Pat Vegas
07-03-2018, 09:00 PM
I am all confused.
It’s hot everyday and I want players I hate to win

7sisters
07-03-2018, 09:03 PM
I am all confused.
It’s hot everyday and I want players I hate to win

Palpable relief for Southgate there. The press would have lynched him and the players ( bar Kane, of course ) in the morning papers.

Burney
07-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Palpable relief for Southgate there. The press would have lynched him and the players ( bar Kane, of course ) in the morning papers.

Nobody is now going to mention that England very nearly lost (indeed, failed to create many meaningful chances in open play against) a truly terrible Colombia team missing their one world-class player.

Come on, Sweden!

Ash
07-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Nobody is now going to mention that England very nearly lost (indeed, failed to create many meaningful chances in open play against) a truly terrible Colombia team missing their one world-class player.

Come on, Sweden!

Columbia are not a 'truly terrible team'. They are better than the Sweden I watched earlier.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Columbia are not a 'truly terrible team'. They are better than the Sweden I watched earlier.

Sweden will probably make it even more difficult for England to create chances

Tony C
07-04-2018, 07:37 AM
The big worry is Kane.

We saw at the Euros what a lifeless corpse he can be when he’s shot to bits and he looked just that during extra time.

This could be the game to bring Welbeck and/or Vardy back for Alli and Sterling ie fresh legs to give Kane a lighter workload. Southgate is very loyal though so I’m guessing it will just be Rashford in for Alli.

Will be a tough game. At this stage every team should command the same level of respect. They got here for a reason.

WES
07-04-2018, 07:41 AM

Come on, Sweden!

In fact, other than the first half of ET England were comfortably the better team against a good Colombian side who were allowed to be very physical and who clearly know how to defend.

This after playing some of the best football we've seen in the first half against Tunisia and then dominating Panama. And before anyone tells me how sh1t they both are, I suggest you take a look at the South Korea/Germany score.

The optimism around England has been justified by their performance so far and comparisons to previous England teams are just stupid. Teams are made up of players and managers and when they change, so does the team. Southgate looks to be very competent and this team could easily win the WC and if they do we should all be happy because, unlike some England teams from the recent past, it seems to be a team made up of decent players who are both committed and skilled.

Come on England! It's coming home. :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Sweden will probably make it even more difficult for England to create chances

I think England make it difficult for England to create chances tbh

Peter
07-04-2018, 07:55 AM
In fact, other than the first half of ET England were comfortably the better team against a good Colombian side who were allowed to be very physical and who clearly know how to defend.

This after playing some of the best football we've seen in the first half against Tunisia and then dominating Panama. And before anyone tells me how sh1t they both are, I suggest you take a look at the South Korea/Germany score.

The optimism around England has been justified by their performance so far and comparisons to previous England teams are just stupid. Teams are made up of players and managers and when they change, so does the team. Southgate looks to be very competent and this team could easily win the WC and if they do we should all be happy because, unlike some England teams from the recent past, it seems to be a team made up of decent players who are both committed and skilled.

There is someone on this thread who seems to be seriously suggesting dropping Harry Kane for Danny Wellbeck. I dont think this thread is the place for balance and common sense :hehe:

The behaviour of those Colombian players following the award of the penalty was an absolute disgrace and should not have been tolerated. THe guy who was booked for the foul grabs the ref, they are screaming in his face for what seemed to be almost five minutes. THroughout the whole thing Harry Kane just stood there holding the ball, ignoring them all.

It takes some ****ing balls to keep your cool around that. And his penalty in the shoot out was just about as perfect as you can get.

Well done, England. A pretty ordinary side with a few good players but with more character than any of the 'stars' of the golden generation. THank god they have all ****ed off.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 07:56 AM

Thanks WES - this is the sort of moronic playground comment I would expect from people who only watch football every four years. The fact that you seem to take a keen interest in between World Cups and are still able to make such a comment just confirms how wonderfully special you are

Peter
07-04-2018, 07:57 AM
I think England make it difficult for England to create chances tbh

Creating chances- path! We dont need any of that silky skill, namby pamby creativity. Load of old *******s.

Get the ball in the box and let the lads have a jump at it. Something is bound to happen.

WES
07-04-2018, 08:01 AM
There is someone on this thread who seems to be seriously suggesting dropping Harry Kane for Danny Wellbeck. I dont think this thread is the place for balance and common sense :hehe:

The behaviour of those Colombian players following the award of the penalty was an absolute disgrace and should not have been tolerated. THe guy who was booked for the foul grabs the ref, they are screaming in his face for what seemed to be almost five minutes. THroughout the whole thing Harry Kane just stood there holding the ball, ignoring them all.

It takes some ****ing balls to keep your cool around that. And his penalty in the shoot out was just about as perfect as you can get.

Well done, England. A pretty ordinary side with a few good players but with more character than any of the 'stars' of the golden generation. THank god they have all ****ed off.

They were a disgrace but it's hardly new in the World Cup, is it? Not sure what the ref can do when an entire team act like utter c*nts, is he meant to send them all off? Or even the two or three who clearly deserved it?

He certainly let play go on but I'm not sure it would have been any different had he got the cards out early on.

WES
07-04-2018, 08:03 AM
Thanks WES - this is the sort of moronic playground comment I would expect from people who only watch football every four years. The fact that you seem to take a keen interest in between World Cups and are still able to make such a comment just confirms how wonderfully special you are

Thanks Anaconda - this is the sort of unsupported, tw@tish comment I would expect from a social delinquent who spends his life in a pub or on the internet. It just shows how wonderfully special you are and how lucky Bavaria is to have you and how lucky we are to be rid of you.

Now f*ck off.

Sir C
07-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Thanks Anaconda - this is the sort of unsupported, tw@tish comment I would expect from a social delinquent who spends his life in a pub or on the internet. It just shows how wonderfully special you are and how lucky Bavaria is to have you and how lucky we are to be rid of you.

Now f*ck off.

There's no need to be rude.

Peter
07-04-2018, 08:07 AM
They were a disgrace but it's hardly new in the World Cup, is it? Not sure what the ref can do when an entire team act like utter c*nts, is he meant to send them all off? Or even the two or three who clearly deserved it?

He certainly let play go on but I'm not sure it would have been any different had he got the cards out early on.

If you have an entire team surrounding you like that you have to send someone off. There were two of three prime candidates in that incident. Tell the captain he has 30 seconds to get his side out of the penalty area, anyoneleft is getting a red card. Then yes, sendthem all off if you have to. You cant let that go on, its absurd.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 08:07 AM

Now f*ck off.
Ah - sensitive little bunny aren't you

WES
07-04-2018, 08:10 AM
If you have an entire team surrounding you like that you have to send someone off. There were two of three prime candidates in that incident. Tell the captain he has 30 seconds to get his side out of the penalty area, anyoneleft is getting a red card. Then yes, sendthem all off if you have to. You cant let that go on, its absurd.

I agree, but no one ever does it, do they? Referees routinely put up with that sort of behavior which makes it pretty much impossible for a referee to do what you describe.

I'd love to see one of them pull out a yellow and go through each player surrounding him and threaten each one of them until they all backed off, and if they didn't start sending them off. Would be superb to watch and good for the game. :nod:

Never gonna happen, though. :shrug:

WES
07-04-2018, 08:11 AM
Ah - sensitive little bunny aren't you

No, you're just a tw@t.

Now f*ck off.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2018, 08:16 AM
No, you're just a tw@t.

Now f*ck off.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

IUFG
07-04-2018, 08:30 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You see, it's this type of 'pulling the people together' that make international football so special.