PDA

View Full Version : Philippe Senderos

Ash
07-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Andrew Mangan's interview with him on the Arsecast is well worth a listen imo.

Phil comes over as an intelligent and thoughtful man. It would be a great shame if he were to recieve any abuse from Arsenal fans for the way he looked. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-19-2018, 12:05 PM

Phil comes over as an intelligent and thoughtful man. It would be a great shame if he were to recieve any abuse from Arsenal fans for the way he looked. :-(

Big dribbling mongy looking boneheaded retard Swisser **** he was.

IUFG
07-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Big dribbling mongy looking boneheaded retard Swisser **** he was.

I went to a Wigan away game, years ago, Senderos kicked Emile Heskey out of the game and was excellent all game.

I suppose he had to do it once; even a stopped clock and all that...

0-0 :-|

WES
07-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Senderos, Eboue, Flamini and Toure

All slated by our support at one level or another yet I expect that all of us know what they have in common.

Funny ole game.

Sir C
07-19-2018, 12:37 PM

I heard that. It was rather nice, wasn't it? Mind you, I knew Phil was like that already. He's a very intelligent fellow. wd ps.

Sir C
07-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Senderos, Eboue, Flamini and Toure

All slated by our support at one level or another yet I expect that all of us know what they have in common.

Funny ole game.

Is it because they is black?

IUFG
07-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Is it because they is black?

:nod: and forrin

Rich
07-19-2018, 12:56 PM
I went to a Wigan away game, years ago, Senderos kicked Emile Heskey out of the game and was excellent all game.

I suppose he had to do it once; even a stopped clock and all that...

0-0 :-|

Why did you go to Wigan?? :-(

IUFG
07-19-2018, 12:59 PM

We were in the process of blowing the league, r.

Following your team. and all that.

Ash
07-19-2018, 01:04 PM

You've not lived if you haven't been to Wigan, Rich.

Rich
07-19-2018, 01:13 PM

Oh, I've been to Wigan (driven through anyway). I shan't be going back.

Rich
07-19-2018, 01:16 PM

Furthermore, I have a new role on Garlick Hill (near Cannon St tube). Where in the locale should I go to see/drink/have coffee?

IUFG
07-19-2018, 01:17 PM

tbf, the stadium is in/next to an identikit retail park. Could have been anywhere.

Ash
07-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Furthermore, I have a new role on Garlick Hill (near Cannon St tube). Where in the locale should I go to see/drink/have coffee?

If you go down Dowgate Hill next to Cannon Street then keep going down to the Thames you will be walking on the route of the lost river Walbrook. There's a pub at the bottom where you can sit by the Thames and also a tunnel under the railway with an audio loop of the old Hanseatic Steelyard that used to be on that spot.

For my favourite place around there, go up George Yard off Lombard Street to find a maze of alleys and courts, complete with churches, pubs and the first, original coffee house in London.

For a hidden treasure, seek opposite Cannon Street station for a stone set into a cage in a wall near ground level. This is the London Stone, believed to be the central measuring point for distances in Britain in Roman times. More romantically, there is a legend that it is the stone from which King Arthur pulled Excalibur.

PSRB
07-19-2018, 01:57 PM
I heard that. It was rather nice, wasn't it? Mind you, I knew Phil was like that already. He's a very intelligent fellow. wd ps.

Speaks something like 7 languages fluently

Sir C
07-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Speaks something like 7 languages fluently

Yes, but most impressively, he is erudite, reasoned and considered, polite and engaging - like a fully formed, functional human being. The exact opposite, if you will, of the likes of Kane / Rooney / Bergkamp.

Rich
07-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Yes, but most impressively, he is erudite, reasoned and considered, polite and engaging - like a fully formed, functional human being. The exact opposite, if you will, of the likes of Kane / Rooney / Bergkamp.

You what?!

Sir C
07-19-2018, 02:09 PM
You what?!

:shrug: If brains were dynamite Dennis wouldn't blow the wax out of his ears.

Rich
07-19-2018, 02:09 PM
If you go down Dowgate Hill next to Cannon Street then keep going down to the Thames you will be walking on the route of the lost river Walbrook. There's a pub at the bottom where you can sit by the Thames and also a tunnel under the railway with an audio loop of the old Hanseatic Steelyard that used to be on that spot.

For my favourite place around there, go up George Yard off Lombard Street to find a maze of alleys and courts, complete with churches, pubs and the first, original coffee house in London.

For a hidden treasure, seek opposite Cannon Street station for a stone set into a cage in a wall near ground level. This is the London Stone, believed to be the central measuring point for distances in Britain in Roman times. More romantically, there is a legend that it is the stone from which King Arthur pulled Excalibur.

Thank you, A. Very useful.

Tony C
07-19-2018, 02:45 PM
was at his home champions league debut against Bayern no less.

Finished nil-nil but Bayern were already leading from the 1st leg so didn’t apply max pressure and he had good ol Tony Adams next to him.

Still though it made you think he could be a top player for us.

Guess I was fooled by how good TA really was...top class.

Luis Anaconda
07-19-2018, 02:52 PM

Finished nil-nil but Bayern were already leading from the 1st leg so didn’t apply max pressure and he had good ol Tony Adams next to him.

I was at both the Bernabéu and San Siro when we won and he was ace. Shame he got a serious injury just as he joined us. Set him back a bit

IUFG
07-19-2018, 02:53 PM

was this in a parallel universe, t?

Rich
07-19-2018, 02:55 PM
I was at both the Bernabéu and San Siro when we won and he was ace. Shame he got a serious injury just as he joined us. Set him back a bit

Do you not feel he was a leetle beet lumbering oaf?

I understand that Papadopolous is also in this category from having read Twitter.

redgunamo
07-19-2018, 02:59 PM

Yes, that's the trouble with our views on foreigners; they order a pint in a pub in English and we presume they must be a genius as they've clearly mastered the language.

Luis Anaconda
07-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Do you not feel he was a leetle beet lumbering oaf?

I understand that Papadopolous is also in this category from having read Twitter.

Well Raul, Ronaldo and Zidane seemed to struggle to get past him :shrug:

redgunamo
07-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Well Raul, Ronaldo and Zidane seemed to struggle to get past him :shrug:

He won't be playing them every week though. Too old.

Luis Anaconda
07-20-2018, 08:05 AM
He won't be playing them every week though. Too old.

You clearly have never seen the Masters series, r

Peter
07-20-2018, 10:42 AM

I know someone who has met Dennis many times. He is apparently wonderfully polite, articulate, humble and as well mannered as a Dutchman could ever be. As nice a man as you can hope to meet.

Unless you start pulling his shirt or kicking him, obviously. THen he can become a right ****.

In other words, the perfect footballer.

Luis Anaconda
07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
I know someone who has met Dennis many times. He is apparently wonderfully polite, articulate, humble and as well mannered as a Dutchman could ever be. As nice a man as you can hope to meet.

Unless you start pulling his shirt or kicking him, obviously. THen he can become a right ****.

In other words, the perfect footballer.

Damned with faint praise. I mean, I've met Sir C