PDA

View Full Version : As I attempt to fight off signs of old age i.e. dementia, reduced mobility etc etc

WES
07-17-2018, 09:10 AM
I have begun doing two things which are quite new to me. Yoga and crosswords.

Yoga for a supple, bendy body and crosswords to keep testing my mind.

Yesterday I managed to complete the concise Times crossword with only one help from the internet. And anyone that knew that 'Relating to a legendary lyre-player' was 'Orphic' is clearly wrong un.

And yoga makes me feel years younger. I highly recommend both, AWIMB. :cloud9:

7sisters
07-17-2018, 09:15 AM
I’ve been doing one of those, peak brain training apps. It’s a bit more diverse than crosswords.

I have no idea why I’m doing this :shrug:

WES
07-17-2018, 09:17 AM
I’ve been doing one of those, peak brain training apps. It’s a bit more diverse than crosswords.

I have no idea why I’m doing this :shrug:

Because 7sisters, the brain needs exercising just as the body does. Well done. I might have a look at that.

I also do Sudoku when I can be bothered.

Peter
07-17-2018, 09:40 AM

Yesterday I managed to complete the concise Times crossword with only one help from the internet. And anyone that knew that 'Relating to a legendary lyre-player' was 'Orphic' is clearly wrong un.

I have started bumping into things a bit. My balance isn't quite what it was.

I expect to drop down dead in the next five years or so anyway, so I am ****ed if I am going to start doing bleeding yoga.

Burney
07-17-2018, 09:44 AM

Orpheus - literally the only lyre player anyone anywhere could name. :rolleyes:

Sir C
07-17-2018, 09:46 AM

Yoga is excellent for chicks. The glw swears by it.

Chaps run and lift weights.

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2018, 09:52 AM

Also made easier as he should have had the O_P_I_ by then

Burney
07-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Also made easier as he should have had the O_P_I_ by then

He clearly didn't have time for classical literature where he grew up, la. Too busy leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

Ash
07-17-2018, 10:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE

WES
07-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Yoga is excellent for chicks. The glw swears by it.

Chaps run and lift weights.

I do all of that :shrug:

WES
07-17-2018, 11:19 AM

Anyone that knows what a lyre-player is is just as much of a wrong un

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 11:38 AM

Well, quite. I can really understand my lads hardly bothering even going to school nowadays.

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 11:42 AM
He clearly didn't have time for classical literature where he grew up, la. Too busy leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

Doesn't seem to know his Arsenal either. Scarfe is one of us

https://cdn.thestage.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/27122809/Orpheus-in-the-Underworld-Act-1-scene-1-set-design-Gerald-Scarfe.jpg

http://cdn.luxuo.com/2009/03/citroen-c4-arsenal-3.jpg

WES
07-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Well, quite. I can really understand my lads hardly bothering even going to school nowadays.

To learn proper manly subjects like physics and math? We had to take 6 subjects for entry into university back in the day. I took physics, calculus, algebra, functions and relations, chemistry and English. And I only took English because I had to.

Men do science and engineering, women do Arts. I will make a possible exception for history which is a) vaguely manly and b) little master WES's best subject (his report said he had the potential to be a top class historian :cloud9: ).

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 11:49 AM
To learn proper manly subjects like physics and math? We had to take 6 subjects for entry into university back in the day. I took physics, calculus, algebra, functions and relations, chemistry and English. And I only took English because I had to.

Men do science and engineering, women do Arts. I will make a possible exception for history which is a) vaguely manly and b) little master WES's best subject (his report said he had the potential to be a top class historian :cloud9: ).

No, I'd rather they bunked off and went hunting buried treasure in the Caribees or somewhere, to be honest. I even front the score, so long as they don't finger me when their mother starts asking questions.

School is for homos; action and adventure is what young chaps need.

WES
07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
No, I'd rather they bunked off and went hunting buried treasure in the Caribees or somewhere, to be honest. I even front the score, so long as they don't finger me when their mother starts asking questions.

School is for homos; action and adventure is what young chaps need.

OK, so take them out of school and send them to Syria. :shrug:

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 12:09 PM
OK, so take them out of school and send them to Syria. :shrug:

No, you don't send them. The idea is to inspire them to seek out the action themselves, fully understanding that they are breaking all the rules in doing so. And being responsible for the consequences of that.

They've already done Syria anyway.