way...I’m not sure how to interpret this clip.

If it was a horse race I would be most keen on backing Walker to beat him over a longer distance.

He also had to waste time turning and gave Dembele a head start but still managed to get back up to him.

Or did I overthink that and French Theo really is that quick?

Also I thought you couldn’t leave and renter the field of play without the refs permission?

Burney
08-08-2018, 09:35 AM
By the way...I’m not sure how to interpret this clip.

If it was a horse race I would be most keen on backing Walker to beat him over a longer distance.

He also had to waste time turning and gave Dembele a head start but still managed to get back up to him.

Or did I overthink that and French Theo really is that quick?

Also I thought you couldn’t leave and renter the field of play without the refs permission?

To be honest, what I took from it is that the useless **** can't even make a simple pass. :-(

EMERY OUT!!!!

7sisters
08-08-2018, 11:11 AM
To be honest, what I took from it is that the useless **** can't even make a simple pass. :-(

EMERY OUT!!!!

I see it the same way. Headless chicken approach. Pace without technique. Another reason why Usain Bolt will never be taken seriously by a top club, in spite of the fella's lofty ambition.

Pokster
08-08-2018, 11:30 AM
I see it the same way. Headless chicken approach. Pace without technique. Another reason why Usain Bolt will never be taken seriously by a top club, in spite of the fella's lofty ambition.

I should also imagine the fact he is old and has never run more than 400 metres would also count against him

7sisters
08-08-2018, 11:51 AM
I should also imagine the fact he is old and has never run more than 400 metres would also count against him

I'm not sure at 31, if he can yet be considered, past it but I take your point. It got me thinking about players with great pace who could actually apply genuine ball skill alongside blistering speed. Henry, of course and Overmars too had his moments.

Pokster
08-08-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure at 31, if he can yet be considered, past it but I take your point. It got me thinking about players with great pace who could actually apply genuine ball skill alongside blistering speed. Henry, of course and Overmars too had his moments.

The fact they had been training daily to be professional footballers, while UB has been training to run all his life won't exactly help him.... would be a gimic for any club to sign him

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2018, 12:02 PM
This lad was seriously quick with the ball at his feet - took some stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FHqWXllX4#t=0m25s

And can't believe you didn't mention Glenn Helder

Tony C
08-08-2018, 12:04 PM
That would be classed as assault in today’s game imo

Tony C
08-08-2018, 12:06 PM
How about the Croatian chap Vida at centre half?

My only concern is whether or not Peter Reid visited Croatia 28 years ago...spitting image

Burney
08-08-2018, 12:06 PM
This lad was seriously quick with the ball at his feet - took some stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FHqWXllX4#t=0m25s

And can't believe you didn't mention Glenn Helder

:hehe: The thing that makes me laugh about that even now is the two attempted vicious assaults before Massing eventually savages him. Cameroon really were the best thing about that World Cup, bless ‘em.

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2018, 12:07 PM

We pretty much thought that then, too, c but Cameroon were plucky underdogs and Argies were nasty so we let it go. Still one of the greatest games of all time

Burney
08-08-2018, 12:07 PM
How about the Croatian chap Vida at centre half?

My only concern is whether or not Peter Reid visited Croatia 28 years ago...spitting image

Nah. I think he had a PG Tips advert to do that day.

7sisters
08-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Of course, being Argentinian was a key factor in making it one of the games true comedy moments.