PDA

View Full Version : Guendouzi & Torreira

Tony C
07-29-2018, 09:00 PM
will be awesome together.

We all got excited by Torreira joining but Gwen seems to have played Xhaka right out of the team imo

The 2 will be a ferocious combo in front of the back 4.

Back 4, these 2 and then any combination from Ozil, Lacazette, Aboomberang, Miki, Ramsey, Smith, Iwobi, Perez, Eddie and Reece imo :nod:

WES
07-30-2018, 08:13 AM

We all got excited by Torreira joining but Gwen seems to have played Xhaka right out of the team imo

Back 4, these 2 and then any combination from Ozil, Lacazette, Aboomberang, Miki, Ramsey, Smith, Iwobi, Perez, Eddie and Reece imo :nod:

I was thinking the same thing. It remains to be seen how good they actually are, of course, but they are exactly the *type* of player that you want in the 2 in 4231. As a pair they could be exactly what we need.

Nice to have midfielders who play in midfield. Exciting times. :cloud9:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-30-2018, 01:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It remains to be seen how good they actually are, of course, but they are exactly the *type* of player that you want in the 2 in 4231. As a pair they could be exactly what we need.

Nice to have midfielders who play in midfield. Exciting times. :cloud9:

Each to their own. I preferred it when our MF was all tricky midget no.10s. Cesc, Nasri, TR7, Santi etc. If we're not gonna win the league, we might as well play one touch Wengerball.

PSRB
07-30-2018, 01:47 PM

Nah, Xhaka will walk straight back into the 1st XI. Happens every pre-season, young player does really well and every one expects him to start loads of matches but then he's not seen again until domestic cup ties start.

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Nah, Xhaka will walk straight back into the 1st XI. Happens every pre-season, young player does really well and every one expects him to start loads of matches but then he's not seen again until domestic cup ties start.

Wise words PRSB.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-30-2018, 02:03 PM

Not really the same with Guendouzi. He has actually played proper football (albeit in the French second division). The other examples of youngsters impressing are all kids from academy football. I think there’s a fair chance he goes above Elneny in the pecking order. He looks to have a much better range of passing. Although I agree that Xhaka will start.

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Not really the same with Guendouzi. He has actually played proper football (albeit in the French second division). The other examples of youngsters impressing are all kids from academy football. I think there’s a fair chance he goes above Elneny in the pecking order. He looks to have a much better range of passing. Although I agree that Xhaka will start.

He will be a bench option I would think.

Did well on Saturday but that was a remarkably young looking PSG side especially towards the end of the game. Very different in the PL.

Not that I watched it of course.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-30-2018, 02:07 PM
He will be a bench option I would think.

Did well on Saturday but that was a remarkably young looking PSG side especially towards the end of the game. Very different in the PL.

Felt a bit sorry for Rabiot having to play with all that rubbish. He should demand a transfer to us to be honest. Straight swap with Ramsey.

Ash
07-30-2018, 02:08 PM

:hehe:

:judge:

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Felt a bit sorry for Rabiot having to play with all that rubbish. He should demand a transfer to us to be honest. Straight swap with Ramsey.

Strange business this Ramsey business. Cannot understand why he has not been sold if as appears they are unwilling to pay him what he wants.

All the time there is next to no rumours, either based in truth or utterly fictitious, regarding the chap and other clubs.

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:19 PM

:judge:

I am going on Wednesday. A pre-season friendly.

€75 the pair of tickets.

Probably a Mexican wave at some point.

WES
07-30-2018, 02:24 PM
Strange business this Ramsey business. Cannot understand why he has not been sold if as appears they are unwilling to pay him what he wants.

All the time there is next to no rumours, either based in truth or utterly fictitious, regarding the chap and other clubs.

I suppose there is the possibility that Una's comments on him were only meant to drive up the price and that Una has reaslised how sh1t he is and wants to move him on. This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.

Perhaps they've all been reading my posts. :-) :cloud9:

Billy Goat Sverige
07-30-2018, 02:27 PM

I don’t think anyone wants him that will match what we’ve offered (while paying a transfer fee). At the same time he probably wants more than what we’ve offered and thinks he’s better off waiting until next summer for a juicy signing on fee. A bit of a ****ty situation for everyone.

Ash
07-30-2018, 02:28 PM
This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.

There are stories circulating that Chelsea might make a deadline day 'swoop' of 30m for him. Though I read it on BT sport's site and I think they said 'according to the Daily Mail' so there you go. Probably nothing to see here.

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:30 PM
I suppose there is the possibility that Una's comments on him were only meant to drive up the price and that Una has reaslised how sh1t he is and wants to move him on. This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.

Perhaps they've all been reading my posts. :-) :cloud9:

You work in high finance, there is £50m of prime asset we are allowing to waste away.

I don’t think he sounded overly positive last week when asked, suppose he could of course dig his heels in anyway, we cannot force the lad to leave.

WES
07-30-2018, 02:33 PM
You work in high finance, there is £50m of prime asset we are allowing to waste away.

I don’t think he sounded overly positive last week when asked, suppose he could of course dig his heels in anyway, we cannot force the lad to leave.

If he does go it will interesting and possibly insightful to see how much we get for him. A year left or not, 30mil (as reported for Chelsea's offer) would indicate that the market for him is quite weak.

27 isn't he? 30mil for a 27 year old puts him in with some pretty poor company i.e. the Turkish lump that Everton bought.

Peter
07-30-2018, 02:48 PM
If he does go it will interesting and possibly insightful to see how much we get for him. A year left or not, 30mil (as reported for Chelsea's offer) would indicate that the market for him is quite weak.

27 isn't he? 30mil for a 27 year old puts him in with some pretty poor company i.e. the Turkish lump that Everton bought.

Its less than the Ox went for, with one year on his contract.

I am happy if he goes, happy if he stays. Dont really care as long as he doesnt play :)

SWv2
07-30-2018, 02:56 PM

No idea how much in reality we could get for the bloke as I have long since ceased to understand or to try and apply any logic or common sense to the world of football transfers.

For example I give you Everton paying £50m for Richarlison and also now paying £25m on a bloke who was reserve right-back for Barcelona.

There was another one over the weekend, can't remember exactly who, but I recall thinking "fúck me" at the figures.

Ash
07-30-2018, 03:14 PM
No idea how much in reality we could get for the bloke as I have long since ceased to understand or to try and apply any logic or common sense to the world of football transfers.

For example I give you Everton paying £50m for Richarlison and also now paying £25m on a bloke who was reserve right-back for Barcelona.

There was another one over the weekend, can't remember exactly who, but I recall thinking "fúck me" at the figures.

i was surprised at that one too. Five goals last year for Watford. :-|

Billy Goat Sverige
07-30-2018, 03:25 PM

Everton’s last few transfer windows are ****ing diabolical. Talk about pissing money up the wall.

Luis Anaconda
07-30-2018, 03:25 PM
i was surprised at that one too. Five goals last year for Watford. :-|

Guaranteed penalty against us though :(

PSRB
07-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Everton’s last few transfer windows are ****ing diabolical. Talk about pissing money up the wall.

Pickford, the only decent piece of business they've done.......Tosun, possibly

WES
07-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Pickford, the only decent piece of business they've done.......Tosun, possibly

Really? I was assured by AWIMB's very own football expert whose opinion is so well thought of that he rarely deigns to give it to the undeserving, that anyone who felt we should pay 30mil for Pickford was a 'f*cktard'.

Tony C
07-30-2018, 04:12 PM
If we beat City with Gwen commanding the midfield then he would achieved more in 90 minutes that Xhaka in his 2 seasons here.

The guy is slack in all aspects of his life...look at Shaqiri...back with Liverpool and scoring?

Where’s Xhaka? Still on holiday lol

I can understand old man Lichsteiner taking a break but f uck me Jacka?

He’s not serious about his career or improving rise he would love cut his holiday short.

PSRB
07-30-2018, 04:15 PM
If we beat City with Gwen commanding the midfield then he would achieved more in 90 minutes that Xhaka in his 2 seasons here.

The guy is slack in all aspects of his life...look at Shaqiri...back with Liverpool and scoring?

Where’s Xhaka? Still on holiday lol

I can understand old man Lichsteiner taking a break but f uck me Jacka?

He’s not serious about his career or improving rise he would love cut his holiday short.

I would imagine he keeps himself very fit. Also, was our best player for back half of last season.

Harry Balls
07-30-2018, 06:24 PM
I still can't figure out why Torreira was so cheap? International, specialized position that's seemingly in demand.

"when the ball hits the net, like a Jumbo Jet, that's torreira"

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2018, 07:20 AM
Really? I was assured by AWIMB's very own football expert whose opinion is so well thought of that he rarely deigns to give it to the undeserving, that anyone who felt we should pay 30mil for Pickford was a 'f*cktard'.

Sadly, you don't have the intelligence to understand the point I was making, which comes as no surprise. If he made as many mistakes for us as he did for Everton last season he would have been crucified - as would Wenger. Hence shelling out 30 million for him would have been unwise. I realise as a Yank, you don't really get English football but there is a difference between playing for Arsenal and playing for Everton

PSRB
07-31-2018, 08:17 AM
Sadly, you don't have the intelligence to understand the point I was making, which comes as no surprise. If he made as many mistakes for us as he did for Everton last season he would have been crucified - as would Wenger. Hence shelling out 30 million for him would have been unwise. I realise as a Yank, you don't really get English football but there is a difference between playing for Arsenal and playing for Everton

Bit harsh on Pickford, don't think he made any massive errors. His main fault early on last season was a bad habit of making a save and then pushing the ball back into a dangerous area.

Peter
07-31-2018, 08:47 AM
Bit harsh on Pickford, don't think he made any massive errors. His main fault early on last season was a bad habit of making a save and then pushing the ball back into a dangerous error.

That's a classic technical flaw- when to tip and when to parry. Very common in younger keepers, or those with a **** technique.

Dudek had that- never really got past it.

WES
07-31-2018, 08:59 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: As pathetically stupid an argument as I have seen on here in some time