PDA

View Full Version : I went on a proper first aid course yesterday.

Pat Vegas
07-06-2018, 08:10 AM
great stuff.

Though I hope never to use my 'powers'

IUFG
07-06-2018, 08:32 AM
great stuff.

Though I hope never to use my 'powers'

Whilst it is a legal requirement...I'd rather our first aiders never come within a mile of me in my hour of need.

Pat Vegas
07-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Whilst it is a legal requirement...I'd rather our first aiders never come within a mile of me in my hour of need.

I'll take it very seriously.
if they are gonna send me they better make sure the first aid boxes are stocked up.

Burney
07-06-2018, 09:47 AM

My favourite experience of this was when a chap at work collapsed for some reason (still not sure why). We had a first aider and he came equipped with a defibrillator. We were obviously all as keen as mustard that he use this on the collapsed chap - on the grounds that we'd never seen one used before and thought it would be a giggle. Sadly, though, the first aider bottled it - much to everyone's disappointment - and the collapsed chap revived and was carted off in an ambulance. :-(

Pokster
07-06-2018, 09:49 AM
My favourite experience of this was when a chap at work collapsed for some reason (still not sure why). We had a first aider and he came equipped with a defibrillator. We were obviously all as keen as mustard that he use this on the collapsed chap - on the grounds that we'd never seen one used before and thought it would be a giggle. Sadly, though, the first aider bottled it - much to everyone's disappointment - and the collapsed chap revived and was carted off in an ambulance. :-(

Thet are all automated now, don't need training, stick the pads on and the machine will decide if it needs to defrib or not, takes all the fun out of it imo

Burney
07-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Thet are all automated now, don't need training, stick the pads on and the machine will decide if it needs to defrib or not, takes all the fun out of it imo

Boooo! Bloody technology ruins everything, doesn't it?

Viva Prat Vegas
07-06-2018, 09:54 AM
I thought you were going to say the first aider applied the defib pads to each of the chaps' ears ....and ended up needing to recruit a replacement for the deceased

Burney
07-06-2018, 10:01 AM
I thought you were going to say the first aider applied the defib pads to each of the chaps' ears ....and ended up needing to recruit a replacement for the deceased

Sadly not. We were all egging him on to zap him, but he fannied out completely. I mean yes, that turned out to be the right thing to do in the end as there was nothing wrong with the bloke's heart, but it was still a great disappointment to the rest of us who were eager to see him thrash about like a gaffed eel.

SWv2
07-06-2018, 11:49 AM

Fúck me, who started him off!!!

IUFG
07-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Fúck me, who started him off!!!

:vsign: :vsign:

barrybueno
07-06-2018, 11:52 AM

Can't believe he passed up the opportunity to shout the classic 'clear!' ****er imo