PDA

View Full Version : I have decided to make my nose work.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 02:56 PM
To this end, I have purchased a nasal irrigator. One adds special salts to water which is then squirted at high pressure up each hooterhole in turn. When the tubes are clear, the water exits via the other nostril, the mouth and the ears. When the nose is blocked... well, don't ask.

Anyway, it's definitely starting to work, but the downside is that sometimes water pools in hidden cavities and then, some time later, one rises from one's desk, or nods one's head, and a pint of water and sinus matter pours out of the nose.

This can be embarrassing. I style it out quite well thogh, I think.

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:02 PM
To this end, I have purchased a nasal irrigator. One adds special salts to water which is then squirted at high pressure up each hooterhole in turn. When the tubes are clear, the water exits via the other nostril, the mouth and the ears. When the nose is blocked... well, don't ask.

Anyway, it's definitely starting to work, but the downside is that sometimes water pools in hidden cavities and then, some time later, one rises from one's desk, or nods one's head, and a pint of water and sinus matter pours out of the nose.

Jesus. Is this recommended by an actual medical professional or have you been talking to witch doctors again? I'm just a little worried by your alarmingly vague talk of 'salts' :rubchin:

Sir C
07-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Jesus. Is this recommended by an actual medical professional or have you been talking to witch doctors again? I'm just a little worried by your alarmingly vague talk of 'salts' :rubchin:

No, it's fine, I bought it off the internet. :thumbup:

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:06 PM
No, it's fine, I bought it off the internet. :thumbup:

Oh, ffs! :rolleyes: You're putting drain cleaner up your nose, aren't you?

I shudder to think what you'd do if you became constipated...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5958843/Worker-killed-colleague-inserts-air-compressor-rear-prank-blasts-insides.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Pat Vegas
07-16-2018, 03:30 PM

ooh I saw this advertised on American telly.
I wonder how uncomfortable it is. it's horrible when water goes up your nose in the swimming pool

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:31 PM
ooh I saw this advertised on American telly.
I wonder how uncomfortable it is. it's horrible when water goes up your nose in the swimming pool

I seem to remember there was a torture where people shook up bottles of Coke and fired them up your nose.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-16-2018, 03:39 PM

So you've decided to squirt toxins directly into the gaping suppurating wound that was once your nose before you paid the price of thirty years of cocaine abuse? This should end well.

Pat Vegas
07-16-2018, 03:42 PM
So you've decided to squirt toxins directly into the gaping suppurating wound that was once your nose before you paid the price of thirty years of cocaine abuse? This should end well.

at least video it imo

Sir C
07-16-2018, 03:43 PM

Would it kill you to be a little encouraging occasionally?

Always with the negative waves, man.

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:43 PM
at least video it imo

I just fear that what's actually happening is that he's destroying what's left of his septum. :-(

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Would it kill you to be a little encouraging occasionally?

Always with the negative waves, man.

What exactly are the active ingredients of this magic potion you've bought off the internet?

Sir C
07-16-2018, 03:46 PM
What exactly are the active ingredients of this magic potion you've bought off the internet?

I don't know, but according to the advert it's the good stuff.

Ash
07-16-2018, 03:46 PM
I seem to remember there was a torture where people shook up bottles of Coke and fired them up your nose.

It was coke fired up the nose where this story started, wasn't it?

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:47 PM
It was coke fired up the nose where this story started, wasn't it?

:hehe: Fair point, tbh.

Burney
07-16-2018, 03:49 PM
I don't know, but according to the advert it's the good stuff.

Is it this? Are you firing salt water up your hooter?

https://www.navage.com/nose-cleaner-nasal-rinse-p/bdl-v-nc-cc.htm

Clean Nose, Healthy LifeŽ! :hehe:

Pat Vegas
07-16-2018, 03:51 PM

sounds like that weird aftershave that Johnny Depp advertises.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 03:54 PM

ooh, I wish I'd got that one! It sucks the junk out, for all love.

I might send off for it as well.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-16-2018, 03:55 PM
I just fear that what's actually happening is that he's destroying what's left of his septum. :-(

His septum!! :hehe: You mean that gossamer thin sheath of decaying flesh that has left him just one snort short of joining the Daniella Westbrook club. Stable doors and horses bolting etc.

Burney
07-16-2018, 04:00 PM
ooh, I wish I'd got that one! It sucks the junk out, for all love.

I might send off for it as well.

Must admit, I’m almost convinced after reading that.

Although think how embarrassing it would be if you accidentally drowned yourself. :-(