PDA

View Full Version : Having a few beers in Putney later, any recommendations?

barrybueno
07-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Couple of folks I'm meeting up there know the area well but it would be nice to have an opinion and throw my two penn'orth in like...

Rich
07-25-2018, 11:38 AM
Couple of folks I'm meeting up there know the area well but it would be nice to have an opinion and throw my two penn'orth in like...

The Ship in Wandsworth Town. Right on the river. A favourite of mine.

barrybueno
07-25-2018, 11:57 AM

Bit too far for us Ricci, think we're staying around the Putney Bridge area. 3 of our crowd are older than me

Ash
07-25-2018, 11:58 AM

The pubs down by the boat clubs are usually full of braying Hoorays, Basil. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
07-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Bit too far for us Ricci, think we're staying around the Putney Bridge area. 3 of our crowd are older than me
If it is nice there The Duke's Head is a good old staple - you can drink standing outside on the river bank. Used to go out in Putney all the time but it's been a while (Christ - it's been six years since I left London). Bricklayers Arms was always a nice pub as well - off the high street and riverside. Used to do good beer but I am not sure lager-drinkers like you will appreciate that. DO NOT go into the Coat and Badge unless you want to be surrounded by Saffa ****s like Rich (no offence, r)

Rich
07-25-2018, 12:14 PM

It's about 60 seconds on the train from Putney station (1 stop).

Viva Prat Vegas
07-25-2018, 12:15 PM
:hehe:
Ash "The pubs down by the boat clubs are usually full of braying Hoorays, Basil. I'm sure you'll fit right in. "

Imagine him flinging the doors open and killing the mood by bellowing "OI OI SAVELOY!" at the top of his spit 'n' sawdust voice

SWv2
07-25-2018, 01:01 PM

"A pub for ****s".

Quite the marketing strapline there.