PDA

View Full Version : Cor. The Arsenal twittertypes are awfully upset about Kroenke

Sir C
08-07-2018, 08:13 AM
buying Usmanov's shares. This tweet caught my eye as being particularly remarkable. I checked, and the author is an adult - we assume capable of earning enough of a living to buy a computer or smartphone...

"This man has money to buy Usmanovs shares but won't put in the £150m we need to take us to a higher level. Stan Kroenke you are the worst thing that ever happened to our club. KROENKE OUT"

Imagine falling into conversation with someone in a bar who said this. Where would you start? Would you try reasoning, or would that provoke spittle-flecked invective? Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

*It's a while since I've been to a pub.

Burney
08-07-2018, 08:21 AM
buying Usmanov's shares. This tweet caught my eye as being particularly remarkable. I checked, and the author is an adult - we assume capable of earning enough of a living to buy a computer or smartphone...

"This man has money to buy Usmanovs shares but won't put in the £150m we need to take us to a higher level. Stan Kroenke you are the worst thing that ever happened to our club. KROENKE OUT"

Imagine falling into conversation with someone in a bar who said this. Where would you start? Would you try reasoning, or would that provoke spittle-flecked invective? Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

I miss pubs having lounge bars and public bars. The bantz was always better in the public bar, but the flipside of that was a better chance of getting punched.

I also miss people ordering weird beer combinations like a pint of mild and bitter, light and bitter or - in the case of Youngs pubs - a pint of Ram and Spesh (which was a bottle of Ramrod topped up with Young's Special strong ale). I shudder to think what these combinations used to do to the innards of the old men who ordered them.

Sir C
08-07-2018, 08:24 AM
I miss pubs having lounge bars and public bars. The bantz was always better in the public bar, but the flipside of that was a better chance of getting punched.

I also miss people ordering weird beer combinations like a pint of mild and bitter, light and bitter or - in the case of Youngs pubs - a pint of Ram and Spesh (which was a bottle of Ramrod topped up with Young's Special strong ale). I shudder to think what these combinations used to do to the innards of the old men who ordered them.

I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.

Burney
08-07-2018, 08:33 AM
I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.

There were hazards to be negotiated as a young barperson. I remember a chap who always drank White Shield Worthington, which is a very fine bottled ale, but throws a sediment. Did anyone think to warn me of this before pouring it? Did they fúck. :-(

The Insider
08-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Can, I get this in before the vocal Twittering ****s get really going...

This is great news! Stan may be google-eyd moonfaced freak with the personality of a amoeba, but he has cash lots of lovely cash. I have checked this with very good sources and also found out that he has only been holding back as he hates his Uzbek 'partner' and wouldn't fully invest until we were shot of him. He will now. He alsohas a good record of supporting the clubs that he owns.

It may mean that we are never going to become a club owned in what evr way those foaming radid idiots on FanTv would like, (whatever upotian ****e that is), but it will mean that we can compete financially with Chelsea and City, let alone start to kick those N17 ne'er do wells back down the seven Sisters Raod where they can rot if thier half empty extended senmi detatched **** hole.

Oh and we might get to win th eLeague again, remember that!!

Rant over

Sir C
08-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Can, I get this in before the vocal Twittering ****s get really going...

This is great news! Stan may be google-eyd moonfaced freak with the personality of a amoeba, but he has cash lots of lovely cash. I have checked this with very good sources and also found out that he has only been holding back as he hates his Uzbek 'partner' and wouldn't fully invest until we were shot of him. He will now. He alsohas a good record of supporting the clubs that he owns.

It may mean that we are never going to become a club owned in what evr way those foaming radid idiots on FanTv would like, (whatever upotian ****e that is), but it will mean that we can compete financially with Chelsea and City, let alone start to kick those N17 ne'er do wells back down the seven Sisters Raod where they can rot if thier half empty extended senmi detatched **** hole.

Oh and we might get to win th eLeague again, remember that!!

Rant over

I thought he was famous for not putting money into his franchises?

Isn't it better if we're self-supporting?

The Insider
08-07-2018, 08:56 AM
I thought he was famous for not putting money into his franchises?

Isn't it better if we're self-supporting?

No, only held back by various US Sport investment laws etc.

Not sure what you mean by self-supporting in a football sense. No=one is self supporting these days, it is just a question of whether you want your trophy aspirations to match Chelsea's or Fulham's!

Sir C
08-07-2018, 08:59 AM
No, only held back by various US Sport investment laws etc.

Not sure what you mean by self-supporting in a football sense. No=one is self supporting these days, it is just a question of whether you want your trophy aspirations to match Chelsea's or Fulham's!

If sharing Chelsea's 'trophy aspirations' means winning on the basis of whichchairman has the biggest wallet, I'll go with Fulham, please.

The Insider
08-07-2018, 09:15 AM
If sharing Chelsea's 'trophy aspirations' means winning on the basis of whichchairman has the biggest wallet, I'll go with Fulham, please.

No, don't become one of them! People our age should stiuck tgether.

No hidden meaning what so ever.

A simple question with no HA.

Do you want to win things or not?

Sir C
08-07-2018, 09:20 AM
No, don't become one of them! People our age should stiuck tgether.

No hidden meaning what so ever.

A simple question with no HA.

Do you want to win things or not?

It may be a simple question, but the answer isn't necessarily so.

Yes, I want to win things. Wining things generally requires buying expensive players. I'm happy with that, if we, as an organisation, are operating in a laudable fashion, generating our income and spending it wisely. Chucking free money around willy-nilly is so hideously vulgar, don't you think? :-(

Be qassured though, ti, that I shall never become one of them. NTTAWWI, obviously.

Tony C
08-07-2018, 12:25 PM
https://youtu.be/UVoSw5aSdN0

Lol rant

Sir C
08-07-2018, 12:31 PM
https://youtu.be/UVoSw5aSdN0

Lol rant

Is that man mentally ill?

Tony C
08-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Basically...It’s terrible...kronke out...protests....wait hang on...he’s signing Dembele so it’s okay :cloud9: Sir Stan in!

The Insider
08-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Basically...It’s terrible...kronke out...protests....wait hang on...he’s signing Dembele so it’s okay :cloud9: Sir Stan in!

Really not sure what AST or AISA or whoever are on about. The fans have never had a real voice and clubs are already businesses. All purchases in business are leveraged, just like your mortgage, and in this case we are not the guarantor let alone the loanee.

Surely with a new manager, a replenished squad and a new owner all at the start of a brand new season, we should all just get behind the team and give the new set up time.

Unless, of course, you just want to be seen as some Twitter warrior who is first to comment on anything and everything and the more stupid and reactionary your knee-jerk comments are, the better......

Sir C
08-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Really not sure what AST or AISA or whoever are on about. The fans have never had a real voice and clubs are already businesses. All purchases in business are leveraged, just like your mortgage, and in this case we are not the guarantor let alone the loanee.

Surely with a new manager, a replenished squad and a new owner all at the start of a brand new season, we should all just get behind the team and give the new set up time.

Unless, of course, you just want to be seen as some Twitter warrior who is first to comment on anything and everything and the more stupid and reactionary your knee-jerk comments are, the better......

I was listening to thon Arseblog fellow. Andrew, Irish fella. Seems a decent chap. I think he's posted here in the past :wave:

Anyway, there he was the other day, discussing pre-season and the start of the new season and... well, frankly, moaning about everything. The rumours of Gazidis moving, for example, demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the way the club is run. (Not that anything's actually happened with Gazidis, but Arsenal supporters don't actually need anything to happen before they begin moaning.) The defence is no good, Ramsey's off, everything's shít, man.

It quite put me off looking forward to a new season.

barrybueno
08-07-2018, 03:21 PM

This is a joyful read for anyone who's feeling a bit too happy today>

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/07/stan-kroenke-arsenal-football-fans

The Insider
08-07-2018, 03:29 PM
This is a joyful read for anyone who's feeling a bit too happy today>

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/07/stan-kroenke-arsenal-football-fans

It's in the Guardian and therefore by definition, it is scaremongering, ill-informed, lefty ****e. It is so full of ifs and buts that it looks like a pre-Brexit Project Fear article.

As an additional point, one definite winner here will be Everton as that's where the Uzbek's money will go now. With full board rights alonside his mate. Also good, as it will massively **** off the self-rightous murdering scum in the Red part of the City.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-07-2018, 03:37 PM

Perhaps this person is just not very good at expressing his disappointment in Kronke taking full control of Arsenal :shrug:

Burney
08-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Perhaps this person is just not very good at expressing his disappointment in Kronke taking full control of Arsenal :shrug:

But didn't exactly the same people all want Usmanov to take full control of Arsenal a while ago? :shrug: What's the difference?

Sir C
08-07-2018, 03:42 PM
It's in the Guardian and therefore by definition, it is scaremongering, ill-informed, lefty ****e. It is so full of ifs and buts that it looks like a pre-Brexit Project Fear article.

As an additional point, one definite winner here will be Everton as that's where the Uzbek's money will go now. With full board rights alonside his mate. Also good, as it will massively **** off the self-rightous murdering scum in the Red part of the City.

Sound fellow, ti.

barrybueno
08-07-2018, 03:52 PM

Well if you're promising that Everton will do a Man City and completely overtake their illustrious neighbours and give all their ****ish fans nightmares then booyah!

AFC East
08-07-2018, 03:52 PM
I was listening to thon Arseblog fellow. Andrew, Irish fella. Seems a decent chap. I think he's posted here in the past :wave:

Anyway, there he was the other day, discussing pre-season and the start of the new season and... well, frankly, moaning about everything. The rumours of Gazidis moving, for example, demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the way the club is run. (Not that anything's actually happened with Gazidis, but Arsenal supporters don't actually need anything to happen before they begin moaning.) The defence is no good, Ramsey's off, everything's shít, man.

It quite put me off looking forward to a new season.

Haven't you realised yet that all people do is moan? Arseblog makes a living out of (entertaining) moaning. Good for him.

I'm with you by the way, I don't want to win at all costs. Chelsea have won quite a bit, would we want to be Chelsea?

Sir C
08-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Haven't you realised yet that all people do is moan? Arseblog makes a living out of (entertaining) moaning. Good for him.

I'm with you by the way, I don't want to win at all costs. Chelsea have won quite a bit, would we want to be Chelsea?

Quite so. One can have grudging respect for United; they have won a lot in their time because they were grown to be a huge club with an enormous, lucrative fan base. You can't argue with that.

AFC East
08-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Quite so. One can have grudging respect for United; they have won a lot in their time because they were grown to be a huge club with an enormous, lucrative fan base. You can't argue with that.

True, but of course being Man U, the emphasis will always be on the word grudging.

Ash
08-07-2018, 05:07 PM

It's Andrew Mangan, Mr Arseblog, not a Guardian hack. I've no idea what will happen under Stan's full control. He may well take money out, and that would be a genuine concern. Until then my pitchfork will remain in the barn.

Except we won't know if he takes money out, as he is the full owner who can do what he likes, and as every pro-Capitalist will tell you, he is quite entitled to shut the club down if he could build sufficiently high and lucrative blocks of flats on the smoking ruin of Ashburton Grove - if he choses.

Maybe now he's the sole owner he'll pump money in, finding a way to avoid whatever fair play rules are still in place. Can't see that happening, tbh.

Or Maybe Hill-Wood was right. "We don't need his sort".

IUFG
08-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

Mackesons is awfully pìss weak, isn't it?

Just flown from Dubai to Prague. The difference in alcohol prices is something to truly behold :cloud9: but why is Urquell almost twice the price of imported beers? It's absolutely fùcking shìte.

Anyway, this Usmanov out / Kroenke fully in thing doesn't sound that promising, does it?

That said, if it pìsses off Timmy and the AST that can't be all bad.

redgunamo
08-07-2018, 11:06 PM
It's Andrew Mangan, Mr Arseblog, not a Guardian hack. I've no idea what will happen under Stan's full control. He may well take money out, and that would be a genuine concern. Until then my pitchfork will remain in the barn.

Except we won't know if he takes money out, as he is the full owner who can do what he likes, and as every pro-Capitalist will tell you, he is quite entitled to shut the club down if he could build sufficiently high and lucrative blocks of flats on the smoking ruin of Ashburton Grove - if he choses.

Maybe now he's the sole owner he'll pump money in, finding a way to avoid whatever fair play rules are still in place. Can't see that happening, tbh.

Or Maybe Hill-Wood was right. "We don't need his sort".

No, dear old PHW was wrong; we do need his sort. Or, anyway, your sort needs his sort. You know, to pay for your Arsene Wengers and your Mesut Özils and all that fancy foreign fanny-dancing malarkey; Champions League every season, splendid new stadium.

No more of your Paul Mersons, your Ian Wrights or your Lee Dixons lumping it up the pitch in a crumbly old relic of a ground.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-08-2018, 06:25 AM
But didn't exactly the same people all want Usmanov to take full control of Arsenal a while ago? :shrug: What's the difference?

The illusion that Usmanov was going to pump money in.

Ash
08-08-2018, 01:50 PM
No, dear old PHW was wrong; we do need his sort. Or, anyway, your sort needs his sort. You know, to pay for your Arsene Wengers and your Mesut Özils and all that fancy foreign fanny-dancing malarkey; Champions League every season, splendid new stadium.

No more of your Paul Mersons, your Ian Wrights or your Lee Dixons lumping it up the pitch in a crumbly old relic of a ground.

You're always blaming me. :cry:

Anyway, I thought you approved of the custodian model. :sniffle:

eastgermanautos
08-08-2018, 04:54 PM

In truth Kroenke has been doing better of late. The LA Rams, for example; exciting team. They went with a young hotshot coach, got an underperforming quarterback to turn it around, while also having an outstanding defense. Contenders for the super bowl this year, the pundints say.

redgunamo
08-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Only because I know you know I don't really mean you :-)

And, I'm a married man with four sons, of course I loved the custodian model; all these billionaire owners and oligarchs and whatnot are costing me an absolute fortune!

The new shirts are very nice though and will be, no doubt, even nicer next season once Adidas are in charge of them again :-| #kronkout

Ash
08-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Only because I know you know I don't really mean you :-)

And, I'm a married man with four sons, of course I loved the custodian model; all these billionaire owners and oligarchs and whatnot are costing me an absolute fortune!

The new shirts are very nice though and will be, no doubt, even nicer next season once Adidas are in charge of them again :-| #kronkout

You spoil 'em imo. No that it's any of my business, of course, but when I were a lad all I got all childhood was one knock-off Arsenal shirt from Woolwich market with the badge sewn onto a naff patch that went pink in the wash. And another fake England shirt in the classic Admiral red-and-blue stripes down the sleeves. :MalcolmMacdonald:

At least the Arsenal jersey was cotton, tbf.

Monty92
08-09-2018, 09:58 AM
You spoil 'em imo. No that it's any of my business, of course, but when I were a lad all I got all childhood was one knock-off Arsenal shirt from Woolwich market with the badge sewn onto a naff patch that went pink in the wash. And another fake England shirt in the classic Admiral red-and-blue stripes down the sleeves. :MalcolmMacdonald:

This is a good point. Redgunamo likes to depict himself as a relic of the old-school of parenting, while the rest of us supposedly cave in to every demand from our indulgent, entitled, mollycoddled children. Yet he spends large amounts of time whining about "having to" buy the latest Arsenal gear for his kids :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2018, 11:11 AM
This is a good point. Redgunamo likes to depict himself as a relic of the old-school of parenting, while the rest of us supposedly cave in to every demand from our indulgent, entitled, mollycoddled children. Yet he spends large amounts of time whining about "having to" buy the latest Arsenal gear for his kids :shrug:

I don't think he is whining - he just realises he has to do it so he can spend time with his proper children, the hounds

redgunamo
08-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Yeah, but your dad hated you, you said; anyway, wished you'd never been born. Different matter entirely. Ordinarily, your supposed to spoil your kids, that's what they're for. That doesn't make them bad people.

Edit: *You're*

redgunamo
08-09-2018, 08:13 PM

No, I suggested you caved to every demand from your indulgent, entitled, mollycoddled selves, to the detriment of your children. That is something quite different.

redgunamo
08-09-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't think he is whining - he just realises he has to do it so he can spend time with his proper children, the hounds

Precisely. Just so.

Ash
08-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Yeah, but your dad hated you, you said; anyway, wished you'd never been born. Different matter entirely. Ordinarily, your supposed to spoil your kids, that's what they're for. That doesn't make them bad people.

Edit: *You're*

I didn't say that, and he didn't hate me for being born. It wasn't personal at all. Just a bad business decision, as it were.

redgunamo
08-10-2018, 09:38 AM
I didn't say that, and he didn't hate me for being born. It wasn't personal at all. Just a bad business decision, as it were.

Same difference, imo. The whole point of the business is your kids.