PDA

View Full Version : 100 Ball Cricket 💯

Tony C
07-24-2018, 01:26 PM
This has to stop.

It’s 100 balls with a countdown (apparently we’re not numeric enough to understand 120 balls)

They’re scrapping the 15 overs and 1 ten ball over in favour of 20 five ball overs (we lack the attention span for a sixth ball.)

And now it’s going to be more that 11 players a side. One report said it’s 12 with the last person being a designated hitter a la baseball who doesn’t field at all and another report said it was 15 with the batters being subbed for fielders / bowlers at the interval.

What a hot pile of steaming garbage!!! Jesus I can’t believe someone is getting paid at the ECB to dream this up.

The only thing they haven’t done is 1 mandatory female per team :shrug:

IUFG
07-24-2018, 01:28 PM
This has to stop.

It’s 100 balls with a countdown (apparently we’re not numeric enough to understand 120 balls)

They’re scrapping the 15 overs and 1 ten ball over in favour of 20 five ball overs (we lack the attention span for a sixth ball.)

And now it’s going to be more that 11 players a side. One report said it’s 12 with the last person being a designated hitter a la baseball who doesn’t field at all and another report said it was 15 with the batters being subbed for fielders / bowlers at the interval.

What a hot pile of steaming garbage!!! Jesus I can’t believe someone is getting paid at the ECB to dream this up.

cricket for the ADHD, SJW, snowflake generation.

:cricket:

Burney
07-24-2018, 02:07 PM
This has to stop.

Reductio ad absurdam, innit :shrug: