PDA

View Full Version : Burney - you seem to have closed that thread, but re the avocado

WES
07-05-2018, 12:41 PM
are you taking the piss? It is a truly wonderful foodstuff that enhances pretty much everything.

I can understand a traditionalist not wanting it with breakfast, but how could anyone not like dunking Doritos into freshly made guacamole?

Sublime. :eat:

Burney
07-05-2018, 12:50 PM
are you taking the piss? It is a truly wonderful foodstuff that enhances pretty much everything.

I can understand a traditionalist not wanting it with breakfast, but how could anyone not like dunking Doritos into freshly made guacamole?

Sublime. :eat:

Me: ‘Avocado is a foodstuff for cùnts’
WES: ‘I think avocado’s great’
Me: ‘QED’

WES
07-05-2018, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I'm the one that looks a total c*nt on this thread. :hehe:

Peter
07-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I'm the one that looks a total c*nt on this thread. :hehe:

I am largely with B on this one. Avocado is basically a bit ****.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Me: ‘Avocado is a foodstuff for cùnts with little or no self-awareness’
Fixed that for you b

Peter
07-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Fixed that for you b

LA, how is the Guinness in Germany?

I am thinking of popping to Berlin for a couple of days and am going to need a drink

Sir C
07-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Fixed that for you b

Oh God, now he's going to blunder around being all sweary again :-(

He's got to be the single angriest moosefúcker I ever encountered.

WES
07-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Fixed that for you b

You know what you are.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 01:45 PM
You know what you are.

Absolutely :)

WES
07-05-2018, 01:46 PM
I am largely with B on this one. Avocado is basically a bit ****.

You've missed this one, Peter. Avocado is the Manuel Almunia of the food world for you.

I will however agree with you on something I believe you posted recently on gin and tonic. I have become quite the gin and tonic fiend over the past few years, can't imagine life without them. I even drink tonic on its own when I decide to have an alcohol free night. Don't ask why I do that, but I do.

Anyway, point is that after wasting too much money on expensive gin I have decided that you really don't need anything better than Tanqueray. They key is not the gin, it is the tonic. And what you have with it.

Fever Tree is the daddy here. Provided you manage to avoid the Refreshingly Light (this means diet) nonsense that they sell far too much of.

PSRB
07-05-2018, 01:51 PM
You've missed this one, Peter. Avocado is the Manuel Almunia of the food world for you.

I will however agree with you on something I believe you posted recently on gin and tonic. I have become quite the gin and tonic fiend over the past few years, can't imagine life without them. I even drink tonic on its own when I decide to have an alcohol free night. Don't ask why I do that, but I do.

Anyway, point is that after wasting too much money on expensive gin I have decided that you really don't need anything better than Tanqueray. They key is not the gin, it is the tonic. And what you have with it.

Fever Tree is the daddy here. Provided you manage to avoid the Refreshingly Light (this means diet) nonsense that they sell far too much of.

I have recently got into gin, having avoided it for 30 years after throwing up on Gordons gin. You are correct about Fever Tree, I generally stick to Hendricks with cucumber with fever tree, although did discover a nice tonic in Sainsburys with peppercorn

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 01:53 PM
LA, how is the Guinness in Germany?

I am thinking of popping to Berlin for a couple of days and am going to need a drink

Scandalously, I have actually tried it in a pub in Berlin when I watched Everton Man City League cup semi (I think). Near the Museum Insel. It was inoffensive but I wouldn't recommend it - only ever had two pints of it in Munich and would say similar. Then again I wasn't too keen on the local brew either and one night I wandered around for ages trying to find a bar selling Augustiner, despite it being -12, there was 3 inches of snow on the ground and I could only hobble due to a severely swollen and painful knee. I loved the city though

WES
07-05-2018, 02:08 PM
I have recently got into gin, having avoided it for 30 years after throwing up on Gordons gin. You are correct about Fever Tree, I generally stick to Hendricks with cucumber with fever tree, although did discover a nice tonic in Sainsburys with peppercorn

Tanqueray with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic and orange is my favourite. Grapefruit also good although I switch to the Aromatic or Elderflower tonic for that. With loads of ice and always a very large double. :cloud9:

SWv2
07-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Tanqueray with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic and orange is my favourite. Grapefruit also good although I switch to the Aromatic or Elderflower tonic for that. With loads of ice and always a very large double. :cloud9:

My Mrs drinks Gin and on a recent social occasion she was presented with one which had a large slice of pink grapefruit therein. Now I am as open minded as the next man so naturally I tried it and must say it was quite nice.

You would struggle to drink a rake of them all the same in the same way you would with your good old trusted friend beer.

IUFG
07-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Now I am as open minded as the next man

pull the other one, etc.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 02:51 PM
pull the other one, etc.

I will pull nothing of yours you sick wee fúcker.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 02:54 PM
pull the other one, etc.

The next man is also probably Irish remember, i

IUFG
07-05-2018, 02:57 PM
The next man is also probably Irish remember, i

ah! this much is true.

WES
07-05-2018, 02:58 PM
pull the other one, etc.

I thought of posting something almost exactly like that, IUFG :hehe:

Oh god, I'm thinking like HR :cry:

SWv2
07-05-2018, 02:59 PM
I thought of posting something almost exactly like that, IUFG :hehe:

Oh god, I'm thinking like HR :cry:

Can we all step away for the racist stereotyping PLEASE!

7sisters
07-05-2018, 03:02 PM

I was always indifferent until I discovered the delights of pouring a puddle of soy sauce into the stone crater and a few turns with the pepper mill..

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:05 PM
I was always indifferent until I discovered the delights of pouring a puddle of soy sauce into the stone crater and a few turns with the pepper mill..

Worcester sauce also works well. Balsamic vinegar makes a nice change.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Lemon and salt works wonders too

WES
07-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Hmmm - could see that working. Salt is the key. Salt drags avocado from slightly boring to undeniable genius. With the salt and umami of soy this could be a winner. Cheers.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Hmmm - could see that working. Salt is the key. Salt drags avocado from slightly boring to undeniable genius. With the salt and umami of soy this could be a winner. Cheers.

Chilli flakes.

7sisters
07-05-2018, 03:12 PM
It certainly works well as a carrier for sauces. The one that leaves me confused I’d the aubergine. WTF , I mean, nothing to see here whatsoever.

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Chilli flakes.

Lime, salt, chilli, avocado, coriander. Thoise are the things that make Mexican cuisine good.

WES
07-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Lime, salt, chilli, avocado, coriander. Thoise are the things that make Mexican cuisine good.

If you throw some red onion in there you have the perfect guacamole recipe.

With loads of Doritos and ice cold lager. Oh yes.

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:18 PM
If you throw some red onion in there you have the perfect guacamole recipe.

With loads of Doritos and ice cold lager. Oh yes.

Some people swear by a little tomato in there; a concasse, one assumes. I do not approve.

IUFG
07-05-2018, 03:22 PM
It certainly works well as a carrier for sauces. The one that leaves me confused I’d the aubergine. WTF , I mean, nothing to see here whatsoever.

aubergines?

Baba ganoush?

WES
07-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Some people swear by a little tomato in there; a concasse, one assumes. I do not approve.

Yes. I've seen that as well. The place below was about one block from my apartment in NY and it did the most astonishing guacamole. The chap arrived at your table with all the ingredients and made it in front of you. I'm salivating as I recall it. No tomatoes, as I recall, and pretty much the recipe above.

https://rosamexicano.com/

Sir C
07-05-2018, 03:24 PM
aubergines?

Baba ganoush?

There is a terrific Angela Hartnett recipe for lamb chops with aubergine and feta with a mint gremolata. A delightfully light supper for a summer's evening.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Yes. I've seen that as well. The place below was about one block from my apartment in NY and it did the most astonishing guacamole. The chap arrived at your table with all the ingredients and made it in front of you. I'm salivating as I recall it. No tomatoes, as I recall, and pretty much the recipe above.

https://rosamexicano.com/

I have been there.

:cloud9: