PDA

View Full Version : Wilshere's at West Ham, apparently.

Sir C
07-09-2018, 01:16 PM
How can we have let that happen?

It's a fúcking disgrace.

Ash
07-09-2018, 01:19 PM

It's a fúcking disgrace.

What's wrong, Sir C?

Employee decided to turn to a new chapter in a new workplace. :shrug:

Sir C
07-09-2018, 01:21 PM
What's wrong, Sir C?

Employee decided to turn to a new chapter in a new workplace. :shrug:

He wasn't an employee, he was a member of The Arsenal Family.

Once a Gunner, always a Gunner. You know the drill.

IUFG
07-09-2018, 01:28 PM

It's a fúcking disgrace.

Thanks and good luck, etc, JW

in other words, meh.

Tony C
07-09-2018, 02:06 PM
#Brexit

English talent gone for the sake of a googly eyed German-Turkish Primadonna.

AFC East
07-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Bad news Sir C. The Arsenal we all knew and loved is no more. In case you missed it, it expired a few months ago.

Peter
07-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Bad news Sir C. The Arsenal we all knew and loved is no more. In case you missed it, it expired a few months ago.

Pah!

THe Arsenal we all knew and loved played at Highbury, was run by Hill-woods, was occasionally competitive, rented a training ground from UCL.

Arsene destroyed plenty of aspects of our club's traditions and made us better. His departure will hopefully do the same.

If I was going to select one point where the Arsenal I grew up with finally died it would be the day we sold out to the Yank.

Burney
07-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Pah!

THe Arsenal we all knew and loved played at Highbury, was run by Hill-woods, was occasionally competitive, rented a training ground from UCL.

Arsene destroyed plenty of aspects of our club's traditions and made us better. His departure will hopefully do the same.

If I was going to select one point where the Arsenal I grew up with finally died it would be the day we sold out to the Yank.

:nod: I said that and was roundly abused for it.

Sir C
07-09-2018, 03:06 PM

In a way it died the day they knocked down the North Bank and built that hideous monstrosity covered in seats. :cry:

Ash
07-09-2018, 03:08 PM

Right. "Get back to Croydon, Palace-boy" and so on.

7sisters
07-09-2018, 03:09 PM
His natural home tbf.. A sort of, midfield Julian Dicks.. They will love him over there, trust me on this one.

Peter
07-09-2018, 03:10 PM

And quite right too :p

Ash
07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
In a way it died the day they knocked down the North Bank and built that hideous monstrosity covered in seats. :cry:

I expect some said the same on the day that the Spion Kop replaced the pile of old carts behind the goal in Plumstead, or when the East Stand was built.

Burney
07-09-2018, 03:22 PM
His natural home tbf.. A sort of, midfield Julian Dicks.. They will love him over there, trust me on this one.

Julian Dicks was a strange one. They absolutely loved him and I assumed for years that he was a dyed-in-the-wool cockerney hardman, since he absolutely looked the part. Then I heard him interviewed and he had this soft, lilting Bristol accent. It absolutely ruined the whole image for me.

AFC East
07-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Pah!

The Arsenal of my childhood is not something we'd want back, at least not on the pitch.

I'd say the Yank sell out was the mortal blow, but the final breath was AW's departure.

Sir C
07-09-2018, 03:26 PM
The Arsenal of my childhood is not something we'd want back, at least not on the pitch.

I'd say the Yank sell out was the mortal blow, but the final breath was AW's departure.

Here is wisdom :nod:

AFC East
07-09-2018, 03:26 PM
I expect some said the same on the day that the Spion Kop replaced the pile of old carts behind the goal in Plumstead, or when the East Stand was built.

In a sense, the building of the East Stand was the day the club became an adult. (Analogy is wearing thin here)

IUFG
07-09-2018, 03:58 PM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/15/4E0FCADE00000578-5934009-image-a-10_1531145030087.jpg

7sisters
07-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Surely, the day GG was sacked? Like the Yank, let's not forget that Wenger may have been a visionary but at source, still an interloper bearing none of the clubs dna.
Once a positive force but ultimately ousted through diminishing returns.
The club is simply continuing along that path. I make no distinction between foreign owner or foreign coach in respect of the clubs traditions.

Ash
07-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Meanwhile, England's captain, leader and heartbeat celebrates the Invincibles.

Burney
07-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Meanwhile, England's captain, leader and heartbeat celebrates the Invincibles.

Christ, he was an ugly cvnt even then.

AFC East
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Surely, the day GG was sacked?

The club is simply continuing along that path. I make no distinction between foreign owner or foreign coach in respect of the clubs traditions.

Yeah like Billy Wright was Arsenal through and through....

Tony C
07-10-2018, 04:57 PM
I see he’s admitted to being West Ham through and through...his boyhood team.

Not sure about the Wakanda Forever salute but there you go :shrug:

At least he hasn’t done the cringeworthy once a gunner always gunner line that the likes of Cesc churned out.