PDA

View Full Version : So the pikeys have moved into a village just over from me

WES
07-10-2018, 08:09 AM
about a week ago.

There will be no more cricket in Shalford until the 25 or so caravans currently occupying the cricket green are gone. Lord knows what effect the caravan parked on the wicket is having. Normally there is a cricket match several times during the week in the late afternoon and then one on each of Saturday and Sunday. But no more. And the football pitch next to the cricket pitch is no longer available as it is also packed with them.

I'm guessing the burglary rate in the area has gone up, as I discovered a few weeks ago. Question is, how can it take so long for the council to get rid of them? Surely they have no right to stay and the old bill can just come around and evict?

Seems strange they can stay so long.

Sir C
07-10-2018, 08:18 AM
about a week ago.

There will be no more cricket in Shalford until the 25 or so caravans currently occupying the cricket green are gone. Lord knows what effect the caravan parked on the wicket is having. Normally there is a cricket match several times during the week in the late afternoon and then one on each of Saturday and Sunday. But no more. And the football pitch next to the cricket pitch is no longer available as it is also packed with them.

I'm guessing the burglary rate in the area has gone up, as I discovered a few weeks ago. Question is, how can it take so long for the council to get rid of them? Surely they have no right to stay and the old bill can just come around and evict?

Like Noriega being forced out of the embassy by loud rock music, perhaps you could be employed to bellow at them until they decidee to move on to quieter surroundings.

WES
07-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Like Noriega being forced out of the embassy by loud rock music, perhaps you could be employed to bellow at them until they decidee to move on to quieter surroundings.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

IUFG
07-10-2018, 08:33 AM

Because no-one really wants to challenge them about it.

No wonder they do what the fúck they like and think they are above the law.

And that'll be the cricket square fúcked for a year :cricket:

WES
07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Because no-one really wants to challenge them about it.

No wonder they do what the fúck they like and think they are above the law.

And that'll be the cricket square fúcked for a year :cricket:

Really? I'm pretty sure the Shalford Cricket Club will have complained almost immediately. What I don't understand is what the process is to get rid of them and how long it should take. Surely there must be a law against living on public land? Aren't they at the very least trespassing and that is easily enforceable?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-10-2018, 08:41 AM
about a week ago.

folk who have elected to live as free spirits unfettered by the norms and mores of the bourgeois tyranny.

Even worse than the thieving vermin themselves will be the army of SJW's from middle class backgrounds that will soon descend upon you all in force to defend them.

Don't leave anything valuable in your garden shed. They just tool up and smash their way in and take what they want, safe in the knowledge the police won't be along any time soon because, well, there are no police.

Pity the poor feckers that actually live by the green.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Really? I'm pretty sure the Shalford Cricket Club will have complained almost immediately. What I don't understand is what the process is to get rid of them and how long it should take. Surely there must be a law against living on public land? Aren't they at the very least trespassing and that is easily enforceable?

trespass to land is a civil issue, not a criminal act.

no criminal act = no sense of urgency

Peter
07-10-2018, 08:53 AM
trespass to land is a civil issue, not a criminal act.

no criminal act = no sense of urgency

It can be a crime under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. Of course, the police don't want anything to do with it and will want to leave it to the Council, so it will be months before anything happens.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 08:56 AM
It can be a crime under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. Of course, the police don't want anything to do with it and will want to leave it to the Council, so it will be months before anything happens.

Ah, only when the purpose of the gathering tresspassers is to cause 'nuisance' or 'illegal' in itself - rave, hunt sabotage, etc. ****s. :repetitivebeats: :music:

WES
07-10-2018, 08:56 AM

I just read an article which seems a bit of a contradiction, for instance there is this bit:

'The council or landowner can contact the police if a traveller site is trespassing and they can be immediately evicted from the site if there are two or more people, they have six or more vehicles parked on the land or one of them has caused damage or behaved in a threatening or abusive manner.'

However later on it says that the council will have to go through the courts etc etc. Given that they are preventing cricket being played on the green I'd think the council will push it but as you say, sounds like it could take months.

Peter
07-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Ah, only when the purpose of the gathering tresspassers is to cause 'nuisance' or 'illegal' in itself - rave, hunt sabotage, etc. ****s. :repetitivebeats: :music:

They are preventing cricket from being played. What could be more of a nuisance than that???

IUFG
07-10-2018, 09:03 AM
They are preventing cricket from being played. What could be more of a nuisance than that???

In that case, they are doing a public service. wd the diddycoys imo :judge: :cricket:

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2018, 09:09 AM
I just read an article which seems a bit of a contradiction, for instance there is this bit:

'The council or landowner can contact the police if a traveller site is trespassing and they can be immediately evicted from the site if there are two or more people, they have six or more vehicles parked on the land or one of them has caused damage or behaved in a threatening or abusive manner.'

However later on it says that the council will have to go through the courts etc etc. Given that they are preventing cricket being played on the green I'd think the council will push it but as you say, sounds like it could take months.
Surely you live in the sort of village where the Lord of the Manor is friends* with the Chief Constable.

*in the Masons with

IUFG
07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Surely you live in the sort of village where the Lord of the Manor is friends* with the Chief Constable.

*in the Masons with

It's Surrey, la.

The Lord of the Manor will be probably be a gangster*, so it will get sorted anyway.

* or banker. same thing really.

redgunamo
07-10-2018, 09:17 AM
about a week ago.

These fellows love their coursing, so first things first, any half-decent hounds you have about the place; keep them safe and out of sight for the duration.

Of course, ordinarily, you'd have enough hunting rifles and M16s ready, available and in good regular, working order so the swaggering gippos give your sleepy village a miss in the first place. As it is, it seems you're going to have to pay them off if you want them away quickly, if only to the next village along. That always works; it's a good little earner for them.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-10-2018, 09:35 AM
about a week ago.

We had pikeys move in to the park behind my house last year. They were gone within 24 hours. The police did their job very well.

Burney
07-10-2018, 11:15 AM
about a week ago.

It's all the fault of lefty do-gooders, WES. Back in the good old days, the gamekeepers and dogs would have been set on them and they'd have been burned out if they didn't get the hint. Now we have to pretend that inveterate criminality and indigence constitutes a 'culture' and has to be respected.

Did you read about the brewery they destroyed up in Lancashire while the police stood aside and did fvck all? The sort of story that makes you think Hitler had a point when it came to these cvnts. :furious:

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2018/05/travellers-cause-100k-worth-of-damage-at-brewery/

IUFG
07-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Did you read about the brewery they destroyed up in Lancashire while the police stood aside and did fvck all?
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2018/05/travellers-cause-100k-worth-of-damage-at-brewery/

Any arrests been made, I wonder? :rubchin:

Burney
07-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Any arrests been made, I wonder? :rubchin:

They eventually arrested five of the 100 who trashed the place - but only after being publicly shamed into doing so. Useless plod cvnts.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 11:30 AM
They eventually arrested five of the 100 who trashed the place - but only after being publicly shamed into doing so. Useless plod cvnts.

the real crime here being the waste of 1,700 pints of beer, of course.

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:03 PM
It's all the fault of lefty do-gooders, WES. Back in the good old days, the gamekeepers and dogs would have been set on them and they'd have been burned out if they didn't get the hint. Now we have to pretend that inveterate criminality and indigence constitutes a 'culture' and has to be respected.

Did you read about the brewery they destroyed up in Lancashire while the police stood aside and did fvck all? The sort of story that makes you think Hitler had a point when it came to these cvnts. :furious:

'Hitler had a point'......

:hehe::hehe:

WES
07-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Two other parts of the article:

'If they are parked on council land a representative with visit the site and will assess whether they should be moved on or not.
A council rep will need to consider how long they are planning to stay, if anyone is ill, elderly or pregnant - it could be a risk to move them - and any safety issues that affect the site, for example, if it is by a railway line.'

and finally:

'The council may provide facilities such as portable toilets and bin bags for rubbish for the travellers and they would be charged a small fee.
Travellers can ask the council to provide these facilities in the interests of public health.'

Ash
07-10-2018, 01:12 PM
'Hitler had a point'......

:hehe::hehe:

Of course for Hitler, Gipsies were just one of the ethnic groups he wanted to destroy or enslave, alongside Jews, Serbs, Poles and Russians. I don't think his policies were based on travellers parking up on cricket pitches.

Anyway, aren't many of these geographically-non-localised-folks Irish in extraction?

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:13 PM

'If they are parked on council land a representative with visit the site and will assess whether they should be moved on or not.
A council rep will need to consider how long they are planning to stay, if anyone is ill, elderly or pregnant - it could be a risk to move them - and any safety issues that affect the site, for example, if it is by a railway line.'

and finally:

'The council may provide facilities such as portable toilets and bin bags for rubbish for the travellers and they would be charged a small fee.
Travellers can ask the council to provide these facilities in the interests of public health.'

Petrol bombs would be quicker, cheaper and more effective. :shrug:

redgunamo
07-10-2018, 01:13 PM
We had pikeys move in to the park behind my house last year. They were gone within 24 hours. The police did their job very well.

Yes, the authorities can move fast, if they want to. Often, they are in on the scam. They take public cash "off budget" and split the winnings with the pikeys. They then wave them off on their merry way and everybody's happy.

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Of course for Hitler, Gipsies were just one of the ethnic groups he wanted to destroy or enslave, alongside Jews, Serbs and Russians. I don't think his policies were based on travellers parking up on cricket pitches.

Anyway, aren't many of these geographically-non-localised-folks Irish in extraction?

Why do people always miss the Poles off of Hitler's hit list? He ****ing despised them and killed more of them than any other nationality.

I dont really know where the gyppos are from. There isa definite irishness to the accent in most cases...

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:17 PM

and finally:

Bin bags?

So they are not expected to recycle like the rest of us?

****ing joke....

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Of course for Hitler, Gipsies were just one of the ethnic groups he wanted to destroy or enslave, alongside Jews, Serbs and Russians. I don't think his policies were based on travellers parking up on cricket pitches.

I'm very much of the opinion that you have to play every ball on its merits, a. Just because a man's a genocidal maniac doesn't always make him wrong, does it? Thus:

Jews? 'No. That was bang out of order.'
Slavs? 'No. Absolutely not.'
Homosexualists? 'Of course not. Great bunch of lads.'
Gypsies? 'Weeeeeeell, I can see where you're coming from...'

And no. They're tinkers. As much loathed in Ireland as they are here.

redgunamo
07-10-2018, 01:21 PM

Some little argy-bargy is just part of the negotiating process. As you suggest, sympathy for the interlopers can outweigh the wish to simply be rid of them. But there's always a point when people say, "Enough's enough; just get them away from here!" Then, no-one cares how much it costs.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-10-2018, 01:21 PM
"Last edited by Ash; Today at 02:16 PM. Reason: Peter said so."

:hehe:

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Why do people always miss the Poles off of Hitler's hit list? He ****ing despised them and killed more of them than any other nationality.

I dont really know where the gyppos are from. There isa definite irishness to the accent in most cases...

I just lump the Poles in with his general Slavophobia, tbh. They all p1ss in the the same pot, really, don't they?

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:25 PM
I just lump the Poles in with his general Slavophobia, tbh. They all p1ss in the the same pot, really, don't they?

You could argue it wasnt personal, he just identified the cities as suitable for resettlement with germans.

I mean, it is probably easier to produce a list of the people he did like.

Ash
07-10-2018, 01:28 PM

I have edited my post for you. :-)

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities than Russian but how many on each side were combatants or not? Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into. :-(

Sir C
07-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities than Russian but how many on each side were combatants or not? Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into. :-(

He had a proper go at the Ukraine. Sonderabteilungen right left and centre round those parts :-(

Ash
07-10-2018, 01:31 PM
I mean, it is probably easier to produce a list of the people he did like.

Croats. :hehe:

Mind you, even the Nazis were appalled at the brutality of the Ustasha.

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:31 PM

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities but how many on each side were combatants or not. Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into. :-(

Given that his was a campaign of racist murder, I think it's more useful to count them by ethnicity than by nationality. It also helps in de-duping the list.

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:33 PM
He had a proper go at the Ukraine. Sonderabteilungen right left and centre round those parts :-(

Yes. Of course they were only killing the ones Stalin's Holomodor had left alive. Can't blame the poor b@stards for having initially welcomed the Nazis as liberators. :-(

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Croats. :hehe:

Mind you, even the Nazis were appalled at the brutality of the Ustasha.

And Bosnian Muslims, tbf. There was a division of them in the SS. They wore :cooper: - which always seemed strangely incongruent.

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:35 PM

I think I was referring to non combat slaughter but you are right. It doesnt really matter does it.

Sir C
07-10-2018, 01:36 PM
Yes. Of course they were only killing the ones Stalin's Holomodor had left alive. Can't blame the poor b@stards for having initially welcomed the Nazis as liberators. :-(

Have I previously recommended the Philip Kerr 'Bernie Gunther' series?

I demand you get stuck into it.

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Have I previously recommended the Philip Kerr 'Bernie Gunther' series?

I demand you get stuck into it.

My dad loves them, too and gave me the first three books for my birthday. I've just finished one on the Spanish Flu and am on that Travellers In The Third Reich effort and then I'm into them.

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:49 PM
I think I was referring to non combat slaughter but you are right. It doesnt really matter does it.

It does sort of matter. If you don't distinguish between combat deaths and acts of genocide, you could argue that he killed 6 million Germans.

Peter
07-10-2018, 01:52 PM
It does sort of matter. If you don't distinguish between combat deaths and acts of genocide, you could argue that he killed 6 million Germans.

Ok, I have opened up something of a hornet's nest here :)

My original point was that he killed a lot of Poles and I think they deserve a mention.

I was lectured in the pub at the weekend by a German on how we treat people from eastern europe. How far are you allowed to go in answering that? :)

Burney
07-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Ok, I have opened up something of a hornet's nest here :)

My original point was that he killed a lot of Poles and I think they deserve a mention.

I was lectured in the pub at the weekend by a German on how we treat people from eastern europe. How far are you allowed to go in answering that? :)

Oh, I had to take a fvcking kraut to task on Twitter recently when he sneered that the British don't travel very well and he prefers them 'in their natural habitat'. Needless to say, p, I went in two-footed, pointing out that I was sure that much of Europe wished Germans had remained 'in their natural habitat' during the 20th Century and that we had to leave our 'natural habitat' twice in 30 years in order to stop his lot murdering everyone. He seemed surprised that I would bring up something so gauche as his nation's remarkable record of mass murder and accused me of 'living in the past'. Cvnt.

I really think we're beyond the apologetic German these days. They now think it should all be forgiven and forgotten and expect everyone to go along with this. Not on my fvcking watch.

Ash
07-10-2018, 02:03 PM
And Bosnian Muslims, tbf. There was a division of them in the SS. They wore :cooper: - which always seemed strangely incongruent.

Yup. The Handzar, with close ties to the Hitler's chum the Mutfi of Jerusalem, later the mentor of Yasser Arafat. Alija Izetbegovic was one of them, and as leader of the Bosnian Muslims in the 90s set up an army division, commanded by Islamists from Albania, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Arab countries. He called it Handzar too.

http://www.emperors-clothes.com/bosnia/han1.jpg
http://www.emperors-clothes.com/bosnia/han14.jpg

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes, the authorities can move fast, if they want to. Often, they are in on the scam. They take public cash "off budget" and split the winnings with the pikeys. They then wave them off on their merry way and everybody's happy.

That is certainly not Cricket, red?

Peter
07-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Oh, I had to take a fvcking kraut to task on Twitter recently when he sneered that the British don't travel very well and he prefers them 'in their natural habitat'. Needless to say, p, I went in two-footed, pointing out that I was sure that much of Europe wished Germans had remained 'in their natural habitat' during the 20th Century and that we had to leave our 'natural habitat' twice in 30 years in order to stop his lot murdering everyone. He seemed surprised that I would bring up something so gauche as his nation's remarkable record of mass murder and accused me of 'living in the past'. Cvnt.

I really think we're beyond the apologetic German these days. They now think it should all be forgiven and forgotten and expect everyone to go along with this. Not on my fvcking watch.

I pointed out that, ironically, for a lot of british people the idea of being told what to do, how to think and who to let into their country by Germans was a huge motivating factor in the leave vote. And that our record on immigration stands favourably alongside pretty much anyone else's.

Now, this didnt go down well with those around me, particularly with one chap who got quite irate. People get very angry when you suggest, even for a moment, that britain has generally proved to be a pretty welcoming place for immigrants for quite some time.

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:18 PM
I pointed out that, ironically, for a lot of british people the idea of being told what to do, how to think and who to let into their country by Germans was a huge motivating factor in the leave vote. And that our record on immigration stands favourably alongside pretty much anyone else's.

Now, this didnt go down well with those around me, particularly with one chap who got quite irate. People get very angry when you suggest, even for a moment, that britain has generally proved to be a pretty welcoming place for immigrants for quite some time.

:nod: Our record on acceptance of and behaviour towards our immigrant population compares very favourably with pretty much any other European country you care to name. The Germans seem to think the fact that they have recently let a million or so keen rapists into their country recently gives them some kind of moral dunghill from which to crow. Pricks.

Peter
07-10-2018, 03:30 PM
:nod: Our record on acceptance of and behaviour towards our immigrant population compares very favourably with pretty much any other European country you care to name. The Germans seem to think the fact that they have recently let a million or so keen rapists into their country recently gives them some kind of moral dunghill from which to crow. Pricks.

They kind of need some credit in the bank so I do understand that. However, they do not get to spend it here, and certainly not with me.

To the people around me drivelling on about immigrationover the past 10 or 15 years I did point out that London has coped admirably with wave after wave of immigration for a century. Just because a bunch of ****kickers in rural Essex are hearing their first foreign accents it doesnt mean the rest of us are.

Burney
07-10-2018, 03:40 PM
They kind of need some credit in the bank so I do understand that. However, they do not get to spend it here, and certainly not with me.

To the people around me drivelling on about immigrationover the past 10 or 15 years I did point out that London has coped admirably with wave after wave of immigration for a century. Just because a bunch of ****kickers in rural Essex are hearing their first foreign accents it doesnt mean the rest of us are.

The thing is that that argument (which is one I've smugly reeled off myself in the past) is rather undercut by the sheer numbers and by the misapprehension that London and the rest of the UK are in any way similar. The number of immigrants who have come into this country since 2000 is emphatically not the relative trickle that came since 1945. It is possible to cope with the pre-2000 numbers quite easily. The post-2000 numbers are unprecedented in our history, however, and not easily coped with.

The other fact is that London has been able to 'cope' because it is one of the wealthiest cities on earth and attracts a disproportionate amount of investment in its infrastructure. Other parts of the UK have never received anything like that level of investment and simply cannot cope with the need to house, educate and attend medically to these numbers of people. So you're not comparing like with like.

Ash
07-10-2018, 03:45 PM
I don't remember ever having to step over quite so many people in London tbh.

redgunamo
07-10-2018, 05:00 PM

They're rather like fat cvunts who completely fall to pieces when you call them fat cvnts. Then it occurs to you that nobody ever calls them that, do they.