PDA

View Full Version : Gaucho gone.

Sir C
07-18-2018, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. Overpriced mediocrity.

Monty92
07-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Oh that is good news. Not only was it indeed overpriced mediocrity, but I also once had a massive argument with my ex in the Hampstead branch.

She was kosher, so I suspect she was mainly pissed off with me for taking her there in the first place.

Sir C
07-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Oh that is good news. Not only was it indeed overpriced mediocrity, but I also once had a massive argument with my ex in the Hampstead branch.

She was kosher, so I suspect she was mainly pissed off with me for taking her there in the first place.

Odd to think of a young person in this period of history keeping kosher. It's a bit medieval. Like a young catholic refusing to eat meat on a Friday. Or a muslim not drinking alcohol.

What of classic dishes such as pork and clams in milk? Can a rabbi not grant you an exemption on the grounds of deliciousness?

Monty92
07-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Odd to think of a young person in this period of history keeping kosher. It's a bit medieval. Like a young catholic refusing to eat meat on a Friday. Or a muslim not drinking alcohol.

What of classic dishes such as pork and clams in milk? Can a rabbi not grant you an exemption on the grounds of deliciousness?

I was in Vilnius a couple of weeks ago with a kosher. Much like the Nazis who were welcomed into Lithuania with open arms, the national cuisine - consisting almost exclusively of pork and dumplings - is no friend of the Jews.

Burney
07-18-2018, 01:34 PM
I was in Vilnius a couple of weeks ago with a kosher. Much like the Nazis who were welcomed into Lithuania with open arms, the national cuisine - consisting almost exclusively of pork and dumplings - is no friend of the Jews.

Hungary's similar. Basically, the whole of Eastern Europe is not a Jew-friendly zone, food-wise. And in pretty much every other respect, really.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Hungary's similar. Basically, the whole of Eastern Europe is not a Jew-friendly zone, food-wise. And in pretty much every other respect, really.

of Israel though I reckon Monty could get himself a good kicking in Jerusalem.

barrybueno
07-19-2018, 05:42 PM

I never found those Marx Brothers funny anyway :-)