PDA

View Full Version : One can't help wondering whether Emery is going to deploy a midfield diamond.

Sir C
07-11-2018, 01:45 PM
20 years after this formation was fashionable, I still have no idea what it means.

Is it just shorthand for a 41212?

Everyone knows that 433 is best.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-11-2018, 01:48 PM
20 years after this formation was fashionable, I still have no idea what it means.

I think he'll play 4-3-3. You have to assume Ramsey, Xhaka and Torreira will all start. I don't know whether it will be Mkhitaryan or Lacazette that is benched but were i making the choice i'd start Lacazette.

Sir C
07-11-2018, 01:49 PM
I think he'll play 4-3-3. You have to assume Ramsey, Xhaka and Torreira will all start. I don't know whether it will be Mkhitaryan or Lacazette that is benched but were i making the choice i'd start Lacazette.

You realise you're contradicting all the hipster types?

Brave move, bgm.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-11-2018, 01:51 PM
You realise you're contradicting all the hipster types?

Brave move, bgm.

I mean, if we do play a 4-3-3 Ozil is allowed to roam into the middle anyway and Lacazette and Aubameyang will probably take up central positions, so it's probably closer to a diamond :hehe:

Sir C
07-11-2018, 01:53 PM
I mean, if we do play a 4-3-3 Ozil is allowed to roam into the middle anyway and Lacazette and Aubameyang will probably take up central positions, so it's probably closer to a diamond :hehe:

That's the thing with all this concentration on formations. Footballers sort of move around quite a lot.

Luis Anaconda
07-11-2018, 03:08 PM
That's the thing with all this concentration on formations. Footballers sort of move around quite a lot.
You haven't seen Sokratis yet

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-11-2018, 03:12 PM

. . . . . . .

Peter
07-11-2018, 03:28 PM

I am hoping he is going to employ a midfield. That would be a start

IUFG
07-11-2018, 03:35 PM

As long as we don't commit more players ahead of the ball when the opposition are in our half with it, it's an improvement on the last few years

Tony C
07-11-2018, 05:06 PM
My understanding was that it was 4 men in unison but according to Cruyff it was 4 guys working individually on their own roles and trust was key component to keep the shape and achieve the necessary objectives.

:shrug:

My suspicion is he’s leaning towards a back 3

Leno in goal...his best position

Chambers
Sokratis
Monreal

Torreira in the Henderson role

Bellend
Miki
Ramsey
Kolasinac

Aboomerang
Lacazette

So your back 3 with Torreira protecting, wing backs, Ramsey and Miki driving us forward with Auba and Lacazette up front.

Anyways...good night, au revoir, adios, sianara etc etc the googly eyed Turk...cmon Jose make a bid for him please!!!