PDA

View Full Version : Four Osprey helicopters just flew overhead

7sisters
07-10-2018, 03:08 PM
What a weird looking machine that is ?

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:13 PM

I've been looking at these here displays today and they're very nice and everything, but I counted about 26 Typhoons, which is a significant chunk of our operational air force. What happens if Vlad decides today's the day he wants to bomb Scarborough? Is there anyone left to stop him?

Peter
07-10-2018, 03:15 PM
I've been looking at these here displays today and they're very nice and everything, but I counted about 26 Typhoons, which is a significant chunk of our operational air force. What happens if Vlad decides today's the day he wants to bomb Scarborough? Is there anyone left to stop him?

Is there anyone who would want to? Scarborough' biggest gift to the world was David Coverdale, and he was just a **** Ian Gillan.

Sir C
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM

:shrug: He could do that any time between 17:00 on a Friday and 09:00 on Mondays, during which time RAF airfields are closed.

I shít you not. They close for the weekend.

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Is there anyone who would want to? Scarborough' biggest gift to the world was David Coverdale, and he was just a **** Ian Gillan.

Did you ever hear Coverdale speak? He sounded ridiculously posh - despite clearly not being.

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:25 PM
:shrug: He could do that any time between 17:00 on a Friday and 09:00 on Mondays, during which time RAF airfields are closed.

A am agape with amazement. How...just how? Fvckssake, even I work until 5.30 on a Friday!

Peter
07-10-2018, 03:26 PM

So if the russians were to invade we would rather they did it during office hours?

IUFG
07-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Those things that all set off from Ipswich this morning?

They made a terrible racket.

Peter
07-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Did you ever hear Coverdale speak? He sounded ridiculously posh - despite clearly not being.

Hmmm, yes. He used to refer to Ritchie Blackmore as Riccardo. I have no idea why.

**** (him, not Ritchie)

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:29 PM
So if the russians were to invade we would rather they did it during office hours?

To be fair, attacking when everyone's watching the World Cup is EXACTLY the sort of sneaky trick I'd expect Ivan to pull - particularly now they've been knocked out. We need to be on full alert from 7pm tomorrow imo.

Sir C
07-10-2018, 03:35 PM
A am agape with amazement. How...just how? Fvckssake, even I work until 5.30 on a Friday!

:shrug: They even have the opening hours printed on civilian charts, so you can see when you don't need to bother avoiding their airspace.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 03:38 PM
:shrug: They even have the opening hours printed on civilian charts, so you can see when you don't need to bother avoiding their airspace.

Yes, but the good ole USoA airplane boys keep flying around here.

Well, they seem to like sending over their Apache gunship thingies over our house at 2 in the fúcking morning (including weekends).
And no, Mr Yanqui, the stealth mode isn't very fúcking stealthy.

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Yes, but the good ole USoA airplane boys keep flying around here.

Well, they seem to like sending over their Apache gunship thingies over our house at 2 in the fúcking morning (including weekends).
And no, Mr Yanqui, the stealth mode isn't very fúcking stealthy.

Those are probably our Apaches, tbf.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Those are probably our Apaches, tbf.

Dunno tbh, both US and RAF are are stationed at both Lakenheath and Mildenhall...

I'd rather blames the 'merkins for disturbing my sleep, if you don't mind.