PDA

View Full Version : So, Brexit is going to cause food and medicine shortages and civil unrest

Sir C
07-24-2018, 08:55 AM
and mass unemplyment and a crashed economy. All this less than a year away.

Meanwhile, the FTSE stands at 7,700 points.

Someone is telling porkies. And markets don't lie...

Sir C
07-24-2018, 08:56 AM

Worse than that, I can't edit thon typo :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
07-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Worse than that, I can't edit thon typo :-(

Go Advanced, noob.

Sir C
07-24-2018, 08:59 AM
Go Advanced, noob.

:thumbup: I knew a youngster would be able to put me right, technology-wise.

IUFG
07-24-2018, 09:01 AM

mass unemplyment eh? that would flip the current market on its fúcking head.

shirley in this imminent return to the dark ages, we'll all be tilling the land to grow food to sell to each other or trade for other services. That's sort of employment, isn't it?

Sir C
07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
mass unemplyment eh? that would flip the current market on its fúcking head.

shirley in this imminent return to the dark ages, we'll all be tilling the land to grow food to sell to each other or trade for other services. That's sort of employment, isn't it?

I quite fancy a change of career, i. What are the options for a 53 year old man with no qualifications?

Burney
07-24-2018, 09:05 AM

Well I definitely believe the bloke from Amazon, which relies on the EU to avoid paying squillions in tax.

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:09 AM
I quite fancy a change of career, i. What are the options for a 53 year old man with no qualifications?

Pilot? :):)

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:09 AM
Well I definitely believe the bloke from Amazon, which relies on the EU to avoid paying squillions in tax.

Not that you would hold that against a chap, of course.

Sir C
07-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Pilot? :):)

:nono: Pilots are treated like shít these days, unless you work for a national carrier, and that's not happening at my age.

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:17 AM
:nono: Pilots are treated like shít these days, unless you work for a national carrier, and that's not happening at my age.

Well, I cant solve all your problems but if you are feeling uneasy, there is always this.

https://youtu.be/KYDW1bIwIV4

Sir C
07-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Well, I cant solve all your problems but if you are feeling uneasy, there is always this.

https://youtu.be/KYDW1bIwIV4

When I'm working on my Top 5 albums list, I always forget Nebraska. How can you forget Nebraska?

1. Darkness
2. Born To Run
3. The Rising
4. The River
5. Nebraska

That's it, that's the definitive list.

IUFG
07-24-2018, 09:31 AM

:shrug: flogging cars?

Sir C
07-24-2018, 09:32 AM
:shrug: flogging cars?

That might be fun, actually. I wouldn't mind giving that a go.

Cheers, i :thumbup:

Burney
07-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Not that you would hold that against a chap, of course.

Of course not. Any business that doesn't do everything in its power to minimise its tax liabilities doesn't deserve to be in business. :shrug:

However, it does mean I will tend to take with a pinch of salt anything that business says with regard to an organisation that helps facilitate its lessening of its tax liabilities.

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:37 AM
That might be fun, actually. I wouldn't mind giving that a go.

Cheers, i :thumbup:

Used cars, I hope :)

Burney
07-24-2018, 09:38 AM

Motivational speaker?

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:38 AM
When I'm working on my Top 5 albums list, I always forget Nebraska. How can you forget Nebraska?

1. Darkness
2. Born To Run
3. The Rising
4. The River
5. Nebraska

That's it, that's the definitive list.

It's the thing I have never quite understood about you. There is a strong argument to say it is his best album. Without question it is his most remarkable and one of the most remarkable ever made. In every sense.

And you prefer The Rising :(

Go figure.....

Sir C
07-24-2018, 09:50 AM
It's the thing I have never quite understood about you. There is a strong argument to say it is his best album. Without question it is his most remarkable and one of the most remarkable ever made. In every sense.

And you prefer The Rising :(

Go figure.....

Well, 'prefer' is a strong term. That is a list of works of genius, the exact order of which is largely immaterial.

The Rising was a hugely important album, for the people of the USA and for me personally. Whaddyagonnadoaboutit?

IUFG
07-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Motivational speaker?

I recently met a person who described themselves as a Social Media Influencer

Now, if ever there was a made up job, there it is.

Naturally he was one of the most narcissitic fúckers I have ever met.

Granted, he could positively influence the mood of the meeting room.

by leaving it.

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Well, 'prefer' is a strong term. That is a list of works of genius, the exact order of which is largely immaterial.

The Rising was a hugely important album, for the people of the USA and for me personally. Whaddyagonnadoaboutit?

I get why it was important and I appreciate that the order of the list is largely irrelevant. It's just.... well, it isnt really that good.

What happened to GOTJ? Come on........

Peter
07-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Of course not. Any business that doesn't do everything in its power to minimise its tax liabilities doesn't deserve to be in business. :shrug:

However, it does mean I will tend to take with a pinch of salt anything that business says with regard to an organisation that helps facilitate its lessening of its tax liabilities.

You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....

IUFG
07-24-2018, 09:57 AM
You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....

it is amazing how much research and development Amazon do. All offest against tax liabilities.
I understand their automated warehousing project cost them nothing due to tax relief against R&D.

wd Amazon imo, they don't make the rules, after all.

Sir C
07-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Used cars, I hope :)

:nod: I've got a 69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelly heads and a Hurst on the floor. To you, twelve double nine five.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-24-2018, 10:11 AM
I am glad you are back to being your usual benign self today Sir c
Yesterday you seemed to be slightly terse of mood
I shied away from asking what ails you in the hope that you were merely suffering a rare dog day

Much love
x

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:11 AM
:nod: I've got a 69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelly heads and a Hurst on the floor. To you, twelve double nine five.

Does that include VAT?

IUFG
07-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Does that include VAT?

Nor does it include registration, tax and fuel.

or mats.

Have you never bought a car before, b?

Sir C
07-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Does that include VAT?

There is no VAT on used car sales, b.

The dealer pays VT on his margin, but he doesn't charge you VAT, what with the VAT having been initially paid when the car was sold new.

Of course, if a new car is pre-registered by a dealership as a demonstrator and the VAT reclaimed, when the vehicle is subsequently sold as a used car, VAT will have to be added back into the price. Such a car is said to be 'VAT qualifying'.

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Nor does it include registration, tax and fuel.

or mats.

Have you never bought a car before, b?

I sort of assumed it was a Springsteen lyric, i. My question regarding VAT was really by way of an attempt to introduce a note of bathos to the lyrics' highly romanticised Americana.

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:22 AM

What is a hurst and why is it on the floor?

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:24 AM

Has it just scored a hat-trick in an World Cup Final?

IUFG
07-24-2018, 10:25 AM
I sort of assumed it was a Springsteen lyric, i. My question regarding VAT was really by way of an attempt to introduce a note of bathos to the lyrics' highly romanticised Americana.

oh, I see.

shít lyrics, if that is the case

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:28 AM

It was a Springsteen lyric, apart from the price. In the song the car is NOT for sale.

I mean, him and his partner Sonny built it straight out of scratch......

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:29 AM
oh, I see.

shít lyrics, if that is the case

You are talking about Racing In The Street, young man. Just watch yourself...... on very, very thin ice!

Sir C
07-24-2018, 10:34 AM

It's a gearbox. A manual gearbox, with what them yankees call a 'stick shift' poking out of the floor.

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:34 AM
It was a Springsteen lyric, apart from the price. In the song the car is NOT for sale.

I mean, him and his partner Sonny built it straight out of scratch......

I see. When you say 'partner'...?

NTTAWWI

IUFG
07-24-2018, 10:36 AM
You are talking about Racing In The Street, young man. Just watch yourself...... on very, very thin ice!

is that yet another one of his overlong dirges?

Viva Prat Vegas
07-24-2018, 10:37 AM
One where he doesn't hold back (probably)

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:42 AM
is that yet another one of his overlong dirges?

Lord, i, you'll make no friends here with that sort of talk. :-(

Sir C and p will bicker endlessly about Springsteen, but will unite savagely against anyone who questions his genius.

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:43 AM
I see. When you say 'partner'...?

NTTAWWI

Oh nothing like that. They only run for the money.

He has a woman at home, although she does sound like a bit of a nightmare.

IUFG
07-24-2018, 10:44 AM

Sir C and p will bicker endlessly about Springsteen, but will unite savagely against anyone who questions his genius.

fúck me, throw that Weller bloke into the mix and AWIMB becomes a pit of raging testosterone / light on one's feetness.

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:45 AM
How long is your knob, Peter?

If anything it is far, far too short.

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:47 AM

I think it is that most people don't understand his genius. It isnt a terribly obvious one, like a Dylan or a Paul Simon.

I don't blame people for not seeing it. Its just a shame for them.....

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:48 AM
fúck me, throw that Weller bloke into the mix and AWIMB becomes a pit of raging testosterone / light on one's feetness.

I'm not supposed to talk about Weller on here as it causes trouble. This is despite the fact that a) he is clearly a **** and b) he once trod on my foot and didnt apologise.

He is also very good friends with Noel Gallagher. I have said enough....

Burney
07-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Oh nothing like that. They only run for the money.

He has a woman at home, although she does sound like a bit of a nightmare.

That's a point, actually? Are there any homosexes in Springsteen lyrics? What of the ethnic diversity of his characters?

Only I'm a bit worried that he may verge on the hideously white and straight. :-(

IUFG
07-24-2018, 10:53 AM
I think it is that most people don't understand his genius.

I'll consider him a genius when he can program an Akai MPC sequencer.

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:53 AM
That's a point, actually? Are there any homosexes in Springsteen lyrics? What of the ethnic diversity of his characters?

Only I'm a bit worried that he may verge on the hideously white and straight. :-(

Clarence Clemons, dude. The big man. Say no more.... nothing white about the dude...

Some have suggested that Backstreets is about a pair of bummers but I am not convinced. I cant recall an openly gay song but then we don't all have to do that do we?

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:54 AM
I'll consider him a genius when he can program an Akai MPC sequencer.

Fair enough. I will pass the message on

Sir C
07-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Clarence Clemons, dude. The big man. Say no more.... nothing white about the dude...

Some have suggested that Backstreets is about a pair of bummers but I am not convinced. I cant recall an openly gay song but then we don't all have to do that do we?

Yes, given tjhat it's a love song to Terry... :rolleyes:

Ash

Bezos?

He's basically CIA.

Burney

Hmmm. I shall ask Sir C. After all, he's the real Springsteen expert round here.

Sir C
07-24-2018, 10:58 AM
I am glad you are back to being your usual benign self today Sir c
Yesterday you seemed to be slightly terse of mood
I shied away from asking what ails you in the hope that you were merely suffering a rare dog day

Much love
x

Was I really, s? I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I was rather irritated by my cleaning lady. Maybe that was it.

Burney
07-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Was I really, s? I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I was rather irritated by my cleaning lady. Maybe that was it.

What was irritating you?

I quite fancy mine. Although she was telling me about her messy divorce today, which is as effective an ardour-dampener as I can think of.

Peter
07-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Yes, given tjhat it's a love song to Terry... :rolleyes:

It certainly seems to be about a couple of blokes. That I will give you.

I like to think of the theme being far bigger than just a bit of shirtlifting.

Peter
07-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Hmmm. I shall ask Sir C. After all, he's the real Springsteen expert round here.

He is indeed. Virtually a stalker.

Sir C
07-24-2018, 12:22 PM
It certainly seems to be about a couple of blokes. That I will give you.

I like to think of the theme being far bigger than just a bit of shirtlifting.

"Laying here in the dark
You're like an angel on my chest
Just another tramp of hearts
Crying tears of faithlessness"

It seems to me that the very same character had more reason to regret his lover's infidelity some years later in Philadephia.

"The night has fallen, I'm lying awake
I can feel myself fading away
So receive me brother with your faithless kiss
Or will we leave each other alone like this"