PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to Lords in a moment for the T20 London Derby

Ash
07-05-2018, 02:42 PM
:-)

Haven't decided which pubs to pop into en-route. Maybe The Engineer in Primrose Hill and The New Inn in St John's Wood :lager: :lager:

Sir C
07-05-2018, 02:44 PM

Haven't decided which pubs to pop into en-route. Maybe The Engineer in Primrose Hill and The New Inn in St John's Wood :lager: :lager:

I haven't been to Primrose Hill in over two years, a.

I miss my lunchtime appointments in Primrose Hill with my gak man. :-(

Rich
07-05-2018, 02:52 PM

How many party bags would you hoover up of an afternoon/evening?

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 02:52 PM

Have fun. May your team win :thumbup:

Ash
07-05-2018, 02:53 PM

I've not been for a few months. I'm sure Chalcott Square is still among the most gorgeous spots in London. Primrose Hill was never quite the same since the Trojka closed down. Wonderful Russian restaurant, with Slavic classical and Jewish folk toons played on the violin by a Pole named Andrej. Actually run by Ukrainians from the Donbass, IIRC. If they went home they've probably been tortured and killed by the Kiev nazis by now. :-(

Ash
07-05-2018, 02:54 PM

:thumbup: Who are the Middlesex dangermen, LA? I've not been paying attention recently.

7sisters
07-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Odettes was a favourite haunt, back in the 90’s.. Many a happy lunch hour in the garden room with the slidey roof panels..

PSRB
07-05-2018, 02:57 PM

C'mon the away team!!

Sir C
07-05-2018, 02:57 PM
How many party bags would you hoover up of an afternoon/evening?

Party bags? To what are you referring? If you mean grams, I should say that for the period 1985 - 2008, I would enjoy perhaps 6 grams over a weekend and 3 grams or so during the week. Between 2008 and 2016, this was probably halved.

:-(

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 02:58 PM
:thumbup: Who are the Middlesex dangermen, LA? I've not been paying attention recently.

Hopefully Paul Stirling will continue his recent form - from the one-day cup anyway, didn't do too well against India. Him and Malan opening the batting are key. Leetle bit light in the bowling but will be interesting to see how effective Dwayne Bravo is. Nathan Sowter - young leggie is one to watch out for, as is Tom Helm, who can be quite sharpish

Rich
07-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Party bags? To what are you referring? If you mean grams, I should say that for the period 1985 - 2008, I would enjoy perhaps 6 grams over a weekend and 3 grams or so during the week. Between 2008 and 2016, this was probably halved.

A party bag is the sealed back rammed full of beak that your dealer gives you.

Nigh on 10g a week. That’s impressive by anyone’s standards. Still, your body thanks you for giving it up. Not very becoming for a gentleman.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 03:13 PM

You know it's not real cricket A.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 03:15 PM

Midweek.

For shame.

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Nigh on 10g a week. That’s impressive by anyone’s standards. Still, your body thanks you for giving it up. Not very becoming for a gentleman.

A party bag? Have you been reading the Daily Mail again, you maniac? This concept exists only in your head.

And you know about as much about behaving as a gentleman as wes knows about food and football.

Rich
07-05-2018, 03:16 PM
You know it's not real cricket A.

Ah, I meant to discuss the Enerald Isle’s cricketing performance against Pakistan with you. They did you proud, really. Were it for a more sturdy first innings you’d have been in with a shout.

It’s good to know that at least some of the things your forebearers taught you stuck.

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Midweek.

For shame.

:shrug: A couple of sharpeners after work, sw. Just to take the edge off, as it were.

Rich
07-05-2018, 03:20 PM
:shrug: A couple of sharpeners after work, sw. Just to take the edge off, as it were.

And surely a small line each morning to take the edge off the previous night?

Certainly helps you wake up.

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:22 PM
And surely a small line each morning to take the edge off the previous night?

Certainly helps you wake up.

No, that would be horrible. I have occasionally breakfasted on cognac and marijuana, but only if I had stressful meetings to cope with.

Rich
07-05-2018, 03:25 PM
No, that would be horrible. I have occasionally breakfasted on cognac and marijuana, but only if I had stressful meetings to cope with.

In my experience it makes a hangover dissolve into nothingness (for about half an hour).*

* Not that I have any experience in the matter

IUFG
07-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Glastonbury - early 90s'

A joint and sherry / Madeira / port for breakfast. :cloud9:

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Glastonbury - early 90s'

A joint and sherry / Madeira / port for breakfast. :cloud9:

I am still a fan of the pina colada for Sunday breakfast. Take one of they Innocent pineapple and banana smoothies, add a good portion of rum, voila, breakfast.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 03:31 PM

I used to enjoy hot knives for breakfast, no food or no coffee. Maybe a fried egg sandwich from the cafe on Paul Street just before work.

No meetings all the same which is just as well as I would not have spoken to another person before the Winchester Club at lunchtime.

eastgermanautos
07-06-2018, 10:38 AM

"Beak"? What the hell you talking about? You mean a drug, I assume?

Sir C
07-06-2018, 10:39 AM
"Beak"? What the hell you talking about? You mean a drug, I assume?

I bought some beak in San Fran once. It was fúcking awful.

Americans can't even do drugs right :-(