PDA

View Full Version : I have something to announce to Awimb.

SWv2
07-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Sometimes a football game can be enlightening. There can be a clarity of thought which previous may have been clouded. The emotion, often raw, can lead a person to look inside himself and admit to something he may have kept suppressed before.

Last night I happened upon a player who finally has overtaken Stephen Hunt as my most hated footballer in the game.

Ladies and gentlemen, Kieran Trippier.

What a ****.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Sometimes a football game can be enlightening. There can be a clarity of thought which previous may have been clouded. The emotion, often raw, can lead a person to look inside himself and admit to something he may have kept suppressed before.

Last night I happened upon a player who finally has overtaken Stephen Hunt as my most hated footballer in the game.

What a ****.
Wasn't even the most annoying Tottenham connected right back on the pitch imo

SWv2
07-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Wasn't even the most annoying Tottenham connected right back on the pitch imo

Walker is just a dick.

I suspect Trippier to be both a dick and a snide. A person that orders coffee in a busy pub, and pays by card.

Sir C
07-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Walker is just a dick.

I suspect Trippier to be both a dick and a snide. A person that orders coffee in a busy pub, and pays by card.

Hold on, paying by card is now quicker than using cash. :shrug:

SWv2
07-04-2018, 08:14 AM

I cannot speak from experience here I must admit as the touch / tappy thing on my card does not work and I am fúcked if I am paying the bank, the same bank that I bailed out remember, the sum of €30 for a new one.

I will admit I may have been hasty in my judgement all the same.

You see I'm a cash man.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 08:17 AM

Still - he's right about the coffee bit

WES

What a ****.

You watched those Colombian players behave like that and decided to single out Trippier as a c*nt?

What did he do exactly that stood out for you?

Sir C
I cannot speak from experience here I must admit as the touch / tappy thing on my card does not work and I am fúcked if I am paying the bank, the same bank that I bailed out remember, the sum of €30 for a new one.

I will admit I may have been hasty in my judgement all the same.

You see I'm a cash man.

Other than wages for the cleaning lady and a bit for the fishmonger, I never, ever use cash any more.

Mind you, I don't get out much.

WES
07-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Other than wages for the cleaning lady and a bit for the fishmonger, I never, ever use cash any more.

Mind you, I don't get out much.

Me as well, Charles. However it is important to remember that SW lives in Ireland.

Yes, Ireland.

SWv2
07-04-2018, 08:24 AM
You watched those Colombian players behave like that and decided to single out Trippier as a c*nt?

What did he do exactly that stood out for you?

He is English.

:shrug:

Sir C
07-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Me as well, Charles. However it is important to remember that SW lives in Ireland.

Yes, Ireland.

A fine country filled with a remarkable people. Hospitable, hard-working, resilient people. The land of my forebears, whose blood I carry proudly in my veins. Tiocfaidh ár lá.

WES
07-04-2018, 08:29 AM
He is English.

OK, fairy muff.

WES
07-04-2018, 08:29 AM
A fine country filled with a remarkable people. Hospitable, hard-working, resilient people. The land of my forebears, whose blood I carry proudly in my veins. Tiocfaidh ár lá.

I thought you were Dutch? :rubchin:

Sir C
07-04-2018, 08:30 AM
I thought you were Dutch? :rubchin:

No, I'm English.

Do you have basic comprehension issues?

Burney
07-04-2018, 08:31 AM
He is English.

He is a horrible-looking cùnt - even more repellent of aspect than Kyle Walker, which is saying something.

Annoyingly, he’s one of the few England players I would exempt from my general contempt for their footballing ability. He’s really quite good. :-(

Tony C
07-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Can’t work out if Trippier is black or white?

I’m calling him black.

Pat Vegas
07-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Can’t work out if Trippier is black or white?

I’m calling him black.

I think his dad is mixed.

Rich
07-04-2018, 09:58 AM
I think his dad is mixed.

Why have we not discussed his hair? What was he thinking?! It looks like he's placed an upturned bowl on his head and asked Maguire to cut around the base of it.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-04-2018, 02:43 PM
He is English.

Do you have levels of hatred for the English or is it one size fits all?

SWv2
07-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Do you have levels of hatred for the English or is it one size fits all?

I speak entirely in jest ABR and I mean no offence to my many English friends, some of whom are on here and with whom I have spent many evenings of cultural exchange.

Many enjoyable years I spent living in your country despite us being at war at the time and only on rare occasions was I the recipient of hostility, thousands of your ladies I made sweet love to and at 2-3 times per season I travel back to enjoy banter and debate in your pubs both pre and post matches.

I just fúcking hate Kieran Trippier.

IUFG
07-04-2018, 03:10 PM
I speak entirely in jest ABR and I mean no offence to my many English friends, some of whom are on here and with whom I have spent many evenings of cultural exchange.

Many enjoyable years I spent living in your country despite us being at war at the time and only on rare occasions was I the recipient of hostility, thousands of your ladies I made sweet love to and at 2-3 times per season I travel back to enjoy banter and debate in your pubs both pre and post matches.

weird hair.

Trippier, not you.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1380222/stream_img.jpg

loathe away, sw

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-04-2018, 03:14 PM

We can agree on the fact that Trippier is an entirely despicable ****. I'm a little disappointed that you are having a giraffe.

SWv2
07-04-2018, 03:38 PM
weird hair.

Trippier, not you.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1380222/stream_img.jpg

loathe away, sw

Reminds me of the slopey headed retard that was a journalist in the Metro.

Not sure what was going on with this cat's barnet but he had to be a **** in real life.

Ash
07-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Is wrong to judge a man by his haircut?

Probably not in this case.

PSRB
07-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Walker is just a dick.

Met him, very nice chap :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 08:48 AM

Boooooooooo - rational posts have no place here, p. Also you said Kevin Davies was a nice chap :judge: :redcard:

WES
07-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Seems an honest and quite good player as well. I'm not really getting this hate at all.

So he has stupid hair. So what. :shrug:

Me, I'll begin hating him when he pulls on that shirt in August. :nod:

PSRB
07-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Boooooooooo - rational posts have no place here, p. Also you said Kevin Davies was a nice chap :judge: :redcard:

and Tim Cahill, Aaron Lennon :-(

Phil Neville is a ****, however.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Seems an honest and quite good player as well. I'm not really getting this hate at all.

So he has stupid hair. So what. :shrug:

Me, I'll begin hating him when he pulls on that shirt in August. :nod:

This rational and almost balanced opinion from a fine chap that has the most irrational and unbalanced opinion of a certain other footballer is difficult to compute.

WES
07-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Kevin Davies could be a combination of Mother Theresa and Nelson Mandela off the pitch and I'd still hate the c*nt.

There are limits, PRSB.

Rich
07-05-2018, 08:57 AM

You will not meet a nicer footballer than Lamps. An absolute gentleman.

Jamie Redknapp, surprisingly, is also perfectly pleasant.

WES
07-05-2018, 09:01 AM
This rational and almost balanced opinion from a fine chap that has the most irrational and unbalanced opinion of a certain other footballer is difficult to compute.

Why Kieran Trippier is more likeable than Aaron Ramsey:

1) Trippier didn't spend the large majority of his first 3-4 years with Arsenal giving the ball away
2) Trippier seems to care about the defensive side of the game and understands the position he is meant to be playing
3) Trippier clearly doesn't care about what his hair looks like, Ramsey is a mirror c*nt of the highest order
4) Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal - the goal where BBC highlighted what an utter, utter c*nt Ramsey was
5) I've established my position on Ramsey and lack the humility to publicly change my mind in no small part because that horrible, Bavarian c*nt would never let me forget it
6) Trippier is not, at present, wearing a Tottenham shirt

Easy really.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Just about saved yourself there

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2018, 09:03 AM

1) Trippier didn't spend the large majority of his first 3-4 years with Arsenal giving the ball away
2) Trippier seems to care about the defensive side of the game and understands the position he is meant to be playing
3) Trippier clearly doesn't care about what his hair looks like, Ramsey is a mirror c*nt of the highest order
4) Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal - the goal where BBC highlighted what an utter, utter c*nt Ramsey was
5) I've established my position on Ramsey and lack the humility to publicly change my mind in no small part because that horrible, Bavarian c*nt would never let me forget it

Easy really.
Captain Aaron :cloud9:

Sir C
07-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Captain Aaron :cloud9:

He's going to sign a contract tying him to us for the rest of his career, la. That's the word from my ITK :cloud9:

SWv2
07-05-2018, 09:06 AM

Easy really.

We are in a new era big man, the Emery adventure. All players are turning over a new chapter in their lives and starting with a clean slate if you will allow me another metaphor.

Can you not see in within yourself to wait and judge (he may even leave for all we know, not impossible I would suggest) how he performs in the new world where we presume a more rigid or perhaps dictated tactical structure is in place.

Do you have a single Christian bone in your body?

p.s. Trippier is a ****. This is beyond debate. Your quite emphatic defence of the man will be held against you forever, especially next season when we play them.

WES
07-05-2018, 09:07 AM
He's going to sign a contract tying him to us for the rest of his career, la. That's the word from my ITK :cloud9:

He's off :cloud9:

WES
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM
We are in a new era big man, the Emery adventure. All players are turning over a new chapter in their lives and starting with a clean slate if you will allow me another metaphor.

Can you not see in within yourself to wait and judge (he may even leave for all we know, not impossible I would suggest) how he performs in the new world where we presume a more rigid or perhaps dictated tactical structure is in place.

Do you have a single Christian bone in your body?

p.s. Trippier is a ****. This is beyond debate. Your quite emphatic defence of the man will be held against you forever, especially next season when we play them.

Maybe. Not sure. You mean if we start the season with Ramsey in midfield and he actually plays there? On the back of Una's coaching he learns that playing midfield does not mean endlessly running forward and trying the cutest flicks possible while checking the big screen to make sure his hair looks good? That he actually learns the defensive side of the game, works on his positioning and begins contributing goals and assists without compromising the side's defensive stability?

Not sure I'd recognize him tbh, but I'll think about it. Can't ask for more than that :shrug:

SWv2
07-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Maybe. Not sure. You mean if we start the season with Ramsey in midfield and he actually plays there? On the back of Una's coaching he learns that playing midfield does not mean endlessly running forward and trying the cutest flicks possible while checking the big screen to make sure his hair looks good? That he actually learns the defensive side of the game, works on his positioning and begins contributing goals and assists without compromising the side's defensive stability?

Not sure I'd recognize him tbh, but I'll think about it. Can't ask for more than that :shrug:

The flicks, which I will admit were infuriating, are more or less gone by now?

WES
07-05-2018, 09:29 AM
The flicks, which I will admit were infuriating, are more or less gone by now?

Improved but still part of his game imo.

As an example, the goal for which he received so much credit, where he flicked it over the keeper. Was in the EL if I remember correctly? Anyway, my first thought was, if that had not gone in every sensible Arsenal supporter would have asked 'why did you not just take it down and stick it away? There was no one within 5 yards of you.'

But as it went in we all just celebrated. Well, most of us, anyway. :-)

PSRB
07-05-2018, 09:47 AM
He's off :cloud9:

The fact we appear to be buying an entirely new midfield, would suggest this.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 09:54 AM
The fact we appear to be buying an entirely new midfield, would suggest this.

All appears very odd with links to Banega first and now Gomes and N’Zonzi back on the alleged radar.

Thing is our current midfield is 2 real options (one of whom could still leave), 1 average back up player and 1 young lad who is a decent prospect for the future.

Add in 1 player who is allegedly signed but not yet signed.

Across 50-60 games per season.

p.s. describing ME as average is not meant as a criticism, just a reflection of what he is. Steady, reliable but average.

IUFG
07-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Steady, reliable but average.

Are you entirely sure he is not 'bang average'?

Whatever that means.

SWv2
07-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Are you entirely sure he is not 'bang average'?

Whatever that means.

I believe it is merely a term to emphasise the averageness of the subject/person, or on occasion a more polite way of saying “shíte”.

I don’t think Elneny is shíte. Just average.

Ash
07-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Easy really.

Actually his pass completion was perfectly respectable in those early years. What he did spend a large part of those years doing was recovering from his broken leg. If you wanted to cùnt him off you could at least have pointed to his relative weakness in tackling and in the air.

I'm sure his suave good looks are effortless, unlike that preening narcisist Giroud who spends two hours getting ready every morning. Fact.

And of course our Teutonic friend, like J. E. Hoover, has a file on everybody.

Ash
07-05-2018, 11:39 AM

This is kind-of reassuring because he really does come over on TV as one of the most despicable cùnts ever to sit in a pundit's chair. Which obviously takes some doing.