PDA

View Full Version : Surely 'decent' Labour MPs and party members can

Sir C
08-01-2018, 10:47 AM
stand no more of Corbyn's cesspit? Surely the party must split now? Are they simply going to wait to be de-selected? The problem, of course, is that each day they remain in situ they are morally tainted by the antics of the vile far Left.

Burney
08-01-2018, 10:55 AM
stand no more of Corbyn's cesspit? Surely the party must split now? Are they simply going to wait to be de-selected? The problem, of course, is that each day they remain in situ they are morally tainted by the antics of the vile far Left.

On the one hand, I can understand them not wanting to just hand over the Party that they (for God knows what reason) love and value to a bunch of hardline communists, anti-semites, Islamist fellow travellers and idiot rich kids playing at radicalism. On the other hand, they must see that their position becomes more morally untenable every day and that the only choice they have in the long term is between jumping and being pushed.

Peter
08-01-2018, 10:59 AM
On the one hand, I can understand them not wanting to just hand over the Party that they (for God knows what reason) love and value to a bunch of hardline communists, anti-semites, Islamist fellow travellers and idiot rich kids playing at radicalism. On the other hand, they must see that their position becomes more morally untenable every day and that the only choice they have in the long term is between jumping and being pushed.

Its a fight for the soul of the party. The bad guys are winning.

Burney
08-01-2018, 11:02 AM

They're all bad guys, p. :-)

However, I can't see a way the 'good guys' can come back. The hard left now controls all the levers of power save the PLP. And the PLP by its nature is subject to change every few years and is vulnerable to deselection.

7sisters
08-01-2018, 11:23 AM

I find it odd that a party who should be exercising simple tap ins, courtesy of possibly the weakest Tory party for generations continues to miss out on such a rich seam of opportunity. :shrug:

Burney
08-01-2018, 11:33 AM
I find it odd that a party who should be exercising simple tap ins, courtesy of possibly the weakest Tory party for generations continues to miss out on such a rich seam of opportunity. :shrug:

Uniquely, the two parties are both struggling with their respective betes noires at the same time. For the tories, it's Europe, but for Labour it's the death struggle between the left and right wings of the party. This means that the two parties are basically paralysed in terms of effectiveness.

WES
08-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Is there a simple explanation as to how this happened? How did the far left gain control of what was a centrist party for many years?

I think Milliband changed some rules about who can join or summat? I never really followed it back then.

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Is there a simple explanation as to how this happened? How did the far left gain control of what was a centrist party for many years?

I think Milliband changed some rules about who can join or summat? I never really followed it back then.

Because some prick changed the rules as to how leaders are elected. Instead of an electoral college which weighted the PLP, the unions and the membership at one third each they changed it to a flat one member one vote. This means some beardy **** who has just walked in off the street has as big a say in the leadership election as any Labour MP.

It wasn't Ed himself that changed the rules but I think he was largely responsible for triggering the review that proposed the change.

So now 100,000 beardy ****s join up just before a leadership election and vote in another beardy ****. The party is effectively ****ed.

Burney Would probably argue that it is democracy at work and that the PLP has forced a centrist leadership on a grass roots left wing party for a century. He would also piss himself laughing at what an utter mess it is :(

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:10 PM
They're all bad guys, p. :-)

However, I can't see a way the 'good guys' can come back. The hard left now controls all the levers of power save the PLP. And the PLP by its nature is subject to change every few years and is vulnerable to deselection.

Well, yes.... the Westminster swamp and all that. Lets say the worst guys are winning.

THe issue is that the PLP is powerless to select or oust its leadership. Gradually, through resignation, departure and deselection the leadership will get the PLP it wants. Gradually, this PLP will get smaller and smaller until some clever **** works out a way to change the ****ing leadership election rules!

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Because some prick changed the rules as to how leaders are elected. Instead of an electoral college which weighted the PLP, the unions and the membership at one third each they changed it to a flat one member one vote. This means some beardy **** who has just walked in off the street has as big a say in the leadership election as any Labour MP.

It wasn't Ed himself that changed the rules but I think he was largely responsible for triggering the review that proposed the change.

So now 100,000 beardy ****s join up just before a leadership election and vote in another beardy ****. The party is effectively ****ed.

Burney Would probably argue that it is democracy at work and that the PLP has forced a centrist leadership on a grass roots left wing party for a century. He would also piss himself laughing at what an utter mess it is :(

Don't forget the many Tories who paid their 3 quid to vote for Corbyn to ensure the destruction of the Labour party once and for all.

:clap: At least, I think :clap: is appropriate...

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Don't forget the many Tories who paid their 3 quid to vote for Corbyn to ensure the destruction of the Labour party once and for all.

3 ****ing quid..... when I first joined in the late 80s even the student membership cost more than that. ****ing ridiculous.

Burney
08-01-2018, 01:20 PM

It would be less of a laugh if it turned out they'd helped put a communist in charge of the country, though, tbh. :-\

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:24 PM
It would be less of a laugh if it turned out they'd helped put a communist in charge of the country, though, tbh. :-\

I dont know....I would find it pretty hilarious.

We live in a police state anyway. A friend of mine got raided a few days ago. They took everything.... :(

SWv2
08-01-2018, 01:42 PM
I dont know....I would find it pretty hilarious.

We live in a police state anyway. A friend of mine got raided a few days ago. They took everything.... :(

For why was he raided?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-01-2018, 01:43 PM
They thought it was Peter's address and decided to up the persecution

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Actually, as someone who's been fighting the bearded Trot at CLP level for 3 years, the only good thing about a Lab victory atm would be Jez nationalising the possessions of all though rich, Spectator-reading Tory fückwits who joined our party to vote for him for a whole penny and then seeing them sent to a gulag.

Well done, Tory swine. This country has made its greatest progress when both parties are run by their moderate wings and they each fight for the centre. Instead, you pushed a Trot on us so you could be run by an old skool, anti-EU, anti-modern, hang'em and flog'em type.

And now you've lost everything and are in a re-education camp.

Lolz as da yoot say.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Actually, as someone who's been fighting the bearded Trot at CLP level for 3 years, the only good thing about a Lab victory atm would be Jez nationalising the possessions of all though rich, Spectator-reading Tory fückwits who joined our party to vote for him for a whole penny and then seeing them sent to a gulag.

Well done, Tory swine. This country has made its greatest progress when both parties are run by their moderate wings and they each fight for the centre. Instead, you pushed a Trot on us so you could be run by an old skool, anti-EU, anti-modern, hang'em and flog'em type.

And now you've lost everything and are in a re-education camp.

Lolz as da yoot say.

This intemperate language helps no one, g. It is impossible to engage in debate when the discussion consists of insults and foul language. Try speaking to an Irishman, and you'll see what I mean. Ask sw, for example, about a shirt, and he'll call you a ****. Ask a Momentum member about Our Jeremy and he'll become abusive. It's like trying to argue with swine.

Let us remember our manners, and that we are educated, reasonable human being who respect one another's views, for all love.

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:51 PM
For why was he raided?

An intercepted package from the US.....

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:53 PM
They thought it was Peter's address and decided to up the persecution

Actually, my persecutor has been on holiday for a few weeks so it has been fairly quiet. He is back tomorrow I think so it will resume.

I leave for Malaysia on Saturday and I might not come back this time

SWv2
08-01-2018, 01:53 PM
This intermperate language helps no one, g. It is impossible to engage in debate when the discussion consists of insults and foul language. Try speaking to an Irishman, and you'll see what I mean. Ask sw, for example, about a shirt, and he'll call you a ****. Ask a Momentum member about Our Jeremy and he'll become abusive. It's like trying to argue with swine.

Let us remember our manners, and that we are educated, reasonable human being who respect one another's views, for all love.

Point of order, my suggestion that Rich stopped being a **** was in no way related to his shirt based query, simply a piece of advice / a plea.

Peter
08-01-2018, 01:54 PM
This intemperate language helps no one, g. It is impossible to engage in debate when the discussion consists of insults and foul language. Try speaking to an Irishman, and you'll see what I mean. Ask sw, for example, about a shirt, and he'll call you a ****. Ask a Momentum member about Our Jeremy and he'll become abusive. It's like trying to argue with swine.

Your anti-Irish rhetoric is one of the most offensive aspects of life on AWIMB. That is some achievement.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Point of order, my suggestion that Rich stopped being a **** was in no way related to his shirt based query, simply a piece of advice / a plea.

Fair enough sw, fair enough. I withdraw my remarks equating speaking to Irishmen with conversing with pigs.

Apologies if any offence was inadvertantly occasioned.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Your anti-Irish rhetoric is one of the most offensive aspects of life on AWIMB. That is some achievement.

I have never spoken an anti-Irish word in my life. The blood of Brian Boru flows proudly through my veins.

I speak only pragmatic, undeniable truths.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-01-2018, 02:42 PM

All right, C.

To put it politely, it would be Karma for them if they paid £3 to vote for jez and he steals their property and sends them to a gulag as a result.

Maybe he'd revoke the CJA and I can squat their Mayfair mansions.

But I stand by my comment that this country works best when the two main parties are controlled by the moderates and they fight each other for the centre ground. cf SuperMac and Gaitskell.

The Tories would have been better to choose Ken Clarke instead of IDS when Blair was in power, too.

May in hock to JRM, or Bojo vs Jez Stalin isn't exactly the best advert for GB parliamentary democracy.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:44 PM
All right, C.

To put it politely, it would be Karma for them if they paid £3 to vote for jez and he steals their property and sends them to a gulag as a result.

Maybe he'd revoke the CJA and I can squat their Mayfair mansions.

But I stand by my comment that this country works best when the two main parties are controlled by the moderates and they fight each other for the centre ground. cf SuperMac and Gaitskell.

The Tories would have been better to choose Ken Clarke instead of IDS when Blair was in power, too.

May in hock to JRM, or Bojo vs Jez Stalin isn't exactly the best advert for GB parliamentary democracy.

I think you're quite right, old chap, but if you think JC will ever be PM, you're forgetting The Truly Evil One who sits in wait, icepick in hand, to come to what he considers his rightful position: Secretary of The Party and Supreme Leader McDonnell. :-(

Burney
08-01-2018, 02:48 PM
I think you're quite right, old chap, but if you think JC will ever be PM, you're forgetting The Truly Evil One who sits in wait, icepick in hand, to come to what he considers his rightful position: Secretary of The Party and Supreme Leader McDonnell. :-(

Imagine what he'd do as Home Secretary. :-(

Sir C
08-01-2018, 02:51 PM

God bless Their Majesties :-(

Peter
08-01-2018, 02:56 PM

I make you both right on that one. He is the true power behind the throne.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 03:01 PM
I make you both right on that one. He is the true power behind the throne.

If it actually came to a *gulp* election victory, would Corbyn survive the night, or would McDonnell allow him to stand as a sort of puppet for a while, before the inevitable show trial and public execution?

Burney
08-01-2018, 03:02 PM
God bless Their Majesties :-(

The army take an oath to the monarch, though. I'd like to think the Guards would be stood to, be across St James' Park, storm the Houses of Parliament, up the Mall and into Downing St before you could say 'kill every communist in sight' were that to happen.

Sir C
08-01-2018, 03:04 PM
The army take an oath to the monarch, though. I'd like to think the Guards would be stood to, be across St James' Park, storm the Houses of Parliament, up the Mall and into Downing St before you could say 'kill every communist in sight' were that to happen.

There's only about 15 of them left :-( Cameron took the money from our armed forces to give to pooves and cripples :-(