PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on Emery’s tactics

7sisters
07-31-2018, 11:25 AM
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/latest-arsenal-news-emery-preseason-14971248

Burney
07-31-2018, 11:28 AM
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/latest-arsenal-news-emery-preseason-14971248

'Tactics'? How utterly vulgar! :-(

Sir C
07-31-2018, 11:30 AM

Forget manoeuvres, just go right at ‘em!

Burney
07-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Forget manoeuvres, just go right at ‘em!

:nod: "May I trouble you for the salt?"

Sir C
07-31-2018, 11:35 AM

I fancy a listen, but not from the beginning. 4 or 5 in, maybe.

Burney
07-31-2018, 11:45 AM
I fancy a listen, but not from the beginning. 4 or 5 in, maybe.

But the early ones are so lovely! Stephen's irritability at the recital alone makes Master and Commander worthwhile. And then there's the way they become chums over Jack's badly ordered dinner.

I always feel it gets less interesting when both of them are financially stable, btw. Also, I can t stand Villiers. I'm glad she drove her coach off a bridge.

Ash
07-31-2018, 11:56 AM

That article was so horribly written it made my eyes bleed, as if it was a fourteen year-old's homework. Also, it didn't say anything interesting about tactics beyond "Press, press, press!" which we know is the intent by now so can hardly be considered interesting. :shrug:

SWv2
07-31-2018, 12:03 PM
That article was so horribly written it made my eyes bleed, as if it was a fourteen year-old's homework. Also, it didn't say anything interesting about tactics beyond "Press, press, press!" which we know is the intent by now so can hardly be considered interesting. :shrug:

Relax A, I will write a detailed but enthralling summation of events including tactics when I get in from the game tomorrow night.

:-(

Sir C
07-31-2018, 12:14 PM
Relax A, I will write a detailed but enthralling summation of events including tactics when I get in from the game tomorrow night.

:-(

You're acting all cool but eyou're well excited really, aren't you?

Are you going to wear your Lacazette shirt?

Burney
07-31-2018, 12:17 PM

Pressing is awfully boring, though, isn't it? All you need is the right drugs (which I assume this new fellow has) and away you go.

Boring.

Tony C
07-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Basically - Arsene talks a good game but he had no idea how to handle Millennials like Ox, Wilshere, Chesney, Ramsey and the vegan tranny Bellend.

Burney
07-31-2018, 12:22 PM
Basically - Arsene talks a good game but he had no idea how to handle Millennials like Ox, Wilshere, Chesney, Ramsey and the vegan tranny Bellend.

Do you ever get the impression Bellerin just met the wrong woman? A vegan who encouraged him to grow his hair and just generally be a cūnt?

That's my theory, anyway.

Sir C
07-31-2018, 12:24 PM
Do you ever get the impression Bellerin just met the wrong woman? A vegan who encouraged him to grow his hair and just generally be a cūnt?

That's my theory, anyway.

He spoke rather well at the Oxford Union, along the lines of, "I choose to have my hair like this, if you don't like it, fúck off."

I was quite impressed.

7sisters
07-31-2018, 12:28 PM
It also seemed to illustrate that Bouldy is still the water carrier

Burney
07-31-2018, 01:04 PM
He spoke rather well at the Oxford Union, along the lines of, "I choose to have my hair like this, if you don't like it, fúck off."

I was quite impressed.

An argument which is valid right up until you remember that it is his professional duty to represent THE ARSENAL, FFS.

Dirty hippy dago freak. Him, not you.

SWv2
07-31-2018, 01:06 PM
You're acting all cool but eyou're well excited really, aren't you?

Are you going to wear your Lacazette shirt?

My young fella has a Lacazette from last season and an Aubameyang from this season though I doubt I could squeeze into either, and I say that fully in the knowledge that I am not a fat fúcker.

I have never attended a pre-season friendly so I am unsure how to react and indeed how others will react. Does one celebrate a goal in any way?

I do expect that some will be taking it very seriously.

Sir C
07-31-2018, 01:08 PM
An argument which is valid right up until you remember that it is his professional duty to represent THE ARSENAL, FFS.

Dirty hippy dago freak. Him, not you.

Oh, I'm afraid the sort of standards we expect from a gentleman representing The Arsenal Football Club were consigned to history when our club captain and legendary leader was a drunk, sweating booze into a bin bag at training and spending time in prison while his manager encouraged the team to physically assault the opposition whilst he committed grubby acts of fraud in the background.

We're a long, long way from Bertie Mee and Frank McLintock, b.

Burney
07-31-2018, 01:11 PM
My young fella has a Lacazette from last season and an Aubameyang from this season though I doubt I could squeeze into either, and I say that fully in the knowledge that I am not a fat fúcker.

I have never attended a pre-season friendly so I am unsure how to react and indeed how others will react. Does one celebrate a goal in any way?

I believe that the usual procedure when attending ore-season friendlies is to start touching children inappropriately and then sign the sex offender's register for the rest of your life.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Sir C
07-31-2018, 01:14 PM

You want to watch yourself, sw. You will be amongst a whole stadium full of freaks and weirdos.

Yes. A bunch of micks. :-(

Monty92
07-31-2018, 01:16 PM
I believe that the usual procedure when attending ore-season friendlies is to start touching children inappropriately and then sign the sex offender's register for the rest of your life.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Surely taking young children to friendlies (cheaper, easier to get tickets, not so loud and boistorous, etc) is socially acceptable?

I'm half-considering taking mine to the Arsenal vs Real legends game, but I'm worried he might start asking annoying or difficult questions. Like why Wenger's not in the dugout.

Burney
07-31-2018, 01:19 PM
Surely taking young children to friendlies (cheaper, easier to get tickets, not so loud and boistorous, etc) is socially acceptable?

I'm half-considering taking mine to the Arsenal vs Real legends game, but I'm worried he might start asking annoying or difficult questions. Like why Wenger's not in the dugout.

Are you not worried that he’ll start developing opinions and you’ll end up telling him to get another hobby?

Ash
07-31-2018, 01:47 PM

You will have to update us when he eventually finds out you've been lying to him. Perhaps it will be like him discovering that Santa is not real.

I went to an Emirates Cup game once. The lady sitting next to me was a Spurs fan but her kids were both Arsenal, and she said there was no way she was taking them to a real game.

SWv2
07-31-2018, 01:52 PM

“Daddy, under what definition of the word Legend does Jeremie Aliadiere qualify to be playing?”

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 08:07 AM
“Daddy, under what definition of the word Legend does Jeremie Aliadiere qualify to be playing?”

Easy - "mythical creature - probably did not really exist"

Ash
08-01-2018, 08:43 AM

I think a moment of brief, polite applause is acceptable, as if an opposition batsman has executed an elegant cover drive for four.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 08:45 AM
I think a moment of brief, polite applause is acceptable, as if an opposition batsman has executed an elegant cover drive for four.
Test cricket is back :cloud9: We're going to get thumped :(

Ash
08-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Test cricket is back :cloud9: We're going to get thumped :(

:nod: More gubbed than Gubbins.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2018, 09:37 AM

At least we're batting first - should ensure it doesn't ruin the weekend

eastgermanautos
08-01-2018, 02:36 PM

"May I thank you to pass the chutney?" :-)

SWv2
08-01-2018, 03:54 PM

I note that we are testing against your lot next summer.

A day at a Test match was one of the things I regret not doing in my time under cover in London, a bucket list thing perhaps even. Thing is I was looking at the Saturday which is day 4, so the game may well be over.

:-\

Sir C
08-01-2018, 03:58 PM
I note that we are testing against your lot next summer.

A day at a Test match was one of the things I regret not doing in my time under cover in London, a bucket list thing perhaps even. Thing is I was looking at the Saturday which is day 4, so the game may well be over.

:-\

Excited about tonight, sw? Got your notebook ready and everything?