PDA

View Full Version : Why won’t it rain? Why?

Burney
07-27-2018, 09:23 AM
It’s actually driving me slightly insane now. :-(

Pokster
07-27-2018, 09:24 AM

raining now.. and thunder and lightning

Burney
07-27-2018, 09:28 AM
raining now.. and thunder and lightning

You jammy sod. I bet it’s lovely, isn’t it? :-(

Pokster
07-27-2018, 09:34 AM

A lot cooler..... last night flooded the garden in about 5 minutes, looked this morning and you would hardly know it rained

Sir C
07-27-2018, 09:35 AM

Yet more evidence of your essentially peasant nature.

You're like Jean de Florette. Sans hump.

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine, lamb. Take some vitamin d and turn your skin a different colour to its usual hue, pantone name 'dought dead flesh'. Wear a linen suit and espadrilles, serve salads under a wisteria-shadowed pergola, get to truly enjoy a cold, cold beer.

We'll have 9 months of your damp, grey Irishness to endure. Can you not allow us a brief period od basking in th warmth?

Burney
07-27-2018, 09:38 AM

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine, lamb. Take some vitamin d and turn your skin a different colour to its usual hue, pantone name 'dought dead flesh'. Wear a linen suit and espadrilles, serve salads under a wisteria-shadowed pergola, get to truly enjoy a cold, cold beer.

We'll have 9 months of your damp, grey Irishness to endure. Can you not allow us a brief period od basking in th warmth?

This isn’t ‘warmth’. This is a living hell.

PSRB
07-27-2018, 09:39 AM
A lot cooler..... last night flooded the garden in about 5 minutes, looked this morning and you would hardly know it rained

4 days of it coming here from tomorrow but then back to mid 20's :-)

Sir C
07-27-2018, 09:41 AM

:hehe: Sure 'tis tirrible warm bejsus and begorrah. :hehe:

Get yourself to the tropics in a pith helmet and heavy canvas kakhi drill and run an empire in much higher temperatures than this. Make a man of you. Pathetic, sweaty wimp.

Ash
07-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Global drying, innit.

Either that or vem pesky Russians hacked the weather.

Peter
07-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Its a conspiracy, b. Chem trails and all that.....

Peter
07-27-2018, 09:44 AM
:hehe: Sure 'tis tirrible warm bejsus and begorrah. :hehe:

Get yourself to the tropics in a pith helmet and heavy canvas kakhi drill and run an empire in much higher temperatures than this. Make a man of you. Pathetic, sweaty wimp.

That's different. One expects that heat and can prepare for it.

THis is a stitch up. It is simply not acceptable.

Ash
07-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Heavy rain's not much use to the soil when it just bounces off and floods somewhere else. We need long. slow gentle drizzle to rehydrate the parched earth.

SWv2
07-27-2018, 09:46 AM

I saw on your Channel 4 news last night that some boffin with a huge forehead has stated that these weather conditions will be the norm in time, 2050 perhaps.

You and I will both be dead by this time so of little consequence.

I quite like the hot weather though. Sitting in the garden, cold beer, Style Council perhaps in the background, looking at my straw yellow back garden.

Peter
07-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Heavy rain's not much use to the soil when it just bounces off and floods somewhere else. We need long. slow gentle drizzle to rehydrate the parched earth.

Indeed. Huge, dramatic downpours are not very british at all. Drizzle most certainly is.

Sir C
07-27-2018, 09:49 AM

It's 30 degrees, for fúck's sake. It's not exactly the surface of the sun, is it? If it was 40, 45 degrees I'd understand the moaning. That sort of heat is uncomfortable. This is just nicely hot.

Peter
07-27-2018, 09:55 AM
It's 30 degrees, for fúck's sake. It's not exactly the surface of the sun, is it? If it was 40, 45 degrees I'd understand the moaning. That sort of heat is uncomfortable. This is just nicely hot.

Easy to say when you are sat there with your AC on.

Its ****ing hot.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2018, 09:57 AM

It must have last night, my car is a bit cleaner.

Rich
07-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Easy to say when you are sat there with your AC on.

Its ****ing hot.

I stayed in a Travelodge last night & it was the hottest place I have ever been in my life. Window didn't open, no AC, the provided a fan but the lead was so short that I couldn't get it that close to the bed.

The lack of sleep & drink that was taken has left me most irritable.

Peter
07-27-2018, 10:20 AM
I stayed in a Travelodge last night & it was the hottest place I have ever been in my life. Window didn't open, no AC, the provided a fan but the lead was so short that I couldn't get it that close to the bed.

The lack of sleep & drink that was taken has left me most irritable.

I stayed in a Holiday Inn last week and was looking forward to a nice, cool, air conditioned room. ****ing air on wasnt working. I slept in an oven.....

SWv2
07-27-2018, 10:27 AM
I stayed in a Holiday Inn last week and was looking forward to a nice, cool, air conditioned room. ****ing air on wasnt working. I slept in an oven.....

Did you complain and request to be moved to another room?

Peter
07-27-2018, 10:48 AM

Yes, there were no other rooms. It was pretty much broken everywhere.

Pokster
07-27-2018, 10:49 AM

Update... no it isn't, Lightning hits the main signal box at York so no traine running anywhere... might be a fun journey home

PSRB
07-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Update... no it isn't, Lightning hits the main signal box at York so no traine running anywhere... might be a fun journey home

Just seen that on Twitter. One of Northern Rail's better excuses

Rich
07-27-2018, 11:42 AM

My Travelodge didn't even have air con there to break. I genuinely would be less miserable right now if I'd slept on a bench in Regent's Park.

Luis Anaconda
07-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Too busy threatening those in the neighbouring rooms I would say

SWv2
07-27-2018, 11:52 AM
Too busy threatening those in the neighbouring rooms I would say

My fear is for the poor foreign national on reception.

Blimey.

IUFG
07-27-2018, 01:42 PM

Farking boiling with blue skies here in 'stAnglia :-(

SWv2
07-27-2018, 01:45 PM
We have a yellow weather warning for rain.

Not sure what exactly it means other than it is going to rain.

Ash
07-27-2018, 01:46 PM

It matches the colour of your garden.

SWv2
07-27-2018, 01:50 PM
It matches the colour of your garden.

This is very true A, the upper section straw yellow and the lower “goalmouth” section completely sans grass.

Secretly I am pleased as I don’t need to mow the fúcker.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2018, 01:52 PM

I think it means it's gonna piss down.

SWv2
07-27-2018, 01:55 PM
I think it means it's gonna piss down.

We expect rain all the same. Even in the recent heatwave you would see 2-3 people on the Luas each morning with their trusted North Face, just in case.

A warning is not necessary unless there is going to be a flood and/or tsunami.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2018, 02:02 PM
We expect rain all the same. Even in the recent heatwave you would see 2-3 people on the Luas each morning with their trusted North Face, just in case.

A warning is not necessary unless there is going to be a flood and/or tsunami.

everything has to sound edgy or dangerous or important.

apparently our toilets in the office are cleaned by a female operative.
what exactly is she operating.

IUFG
07-27-2018, 02:03 PM
everything has to sound edgy or dangerous or important.

apparently our toilets in the office are cleaned by a female operative.
what exactly is she operating.

a toilet brush? :shrug:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-27-2018, 02:40 PM

Don't get me started.

Last year in Delhi there was no monsoon. It was hell. The atmosphere throbbing but it couldn't burst. Apparently it's the pollution. But here and now, I find it quite pleasant.

Peter
07-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Don't get me started.

Last year in Delhi there was no monsoon. It was hell. The atmosphere throbbing but it couldn't burst. Apparently it's the pollution. But here and now, I find it quite pleasant.

Delhi in June or July is a ****ing nightmare. 45 degrees last time I was there.

07-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Delhi in June or July is a ****ing nightmare. 45 degrees last time I was there.

I know.

But in the old days, once it hits 47, it then pissed down, which was a blessed relief.

But now, while it still monsoons down everywhere else, it doesn't in Delhi.

It's the pollution. That's why the Lankan cricket team were retching up. They have literally fücked with nature. It was great in the early noughties, they switched all the busses and richshaws to CNG. They smog went. But now it's back and ten times worse because of economic progress. The newly wealthy Delhi middle class want and will have cars.

I just miss the old monsoon.

Though if I were a newly middle class Indian, I might think differently.

Peter
07-27-2018, 03:23 PM
I know.

But in the old days, once it hits 47, it then pissed down, which was a blessed relief.

But now, while it still monsoons down everywhere else, it doesn't in Delhi.

It's the pollution. That's why the Lankan cricket team were retching up. They have literally fücked with nature. It was great in the early noughties, they switched all the busses and richshaws to CNG. They smog went. But now it's back and ten times worse because of economic progress. The newly wealthy Delhi middle class want and will have cars.

I just miss the old monsoon.

Though if I were a newly middle class Indian, I might think differently.

It is probably the only place I have been where I really couldnt cope with the heat at all. 5-10 minutes in the direct sunlight and my head felt like it was on fire and I would have to piss off back inside.

Having travelled round it a few times I can't say India is a country I have ever warmed to. Too ****ing hot, too stressful to get around and the driving is just unbelievable.

Ash
07-27-2018, 03:41 PM
It's raining in the old parish of St Giles.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-27-2018, 03:46 PM

Drops of rain in NW11

07-27-2018, 04:09 PM
It is probably the only place I have been where I really couldnt cope with the heat at all. 5-10 minutes in the direct sunlight and my head felt like it was on fire and I would have to piss off back inside.

Having travelled round it a few times I can't say India is a country I have ever warmed to. Too ****ing hot, too stressful to get around and the driving is just unbelievable.

I agree that the heat there - Delhi before monsoon breaks - is a completely different level to anything else I've experienced.

But that's why Shiva created the Himalayas. Just bugger off to Kashmir, Ledakh, Manali, Dharamsala or the Parvati Valley in summer time. Or Darjeeling if you're over Kolkatta way.

Or just go to the coast. I love Goa in monsoon, that's when I go. It's all lush and green, I see old mates, and there are no other fücking goras about.

Getting around's great. Cheap flights everywhere nowadays. But still love 2nd class sleeper on the trains and the sleeper bus. Just book two tickets - the whole cabin to yourself - et voilà. I miss sleeper buses. They introduced them one year for Delhi-Manali (up the mountains, though I'd get off before Manali for the Parvati Valley) then the BJP got in power in the state and banned them.

The BJP are cünts.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-27-2018, 04:30 PM
It's raining in the old parish of St Giles.

. . . . . . . .

Ash
07-27-2018, 06:47 PM
St Giles ... as in Chalfont?

Central London. Famous for its leper colony, church, epicentre of the Great Plague, notorious rookery and more recently - and close to your heart, 'Tin Pan Alley' (Denmark Street). Better known to most as the area just SE of Tottenham Court Road tube station. Immortalised by Hogarth in 'Gin Lane' and 'Four Times of Day'.

Old map: https://stgilesonline.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/st-giles-map-1570.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/GinLane.jpg/800px-GinLane.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Hogarthgiles.jpg

Ash
07-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Those respectable people in the second etch are French Hugenots. The rabble in the first are mostly Irish, but this should in no way be taken as a slight on the Irish people as a whole. :thumbup:

barrybueno
07-27-2018, 10:47 PM

Got in my car, pissed down, got home, it stopped, walked down the pub, pissed down after i got there

In conclusion, God loves me :-)

taxman10
07-27-2018, 11:31 PM
The air con in the savoy and claridges has been fine. Don’t stay in **** hotels.

barrybueno
07-28-2018, 02:44 AM
The air con in the savoy and claridges has been fine. Don’t stay in **** hotels.

Your're class son, I can tell...going for a nap, might be back

eastgermanautos
07-28-2018, 04:00 AM

You say that but it's not even close to being true. Southeast Asia admits of no preparation. It's very very difficult to tolerate.

barrybueno
07-28-2018, 09:27 AM
**** em ega, **** em all, and **** their 3 quid a month, ****s!