PDA

View Full Version : Clues on Saturday about what formation we're likely to use?

Sir C
07-16-2018, 08:00 AM
I'd prefer a solid 4-4-2. Two massive centre halves, two violent fullbacks, two psychotic central midefielders and a pair of tricky wingers. Get it wide, get the wingers to the bye-line and get it into the mixer for the big lad to knock down to the little lad.

Let's get back to doing this thing properly.

#georgeknows

Burney
07-16-2018, 08:25 AM
I'd prefer a solid 4-4-2. Two massive centre halves, two violent fullbacks, two psychotic central midefielders and a pair of tricky wingers. Get it wide, get the wingers to the bye-line and get it into the mixer for the big lad to knock down to the little lad.

#georgeknows

Will there be bullet headers? I :love: a bullet header, me. Goals scored with the feet are OK, I suppose, but a bit effete (effeet?). Nothing touches a good, old-fashioned bullet header.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Will there be bullet headers? I :love: a bullet header, me. Goals scored with the feet are OK, I suppose, but a bit effete (effeet?). Nothing touches a good, old-fashioned bullet header.

If we're talking diving bullet headers I can see where you're coming from. A bullet header where the striker remains erect? Meh #stapleton

Burney
07-16-2018, 08:45 AM
If we're talking diving bullet headers I can see where you're coming from. A bullet header where the striker remains erect? Meh #stapleton

Erect or not, I just like a quick ball in, a powerful impact and the keeper left with no chance.

By contrast, I despise goals scored from glancing headers. Can't see the point of those at all.

Pat Vegas
07-16-2018, 08:58 AM
I thought when Aubameyang arrived it would have a negative effect on Lacazette.

However they are clearly in love with each other :cloud9:

Sir C
07-16-2018, 09:00 AM
I thought when Aubameyang arrived it would have a negative effect on Lacazette.

However they are clearly in love with each other :cloud9:

That, my friend, is because Lacazette has what we term technically 'a kind face'. :cloud9:

Sir C
07-16-2018, 09:01 AM
Erect or not, I just like a quick ball in, a powerful impact and the keeper left with no chance.

By contrast, I despise goals scored from glancing headers. Can't see the point of those at all.

But your actual galncing, diving header is the second best type of goal of all, after the 'outside of the boot curled into the near post' goal.

I'm afraid you don't seem to have got the hang of this yet.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-16-2018, 09:01 AM

#georgeknows

4-3-3/4-2-3-1. What seems clear is there’s a strong bromance between Lacazette and Aubameyang and they have a wonderful partnership developing. I don’t expect this to be broken up so either Mkhitaryan is going to be benched or Xhaka is going to be benched (unless Ramsey is sold). If Ramsey is sold it probably solves a few selection problems.

Pat Vegas
07-16-2018, 09:02 AM
That, my friend, is because Lacazette has what we term technically 'a kind face'. :cloud9:

I hope Lacazette doesn't get jealous when Aubameyang wants to hang out with his Dortmund clique.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Transfer-News-Transfer-Gossip-Arsenal-Transfer-News-Arsenal-News-Lacazette-Arsenal-Alexandre-Lacazette-tweet-Man-United-Tr-590605.jpg

Peter
07-16-2018, 09:03 AM

#georgeknows

Brian Marwood :)

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:05 AM

Perhaps they are actually in love? Think what a forward pairing who are in perfect sexual and spiritual harmony could achieve? :cloud9:

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Brian Marwood :)

I would contend that Brian Marwood had the worst song of any Arsenal player ever.

A sort of tuneless 'Brian, Brian Marwood. Brian Marwood on the wi-ing!'

The dying fall at the end where they clearly couldn't think of anything better was particularly sh1t.

Sir C
07-16-2018, 09:19 AM
Perhaps they are actually in love? Think what a forward pairing who are in perfect sexual and spiritual harmony could achieve? :cloud9:

Try to picture Sunderland and Stapleton making sweet, sweet love :cloud9:

Burney
07-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Try to picture Sunderland and Stapleton making sweet, sweet love :cloud9:

I can't imagine Frank being a sensitive or gentle lover. He'd just spit on the hand and whop it straight up there.

Poor Alan. :cry:

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:04 AM
I would contend that Brian Marwood had the worst song of any Arsenal player ever.

A sort of tuneless 'Brian, Brian Marwood. Brian Marwood on the wi-ing!'

The dying fall at the end where they clearly couldn't think of anything better was particularly sh1t.

I would contend that he probably took the best corners ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

He wasnt far off being completely two-footed either. Tidy little player.

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:13 AM
I would contend that he probably took the best corners ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Sh1t song, though.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-16-2018, 10:17 AM
It was an update of the Geordie Armstrong chant

7sisters
07-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Sh1t song, though.

And, how about

Alan Alan Sun-der-land
Alan Alan Sun-der-land

Now there’s invention

Burney
07-16-2018, 10:41 AM
It was an update of the Geordie Armstrong chant

Bet it was sh1t then, too.

Peter
07-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Sh1t song, though.

Most songs are pretty **** though, arent they. Walking in a Bergkamp wonderland doesn't come close to doing Dennis justice. Its daft....

Luis Anaconda
07-16-2018, 11:11 AM

Indeed - though he did have a bit more to aim for than, say, Santi, who probably would have been equally brilliant with Smith, Adams and Bould piling in

Burney
07-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Indeed - though he did have a bit more to aim for than, say, Santi, who probably would have been equally brilliant with Smith, Adams and Bould piling in

I've just been reminded how angry everyone used to get at TH14 taking all the corners. :hehe:

Peter
07-16-2018, 11:24 AM

I think Santi probably shades it on the general two-footedness, although as he isnt English that is basically cheating.

Luis Anaconda
07-16-2018, 11:49 AM
I've just been reminded how angry everyone used to get at TH14 taking all the corners. :hehe:

:hehe: Yes. Dennis should have been able to take the perfect corner of course. I think he basically saw it as beneath him though

Sir C
07-16-2018, 11:52 AM
And, how about

Alan Alan Sun-der-land
Alan Alan Sun-der-land

Now there’s invention

:cloud9: That was a proper chant, that was.

During that time every player had his name chanted until he waved. Amazing to think, now.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-16-2018, 11:57 AM
One chant fits all

Paaat Je-nnings
Daaaaa-vid Price
Graaaaa-ham Rix

Sir C
07-16-2018, 11:59 AM
One chant fits all

Paaat Je-nnings
Daaaaa-vid Price
Graaaaa-ham Rix

Be fair, there was some invention:

Sta-ple-ton clapclapclap

Not to mention, 'We've got the biggest Willie, in our team' and 'Nice one Sammy...'

Viva Prat Vegas
07-16-2018, 12:05 PM
:thumbup:

I doubt Walford had a chant
Not a printable one anyway