PDA

View Full Version : Tortilla chips are ****, arent't they? You approach them hoping for a crisp-like

Burney
07-20-2018, 01:34 PM
experience and are invariably disappointed.

Stupid, corn-based, Mexican cvnts.

WES
07-20-2018, 01:38 PM

Doritos are by far the best of those. However corn chips are meant to be the perfect vehicle for wonders such as Guacamole, Salsa, pickled jalapenos and best of all, melted, processed cheese.

You aren't actually meant to eat them on their own, Burney. :rolleyes:

Peter
07-20-2018, 01:39 PM

Do you make any attempt to eat healthily?

I am getting to an age where I suppose I should start thinking about it.....

Peter
07-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Doritos are by far the best of those. However corn chips are meant to be the perfect vehicle for wonders such as Guacamole, Salsa, pickled jalapenos and best of all, melted, processed cheese.

The chilli doritos are not bad. I dont like any of the others.

Sir C
07-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Do you make any attempt to eat healthily?

I am getting to an age where I suppose I should start thinking about it.....

Surely the healthiest diet is simply one which is varied? To this end I try to accompany my meat with potatoes prepared in a variety of ways, and I rarely eat chips more than three times a day.

Burney
07-20-2018, 01:43 PM

None of those things is worth a toss.

Burney
07-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Surely the healthiest diet is simply one which is varied? To this end I try to accompany my meat with potatoes prepared in a variety of ways, and I rarely eat chips more than three times a day.

Due to allotment issues, I currently have a heavily cabbage, potato (salad and all-rounder), French bean and cucumber orientated diet.

Everyone's getting sick of cucumbers. And French beans.

Is there anything interesting one can do with a cucumber?

Sir C
07-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Due to allotment issues, I currently have a heavily cabbage, potato (salad and all-rounder), French bean and cucumber orientated diet.

Everyone's getting sick of cucumbers. And French beans.

Greek salad innit.

It's amazing the way you revert to your peasant roots, b. I think this settles the argument about nature/nurture forever, as well as conclusively proving that a dog, born in a stable, is still a dog. :nod:

Luis Anaconda
07-20-2018, 01:49 PM

I had a lovely lunch of camembert, chorizo and freshly baked bread. I want chips now

Burney
07-20-2018, 02:00 PM
Greek salad innit.

It's amazing the way you revert to your peasant roots, b. I think this settles the argument about nature/nurture forever, as well as conclusively proving that a dog, born in a stable, is still a dog. :nod:

How rude. And isn't it 'horse' rather than 'dog'? What would a dog be doing in a stable? Dogs live in kennels.

And Greek salad's alright, but it's not what you'd call 'interesting', is it?

I did consider a chilled cucumber soup with cream, but the appearance and apparent consistency were a bit too semeny, so I decided against.

I saw Geoffrey Wellum died, btw. :-(

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:07 PM
How rude. And isn't it 'horse' rather than 'dog'? What would a dog be doing in a stable? Dogs live in kennels.

I did consider a chilled cucumber soup with cream, but the appearance and apparent consistency were a bit too semeny, so I decided against.

Well if a dog were born in a kennel, there would be no question as to its canininity, would there? That's the point. A dog, even if born in a stable, isn't a horse. You, despite being born in civilisation, remain very much the terroni who, given the slightest opportunity, will automatically begin digging holes and shovelling shít into them. It's like Darwin said, it's wossname, natural innit.

Greek salad is one of the Great Salads. The other Great Salads are som tam and Huzarensla.

Lovely man, Geoff. Proper gentleman. He signed my book and everything. :-(

WES
07-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Well if a dog were born in a kennel, there would be no question as to its canininity, would there? That's the point. A dog, even if born in a stable, isn't a horse. You, despite being born in civilisation, remain very much the terroni who, given the slightest opportunity, will automatically begin digging holes and shovelling shít into them. It's like Darwin said, it's wossname, natural innit.

Greek salad is one of the Great Salads. The other Great Salads are som tam and Huzarensla.

Lovely man, Geoff. Proper gentleman. He signed my book and everything. :-(

Son tam :-(

Delicious going in - and then about half an hour later there is a mad dash for the loo as it decides to exit. I wonder if this would stop if I ate more of them?

WES
07-20-2018, 02:11 PM
None of those things is worth a toss.

I shall add this to the mountain of evidence that makes it clear that you have an astonishingly limited palate. :nod:

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Son tam :-(

Delicious going in - and then about half an hour later there is a mad dash for the loo as it decides to exit. I wonder if this would stop if I ate more of them?

When I'm in Thailand I always order my food 'phet maak maak' so they spice it properly and don't give me some sort of bland white man's version. Many years of training have made me impervious to chilli at either end. Recently, however, in a food court in a Bangkok department store, I ate a som tam that was literally like eating flames. My whole face was numb for hours. God alone knows what they put in it, but they weren't ordinary bird's eye chillis.

Luckily, my sphincter seems to be amde of asbestos, for I was troubled not at all later on.

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:16 PM

Balls. I forgot the banana flower salads of Cambodia. They are also Great Salads.

Burney
07-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Balls. I forgot the banana flower salads of Cambodia. They are also Great Salads.

A good Tuna Nicoise is a great salad. Mostly because it contains both meat and potatoes.

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:22 PM
A good Tuna Nicoise is a great salad. Mostly because it contains both meat and potatoes.

:nod: Also egg.

We have also failed to acknowledge the savoury goodness of the Caeser salad, pungent with anchovy and parmesan.

Upon reflections, salad is good.

Burney
07-20-2018, 02:27 PM
:nod: Also egg.

We have also failed to acknowledge the savoury goodness of the Caeser salad, pungent with anchovy and parmesan.

Upon reflections, salad is good.

I do one with parma ham, figs, watercress and apples that is most pleasing.

Naturally, one also has to have a rake of spuds on the side.

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:32 PM
I do one with parma ham, figs, watercress and apples that is most pleasing.

Naturally, one also has to have a rake of spuds on the side.

The Thais have a sensible attitude to salad. Consider the classic 'larb', a sald consisting of minced pork, chillis and some shallots. Not a lettuce leaf, cucumber slice or tomato quarter to be seen.

Burney
07-20-2018, 02:34 PM
The Thais have a sensible attitude to salad. Consider the classic 'larb', a sald consisting of minced pork, chillis and some shallots. Not a lettuce leaf, cucumber slice or tomato quarter to be seen.

Does one not serve it in lettuce leaves? :rubchin:

Sir C
07-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Does one not serve it in lettuce leaves? :rubchin:

I've only ever seen that done here. In Thailand they serve it with sticky rice.

Ash
07-20-2018, 02:36 PM

I can't believe no-one's tapped this one in.

Burney
07-20-2018, 02:39 PM
I can't believe no-one's tapped this one in.

I was surprised, tbh, a. :shrug:

eastgermanautos
07-20-2018, 09:35 PM

That's total BS man. You guys don't know sh!t. Nachos are tha bomb.