PDA

View Full Version : I appreciate that Trump has found quite a lot of ways to annoy people but it doesnt

Peter
07-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Say a lot for the quality of public debate in this country when the best people can do with their placards is 'Big Orange ****'. :)

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:16 AM
Say a lot for the quality of public debate in this country when the best people can do with their placards is 'Big Orange ****'. :)

As someone pointed out the other day, if these people *actually* believed this bloke was the new Hitler, wouldn't the tone of their protests be a bit more fvcking serious? Instead, they are platforms for performative virtue signalling, dressing up and childish name-calling - which suggests they don't believe their own rhetoric for a single fvcking second. Tw@ts.

Peter
07-16-2018, 09:44 AM
As someone pointed out the other day, if these people *actually* believed this bloke was the new Hitler, wouldn't the tone of their protests be a bit more fvcking serious? Instead, they are platforms for performative virtue signalling, dressing up and childish name-calling - which suggests they don't believe their own rhetoric for a single fvcking second. Tw@ts.

New Hitler is a bit strong :hehe::hehe:

I would think the biggest issue would be that he isnt out President. That was another placard I noticed which is at least literally true.

Love him or hate him, we have our own issues to resolve her that are really nothing to do with him and his nonsense.

You have to at least acknowledge that, had he been in charge of Brexit, it could hardly be going any worse than it is.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-16-2018, 09:45 AM

Isn't the bottom line that people, whether they hate Trump or are somewhat indifferent, don't really take him seriously. Even a proportion of those that support him don't really take him seriously, do they?

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:52 AM
New Hitler is a bit strong :hehe::hehe:

I would think the biggest issue would be that he isnt out President. That was another placard I noticed which is at least literally true.

Love him or hate him, we have our own issues to resolve her that are really nothing to do with him and his nonsense.

You have to at least acknowledge that, had he been in charge of Brexit, it could hardly be going any worse than it is.

I like him. I dearly wish we had one.

And there are no shortage of supposedly serious people to tell you he's Hitler and the harbinger of the new rise of fascism. Obviously, these people are idiots, but newspapers keep paying them to come out with this crap. :shrug:

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Isn't the bottom line that people, whether they hate Trump or are somewhat indifferent, don't really take him seriously. Even a proportion of those that support him don't really take him seriously, do they?

No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:00 AM

And there are no shortage of supposedly serious people to tell you he's Hitler and the harbinger of the new rise of fascism. Obviously, these people are idiots, but newspapers keep paying them to come out with this crap. :shrug:

Well, they do need to sell papers/advertising.

One of the funny things about Trump is his constant attack on the press. He is ridiculed for it but surely most of us secretly agree with much of what he says. The sheer variety of media available now means that anything approaching a professional level of journalism is a very small voice in a very large field.

In other words, news is *******s. He is right.

I dont wish we had one of him but I do slightly enjoy seeing someone **** up the political establishment. You keep hearing how difficult he is to control, how unpredictable he is....why should he be controlled? Why should he be predictable?

Is that what we expect from our leaders? Who exactly is supposed to be controlling them?

Obviously, he is still a ****...

Sir C
07-16-2018, 10:01 AM

He is an absolutely obnoxious pig of a human being. Just looking at him makes my skin crawl. His inability to utter a coherent sentence makes me sad and depressed.

None of which makes him a threat to anything, or even a poor politician, or even politically wrong.

It's not necessary to 'like' him in order not to wet your knickers at the mention of him.

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:02 AM
No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.

You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:06 AM
You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.

Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:08 AM
He is an absolutely obnoxious pig of a human being. Just looking at him makes my skin crawl. His inability to utter a coherent sentence makes me sad and depressed.

None of which makes him a threat to anything, or even a poor politician, or even politically wrong.

It's not necessary to 'like' him in order not to wet your knickers at the mention of him.

I 'like' him in the sense I 'like' any politician - in that I believe he is 'a good thing'. That doesn't mean I'd want to go to the pub with him - or even spend a minute in his company.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 10:08 AM
I 'like' him in the sense I 'like' any politician - in that I believe he is 'a good thing'. That doesn't mean I'd want to go to the pub with him - or even spend a minute in his company.

You want to kiss his winkle :-(

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.

Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Well, they do need to sell papers/advertising.

One of the funny things about Trump is his constant attack on the press. He is ridiculed for it but surely most of us secretly agree with much of what he says. The sheer variety of media available now means that anything approaching a professional level of journalism is a very small voice in a very large field.

In other words, news is *******s. He is right.

I dont wish we had one of him but I do slightly enjoy seeing someone **** up the political establishment. You keep hearing how difficult he is to control, how unpredictable he is....why should he be controlled? Why should he be predictable?

Is that what we expect from our leaders? Who exactly is supposed to be controlling them?

Obviously, he is still a ****...

Yes. We have been essentially sold the notion of our leading politicians as interchangeable, platitude-mouthing placemen for so long that we are now incapable of dealing with someone who doesn't censor himself, rocks up and says what he means and does what he says he's going to do. Hence my belief that he is 'a good thing'.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:12 AM
You want to kiss his winkle :-(

A man's winkle is his own private affair and I have no interest in it.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 10:14 AM
A man's winkle is his own private affair and I have no interest in it.

I bet his winkle has loads of wrinkly skin overhanging the nose, like one of those dogs. Is it a type of dog I'm thinking of? Anyway. Wrinkly skin.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:15 AM
I bet his winkle has loads of wrinkly skin overhanging the nose, like one of those dogs. Is it a type of dog I'm thinking of? Anyway. Wrinkly skin.

Sharpei? P would know. He strikes me as the sort to own a weird dog.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Sharpei? P would know. He strikes me as the sort to own a weird dog.

Actually I might be thinking of a dugong.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Actually I might be thinking of a dugong.

Is that like a Manatee?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-16-2018, 10:19 AM
Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

My other half is adamant that he is in the early stages of dementia.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:23 AM
My other half is adamant that he is in the early stages of dementia.

Your other half is a/ a bloke and b/ in the early stages of dementia?

a/ I'm delighted you trust us enough to come out like that. :-)
b/ I'm really terribly sorry. :-(

Ash
07-16-2018, 10:30 AM

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wvPyorVv61E/WoigWP9C0cI/AAAAAAAADS4/0xhw6KFB6Ms-t6ZMqz78gW9WGvEycdW-gCLcBGAs/s1600/Sir%2BHumphrey%2BAppleby.jpg

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Your other half is a/ a bloke and b/ in the early stages of dementia?

a/ I'm delighted you trust us enough to come out like that. :-)
b/ I'm really terribly sorry. :-(

I traded up from your mum.

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:43 AM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wvPyorVv61E/WoigWP9C0cI/AAAAAAAADS4/0xhw6KFB6Ms-t6ZMqz78gW9WGvEycdW-gCLcBGAs/s1600/Sir%2BHumphrey%2BAppleby.jpg

There is nothing wrong with professional guidance.

7sisters
07-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Trump is simply a second hand car salesman.. These guys are all accommodating , will switch opinions, whichever way their audience is leaning and embellish at will, in order to push the deal over the line..

eastgermanautos
07-16-2018, 10:51 AM

What would you have them do?

Monty92
07-16-2018, 11:31 AM
What would you have them do?

Well, given that their current methods of protest are quite possibly making it more likely that he's a re-elected, what would *you* have them do?

Ash
07-16-2018, 12:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with professional guidance.

Except when the guidance is wrong, of course. #DrainTheSwamp

Peter
07-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Except when the guidance is wrong, of course. #DrainTheSwamp

Well almost all guidance is wrong.

But extremely professional. :)

eastgermanautos
07-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Well, given that their current methods of protest are quite possibly making it more likely that he's a re-elected, what would *you* have them do?

I think, violent overthrow of the fascist nation state is a start. So I would advocate a level of militancy unseen since the 1930s.

Ash
07-17-2018, 10:47 AM
I think, violent overthrow of the fascist nation state is a start. So I would advocate a level of militancy unseen since the 1930s.

It really makes me laugh when you weenies go on about Trump being a fascist, blissfully unaware that US Foreign Policy has essentially been fascistic for the last seventy years. Ever since Operation Paperclip stuffed the CIA with ex-nazis, funnily enough.

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 01:42 PM

No, he only found the one way; get elected president. Everyone liked him before that.

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 03:06 PM

Too late for temper tantrums now, e. It is done. The game is up and Ms. Page has been singing like a canary #MAGA

eastgermanautos
07-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Too late for temper tantrums now, e. It is done. The game is up and Ms. Page has been singing like a canary #MAGA

On the contrary my friend. I am organizing a mass strike. That thing with Amazon yesterday? Me.

Ash
07-17-2018, 09:17 PM

Ooh, has she? I missed that. I assume you've seen the creepy Strzok footage. Extraordinary fellow.

redgunamo
07-17-2018, 09:53 PM
Ooh, has she? I missed that. I assume you've seen the creepy Strzok footage. Extraordinary fellow.

Yes. Apparently swore the text messages meant precisely what they appeared to say, and not what the eldritch Mr Stork said they meant. Did you ever get to read up on the chap? Fascinating family and friends he has #Kenya #Iran