PDA

View Full Version : Hard to read the Appeal Court's criticism of the judge who banged Tommy Robinson up

Burney
08-01-2018, 01:29 PM
and not conclude that his extraordinary actions were motivated by something other than the desire to see a fair trial. :rubchin:

For the reasons we have given, we are satisfied that the decision at Leeds Crown Court
to proceed to committal to prison so promptly and without due regard for Part 48 of the
Rules gave rise to unfairness. There was no clarity about what parts of the video were
relied upon as amounting to contempt, what parts the appellant accepted through his
counsel amounted to contempt and for what conduct he was sentenced. Indeed, we
would emphasise that, save for those cases involving obstructive, disruptive, insulting
or intimidating conduct in the courtroom or its vicinity or otherwise immediately
affecting the proceedings, the judge, having taken such steps as are necessary to bring
the misconduct to an end and mitigate its consequences, should usually resist the
temptation to initiate contempt proceedings on his or her own motion. In the
circumstances of this case, whilst the judge was entitled to deal with the contempt
himself, the urgency went out of the matter when the appellant agreed to take down the
video from Facebook. There should have been an adjournment to enable the particulars
of contempt to be properly formulated and for a hearing at a more measured pace, as
had happened in Canterbury. The judge might have referred the matter to the Attorney
General to consider whether to institute proceedings. That course would have avoided
the risk of sacrificing fairness on the altar of celerity.
84. Even in those cases in which a summary determination is appropriate, whether
immediate or delayed, care must be taken to apply Part 48 of the Rules.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:33 PM
and not conclude that his extraordinary actions were motivated by something other than the desire to see a fair trial. :rubchin:

That's pretty strong. If Robinson has the resources to fight this aggressively and publicly, it could easily be the start of the far right having a proper hero upon whom to focus.

So long as he doesn't start s****ing about in footer bags.

7sisters
08-01-2018, 01:37 PM
So, altogether then... 'sing if you're glad to be gay, Sing if you're happy that way, hey'

SWv2
08-01-2018, 01:40 PM
I think he should have kept his original name.

Made him stand out more.

Burney
08-01-2018, 01:44 PM
That's pretty strong. If Robinson has the resources to fight this aggressively and publicly, it could easily be the start of the far right having a proper hero upon whom to focus.

So long as he doesn't start s****ing about in footer bags.

That's already happening. There can be no doubt for anyone who's actually looked into Robinson's case that he has been subjected to an extraordinary and quite frightening campaign of state persecution over a number of years. You don't have to like or agree with him to find what has been done to him deeply worrying.

He also throws a decent right hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Xwb1ZhoDk&has_verified=1

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:48 PM
That's already happening. There can be no doubt for anyone who's actually looked into Robinson's case that he has been subjected to an extraordinary and quite frightening campaign of state persecution over a number of years. You don't have to like or agree with him to find what has been done to him deeply worrying.

Nice hit. Right on the jawline. Perfectly timed.

I know nothing of the chap save the obvious twitter screeching of fascist, so I don't know if he's an evil Nazi or a misunderstood centrist, but either way: he can throw a punch. Respect.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 01:51 PM

I know nothing of the chap save the obvious twitter screeching of fascist, so I don't know if he's an evil Nazi or a misunderstood centrist, but either way: he can throw a punch. Respect.
Well he had a fair bit of practice on his wife

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:52 PM

Boycott type, is he? A cricketer as well, I'd wager? They seem the sort to beat women.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Boycott type, is he? A cricketer as well, I'd wager? They seem the sort to beat women.
Our cricketers are currrently ably demonstrating that they couldn't hot a cow's arse with a banjo tbf

Burney
08-01-2018, 01:55 PM

You ought to find out more. It will worry you.

Burney
08-01-2018, 01:57 PM

That's a lie, la. Made up entirely by hard left antifa types. If you can find one credible source for it, please do so.

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:58 PM

As I say, police state. Once you have been on the wrong end of it you never look at any of it in the same way.

Deeply worrying.

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:58 PM
That's a lie, la. Made up entirely by hard left antifa types. If you can find one credible source for it, please do so.

Fake news!

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:00 PM
You ought to find out more. It will worry you.

The trouble is, he looks a bit common. :-(

Pokster
08-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Our cricketers are currrently ably demonstrating that they couldn't hot a cow's arse with a banjo tbf

2 Yorkshiremen in on Yorkshire day... all is OK in the world

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:02 PM
As I say, police state. Once you have been on the wrong end of it you never look at any of it in the same way.

Deeply worrying.

:nod: Centuries of individual liberty p1ssed away because a few lefties think it's more important to kiss the arses of deviants and foreigners. :-(

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:03 PM
:nod: Centuries of individual liberty p1ssed away because a few lefties think it's more important to kiss the arses of deviants and foreigners. :-(

That nice Mr Blair fúcked us from ársehole to breakfast time, he really did :-(

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:03 PM
The trouble is, he looks a bit common. :-(

He is common. Poor fvcker's from Luton, ffs! You can't hold a chap's upbringing against him, though.

Unless he's foreign, of course. In which case you must.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:05 PM
That nice Mr Blair fúcked us from ársehole to breakfast time, he really did :-(

Yup. Certainly the worst PM of my lifetime and - St Maggie aside, of course - that is a crowded field of cvnts.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Yup. Certainly the worst PM of my lifetime and - St Maggie aside, of course - that is a crowded field of cvnts.

I suppose you missed out on Wilson and Heath? Hard to choose ebtween that pair of halfwits.

Peter
08-01-2018, 02:09 PM

Swings and roundabouts isnt it. Thatcher wanted her police force to focus on persecuting the poor and the black. THis is payback.

Either way, its a police state and someone is getting ****ed.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I suppose you missed out on Wilson and Heath? Hard to choose ebtween that pair of halfwits.

I think Heath may have snuck under the wire for me, actually. In which case I'd have to include him for the whole Europe thing. But I don't think even that has done as much long-term damage to the fabric of this country and its institutions than Blair.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Swings and roundabouts isnt it. Thatcher wanted her police force to focus on persecuting the poor and the black. THis is payback.

Either way, its a police state and someone is getting ****ed.

The difference is that the poor and the black were and are where most of the crime comes from, p.

If it isn't the job of the police to persecute criminals, what is the point of them?

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:13 PM
I think Heath may have snuck under the wire for me, actually. In which case I'd have to include him for the whole Europe thing. But I don't think even that has done as much long-term damage to the fabric of this country and its institutions than Blair.

Let us not forget Comrade Cameron deciding that it is reasonable for a man to marry a man.

Immoral lunacy. How much further will we anger God before the Flood comes?

AFC East
08-01-2018, 02:14 PM

The below the line comments are the real fun part. He might be a decent, egalitarian type of bloke, but he does seem to attract a disturbing bunch of followers.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Let us not forget Comrade Cameron deciding that it is reasonable for a man to marry a man.

Immoral lunacy. How much further will we anger God before the Flood comes?

My father is still bizarrely furious about that. I must say I found his late-in-life conversion to the sanctity of the marriage vows rather surprising, to say the least. :hehe:

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:18 PM
The below the line comments are the real fun part. He might be a decent, egalitarian type of bloke, but he does seem to attract a disturbing bunch of followers.

:nono: Solid, unsophisticated, yeoman types, afce. Sort of chaps who'd have stood in a square at Waterloo.

Scum of the earth, obviously, but single men in barracks don't grow into plaster saints and all that.

AFC East
08-01-2018, 02:27 PM
:nono: Solid, unsophisticated, yeoman types, afce. Sort of chaps who'd have stood in a square at Waterloo.

Scum of the earth, obviously, but single men in barracks don't grow into plaster saints and all that.

Indeed. I was taken by the general level of their spelling and grammar. Most of them could teach Trump a thing or two.

Peter
08-01-2018, 02:28 PM
The difference is that the poor and the black were and are where most of the crime comes from, p.

If it isn't the job of the police to persecute criminals, what is the point of them?

To keep the peace and protect rich people's property.

And to provide employment for the hopelessly stupid.

Peter
08-01-2018, 02:29 PM

I do hope they were only forming square to receive cavalry, b.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:37 PM
I do hope they were only forming square to receive cavalry, b.

Naturally, p. While being pounded by artillery, of course, poor sods.

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:38 PM
To keep the peace and protect rich people's property

Exactly. Both of which are most effectively achieved by persecuting the poor and black.

Peter
08-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Exactly. Both of which are most effectively achieved by persecuting the poor and black.

THere is a significant difference between purpose and method.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 03:44 PM
2 Yorkshiremen in on Yorkshire day... all is OK in the world

And as ever when Yorkshire people are involved it ends in a disagreement. Stupid ****ing idiots

Burney
08-01-2018, 03:47 PM
And as ever when Yorkshire people are involved it ends in a disagreement. Stupid ****ing idiots

Impressive the sheer number of ways in which Root is now managing to avoid scoring a test hundred.

Peter
08-01-2018, 03:49 PM
and as ever when yorkshire people are involved it ends in a disagreement. Stupid ****ing idiots

ffs!!! :(:(

Burney
08-01-2018, 03:57 PM
ffs!!! :(:(

Bairstow now. Thick, yorkie cvnts. :furious:

Peter
08-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Bairstow now. Thick, yorkie cvnts. :furious:

That is a ****ing awful shot.

THis team just doesnt seem to have any mental discipline at all.

Burney
08-01-2018, 04:11 PM
That is a ****ing awful shot.

THis team just doesnt seem to have any mental discipline at all.

People don't know how to do test batting anymore, p.

They're about to get out for less than 300 on a 500 wicket. :shakehead: