No great surprise they've given it to Mesut

Pat Vegas
07-03-2018, 11:54 AM

will it change the way he plays?

IUFG
07-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Dennis would be spinning in his grave. If he were dead.

Nearly as bad as this won...
https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_16x9/public/gun__1259251580_gallas1.jpg?itok=7tKr5iJF

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2018, 12:11 PM
will it change the way he plays?

No - he'll probably still create as many if not more chances than any other player in the league. Hopefully our new forwards will actually put them away and people will get the **** off Mesut's back

IUFG
07-03-2018, 12:14 PM
No - he'll probably still create as many if not more chances than any other player in the league. Hopefully our new forwards will actually put them away and people will get the **** off Mesut's back

PEA will score 30 this season :nod:

Pat Vegas
07-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Oh I didn't say he was playing badly.

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2018, 12:28 PM
Oh I didn't say he was playing badly.
It wasn't aimed at you necessarily, p. Just thought I would get it in, so to speak, before someone came on and called him a luxury or underperformer

Pat Vegas
07-03-2018, 12:31 PM
It wasn't aimed at you necessarily, p. Just thought I would get it in, so to speak, before someone came on and called him a luxury or underperformer

I think it's his demeanour. He seems to be the easy target.
Even in the germany squad. but if they had put away one of the chances he created they'd still perhaps be in the world cup.

IUFG
07-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Kanu was also a little, languid, shall we say.

I don't remember him getting anywhere near the grief Ozil does.

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Even in the germany squad. but if they had put away one of the chances he created they'd still perhaps be in the world cup.

Yes - his demeanour and his ethnicity/religion in the case of most of the stick he is receiving in Germany

Sir C
07-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes - his demeanour and his ethnicity/religion in the case of most of the stick he is receiving in Germany

What? Mutti will be cross mit ze Deutsches Volk. Surely they are enjoying the cultural enrichment of the Vaterland?

Sir C
07-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Kanu was also a little, languid, shall we say.

I don't remember him getting anywhere near the grief Ozil does.

Everyone felt sorry for Kanu because he had a hole in his heart and looked a bit, you know, special.

A bunch of my friends used to call him 'The Cleaner', on account, they said, of the way he looked like the bloke you see at Heathrow when you get off your flight, wearing a whie overall whilst mopping the floor. :hehe:

I suppose that's considered racist now :rolleyes:

Ash
07-03-2018, 12:54 PM

What, weakened by Ramadan?

eastgermanautos
07-03-2018, 01:04 PM

Well, he did let himself in for it by posing with Erdogan.

He seriously fvcked up there. But you have to blame these leaders, who don't mind fvcking up a guy by sliming all over them.

SWv2
07-03-2018, 01:13 PM
PEA will score 30 this season :nod:

Nailed on €20 for top goalscorer actual fact.

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Well, he did let himself in for it by posing with Erdogan.

He seriously fvcked up there. But you have to blame these leaders, who don't mind fvcking up a guy by sliming all over them.

He's a simple footballer, e, in previous years when the west were courting Erdogan, he was encouraged to be friendly to him. Now he is persona non grata for doing the same thing. I doubt he is big on politics

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Everyone felt sorry for Kanu because he had a hole in his heart and looked a bit, you know, special.

A bunch of my friends used to call him 'The Cleaner', on account, they said, of the way he looked like the bloke you see at Heathrow when you get off your flight, wearing a whie overall whilst mopping the floor. :hehe:

I suppose that's considered racist now :rolleyes:

Were you mates with Lord Sugar?

Sir C
07-03-2018, 01:38 PM
What, weakened by Ramadan?

I thought athletes get let off the fasting thing?

Sir C
07-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Were you mates with Lord Sugar?

Here we go, la wades in wearing his Thoughtcrimes hat.

I'll come quietly guv'nor.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-03-2018, 01:42 PM
LA "Were you mates with Lord Sugar?"

"It's a bladdie joke !"

SWv2
07-03-2018, 01:48 PM
I thought athletes get let off the fasting thing?

They eat when the sun goes down.

Unless they are cyclists who find themselves to unfortunately contract asthma in later life and bang the drugs in.

Sir C
07-03-2018, 01:50 PM
They eat when the sun goes down.

Unless they are cyclists who find themselves to unfortunately contract asthma in later life and bang the drugs in.

They all eat when the sun goes down. And drink. I think I read that athletes are allowed to get fired in regardless.

SWv2
07-03-2018, 01:51 PM
They all eat when the sun goes down. And drink. I think I read that athletes are allowed to get fired in regardless.

Surely then they would all just declare themselves athletes and crack on.

Not sure you have thought this through.

Sir C
07-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Surely then they would all just declare themselves athletes and crack on.

Not sure you have thought this through.

You can't just declare yourself an athlete, can you? Some fat lad working in Tesco can't just go, 'Oh by the way I'm an athlete, I need to eat this goat curry and drink this here well water.' Everyone's going to know he's talking jive and chop his arms off, or whetever the punishment for eating in daylight it.

It's like you going to the butcher in Lent and trying to buy meat. claiming to be a Protestant. He's going to defenestrate you quicksmart.

SWv2
07-03-2018, 02:03 PM
You can't just declare yourself an athlete, can you? Some fat lad working in Tesco can't just go, 'Oh by the way I'm an athlete, I need to eat this goat curry and drink this here well water.' Everyone's going to know he's talking jive and chop his arms off, or whetever the punishment for eating in daylight it.

It's like you going to the butcher in Lent and trying to buy meat. claiming to be a Protestant. He's going to defenestrate you quicksmart.

Judge not others unless you want to be judged yourself.

Psalms 8:11