PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me where you’re at with Brexit?

Billy Goat Sverige
07-09-2018, 09:13 AM
I see Davis has resigned because May is going with a soft brexit. How soft are we talking here? So soft that the referendum might as well have not happened?

Sir C
07-09-2018, 09:15 AM
I see Davis has resigned because May is going with a soft brexit. How soft are we talking here? So soft that the referendum might as well have not happened?

:nod: Entirely soft. One hesitates to leap on the hyperbole bus, but what is going on is a serious betrayal of democracy.

Politicians: shameless ****s.

WES
07-09-2018, 09:18 AM

It's all terribly clear BGS - Brexit means Brexit and that's what 51.9% of the people voted for so that's what we're going to get.

Simples. :nod:

Ash
07-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Vassal state of the EU imo.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
07-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Vote of no confidence in May imminent. Leadership challenge which she won't survive, general election with a hung parliament and no party able to form a coalition...
Quite where this leads re Brexit is anyone's guess :shrug:

Sir C
07-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Vote of no confidence in May imminent. Leadership challenge which she won't survive, general election with a hung parliament and no party able to form a coalition...
Quite where this leads re Brexit is anyone's guess :shrug:

We are actually at risk of a Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott government.

Just let that sink in.

Peter
07-09-2018, 09:45 AM
:nod: Entirely soft. One hesitates to leap on the hyperbole bus, but what is going on is a serious betrayal of democracy.

Politicians: shameless ****s.

So it turns out that the mantra 'Brexit means brexit' was total ****ing *******s after all.

Who would have thought it?*

*pretty much everyone.

07-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Just let that sink in.

I will.

:cloud9:

Sir C
07-09-2018, 09:52 AM
I will.

:cloud9:

Maniac or dole-sponger?

Ash
07-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Just let that sink in.

I'm not sure whether Labour can gain a majority with just the metropolitan middle class votes alone.

After all, which parties will represent working-class leave voters?

Conservative: Mostly Remainer Party
Labour: Solid Remainer Party
Lib Dems: Fanatical Remainer Party

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-09-2018, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure whether Labour can gain a majority with just the metropolitan middle class votes alone.

More importantly, who will represent the swivel eyed lunatic fringe of AWIMB (c & b)?

Sir C
07-09-2018, 10:06 AM

Plenty of Tory voters will refuse to vote for this version of the party. I very much doubt they'll vote for Corbyn either, but they could end up letting him in.

Burney
07-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Just let that sink in.

They've tested the 'Stick with us or you'll get Corbyn' thing to destruction now. The grassroots of the tory party are furious and if May tries going to the country on the basis of the Chequers deal, she will lose. She either has to change the deal or step down to stop that happening.

07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Maniac or dole-sponger?

Neither. Horny-handed son of the soil who has worked hard since the age of 7, never taken a day sick or much in the way of holidays and still can't afford much more than an outbuilding to subsist in. Jezza and Johnny will sort all that out :D

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-09-2018, 10:41 AM
So it turns out that the mantra 'Brexit means brexit' was total ****ing *******s after all.

Who would have thought it?*

*pretty much everyone.

'Brexit means brexit' is a brilliant mantra. It is so ambiguous that May can now claim she has delivered on it.

Pat Vegas
07-09-2018, 10:48 AM

semi finals.

Peter
07-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Which is why elections are going to be so difficult to call. Leave/remain dominates discussion but crosses party lines and not with the same strength of purpose as the natural majority in many areas. It means potentially hundreds of seats up for grabs that would normally be safe.

Brexit is redefining british politics. Of course, the working class can still **** off :)

Ash
07-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Neither. Horny-handed son of the soil who has worked hard since the age of 7, never taken a day sick or much in the way of holidays and still can't afford much more than an outbuilding to subsist in. Jezza and Johnny will sort all that out :D

A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.

Sir C
07-09-2018, 12:26 PM
A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.

I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?

Ash
07-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Which is why elections are going to be so difficult to call. Leave/remain dominates discussion but crosses party lines and not with the same strength of purpose as the natural majority in many areas. It means potentially hundreds of seats up for grabs that would normally be safe.

Brexit is redefining british politics. Of course, the working class can still **** off :)

UKIP will presumably make a return. When will EUphiles learn that when the notion of national self-determination is shunned by all of the bien pensant it creates space for the nationalist parties which have them clutching their pearls?

7sisters
07-09-2018, 12:30 PM
A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that shows the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.

No one appears to be promoting the prospect of civil war. Lines drawn between both sides of the divide. Traditionalist right wing crusties against the wailing wets, comprised mostly of middle class do-gooders and the great unwashed, marching in union.
It's almost cable street relived.... Almost.

Ash
07-09-2018, 12:35 PM
I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?

Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. :shrug: Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.

Ash
07-09-2018, 12:41 PM
No one appears to be promoting the prospect of civil war. Lines drawn between both sides of the divide. Traditionalist right wing crusties against the wailing wets, comprised mostly of middle class do-gooders and the great unwashed, marching in union.
It's almost cable street relived.... Almost.

Where have you been, 7s? The "middle class do-gooders" despise the great unwashed as much as the traditional old Bufton-Tufton right did.

Sir C
07-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. :shrug: Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.

Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.

07-09-2018, 12:44 PM

Sorry - been out milking the chickens. I'm quite happy for J&J to put everyone who earns >£60k pa up against the wall, shoot them and redistribute the wealth. That's what they're going to do isn't it? I read it in the Daily Mail.

Ash
07-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.

Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper. :-D

Sir C
07-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper. :-D

You may find the prospect of a brutal Stalinist dictatorship amusing, a. Having witnessed such societies at first hand, I don't mind admitting that I am piíss-terrified of Comrades Jeremy and John.

Peter
07-09-2018, 12:56 PM
UKIP will presumably make a return. When will EUphiles learn that when the notion of national self-determination is shunned by all of the bien pensant it creates space for the nationalist parties which have them clutching their pearls?

Our electoral system has always sufficiently distorted the national vote to make this irrelevant in terms of office, and will continue to do so. We will get some sort of Brexit but not one that anyone really wanted. I think that is fair.

WES
07-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Failed to stimulate the economy while getting spending under control; if there's a way to do both you should let the powers that be know as historically it's been pretty difficult to manage that especially in a low rate, low growth global economy.

And austerity was hardly unwarranted given that Blair/Brown et al spending money like drunken sailors contributed to us not being able to recover as easily from the financial crisis. As opposed to - say - Canada, who managed their budget effectively during the good times so that the impact of the crisis was much smaller.

And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there. :rubchin:

Ash
07-09-2018, 01:16 PM
And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there. :rubchin:

Yep. Fairly sure Kimi is not "that kind of driver", whatever Ferrari might offer him to help Seb. Perhaps Lewis should be looking a bit closer at his own start off the line.

Cracking race though. I suppose Lewis was just sore at not winning at home six years in a row or whatever the stat was he was after.

7sisters
07-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Where have you been, 7s? The "middle class do-gooders" despise the great unwashed as much as the traditional old Bufton-Tufton right did.

I have every confidence the do gooders will direct the unwashed towards the role of foot infantry. That way they can get the measure of the crusties range for their archers and boiling tar projectiles.

Luis Anaconda
07-09-2018, 01:30 PM
Yep. Fairly sure Kimi is not "that kind of driver", whatever Ferrari might offer him to help Seb. Perhaps Lewis should be looking a bit closer at his own start off the line.

Cracking race though. I suppose Lewis was just sore at not winning at home six years in a row or whatever the stat was he was after.
He has since apologised for his comments - seems like he had a hard race. I was listening to the T20 international while trying to recover from Saturday

7sisters
07-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Please tell me you resisted singing that dreadful Ingerlund chant, LA ? I’m fighting the temptation to purchase several large sugar glass, magnum sized bottles, in order to break them over the heads of those who believe its de riiguer to wink at you knowingly while saying, “it’s coming home”

Ash
07-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Bo Jo gone now.

It's all kicking off.

Burney
07-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Please tell me you resisted singing that dreadful Ingerlund chant, LA ? I’m fighting the temptation to purchase several large sugar glass, magnum sized bottles, in order to break them over the heads of those who believe its deriguer to wink at you knowingly while saying, “it’s coming home”

I know one is supposed to be all po-faced about it, but I found it quite funny that they invaded an IKEA and started chucking scatter cushions about. What are these occasions for if not a bit of harmless misrule?

Luis Anaconda
07-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Please tell me you resisted singing that dreadful Ingerlund chant, LA ? I’m fighting the temptation to purchase several large sugar glass, magnum sized bottles, in order to break them over the heads of those who believe its de riiguer to wink at you knowingly while saying, “it’s coming home”
God, no 7. Give me some credit. Almost as bad as German people wearing England shirts

Ash
07-09-2018, 02:17 PM
I know one is supposed to be all po-faced about it, but I found it quite funny that they invaded an IKEA and started chucking scatter cushions about. What are these occasions for if not a bit of harmless misrule?

I liked the chap falling though the roof of a bus shelter. You'd pay a stuntman good money for that sort of bantz.

7sisters
07-09-2018, 02:18 PM

No harm in a bit of good humoured bantz but there’s always a bit of an invisible line with an element of da yoot of today.
Mrs 7 was loading the car at the local supermarket at the same time as the sh*tfaced were pouring out of the nearby council estate watering hole, post match. Within minutes they were showering the car park with c*nt this and f*ck that, to the astonishment of mother’s and small children.
No sense of time and place, see ?

Burney
07-09-2018, 02:22 PM
I liked the chap falling though the roof of a bus shelter. You'd pay a stuntman good money for that sort of bantz.

I don't even care that much about them jumping on an ambulance. I mean tick them off by all means, but let's not get all silly about it.

Burney
07-09-2018, 02:26 PM
No harm in a bit of good humoured bantz but there’s always a bit of an invisible line with an element of da yoot of today.
Mrs 7 was loading the car at the local supermarket at the same time as the sh*tfaced were pouring out of the nearby council estate watering hole, post match. Within minutes they were showering the car park with c*nt this and f*ck that, to the astonishment of mother’s and small children.
No sense of time and place, see ?

Oh, yes. And I do wonder if anyone has put plans in place for if/when England do get knocked out and it kicks off. I know my fellow countrymen well enough to know that, when p1ssed out of their minds during one of the hottest spells in recorded history, they are unlikely to greet being knocked out of the World Cup with nothing more than a shrug and a stoic grin.

Peter
07-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Oh, yes. And I do wonder if anyone has put plans in place for if/when England do get knocked out and it kicks off. I know my fellow countrymen well enough to know that, when p1ssed out of their minds during one of the hottest spells in recorded history, they are unlikely to greet being knocked out of the World Cup with nothing more than a shrug and a stoic grin.

Hide in your house on Wednesday and, if necessary, Sunday. I have done this for all the games so far.

Colchester is full of nutters at the best of times.

7sisters
07-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Es kommt nach hauser
Es kommt nach hauser
Es kommt
Fussball kommt nach hauser

I mean, at least you didn’t have to endure that ?

AFC East
07-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Hide in your house on Wednesday and, if necessary, Sunday. I have done this for all the games so far.

Colchester is full of nutters at the best of times.

Very good advice.

Everywhere will be full of nutters when we get knocked out. Preparations for the zombie apocalypse start here.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
07-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Seems to have come a bit of a cropper this Brexit thing.

IUFG
07-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Seems to have come a bit of a cropper this Brexit thing.

One can't turn a bucket of shít into anything other than a bucket of shít, TripleD.