PDA

View Full Version : Pat Vegas's world cup observations

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 09:14 AM
I don't like Klinsmann's accent.
Glad Denmark are out they are one of the most boring teams in the world.

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:18 AM

I found it difficult last night, since I didn't really care about the outcome of the game and had to make my choice on who I wanted to win based on the fact that Eriksen is Tottenham and Kasper Schmeichel is a Schmeichel (and also clearly a gobsh1te). Even Modric's ex-Tottenhamness didn't outweigh these factors.

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 09:19 AM
I found it difficult last night, since I didn't really care about the outcome of the game and had to make my choice on who I wanted to win based on the fact that Eriksen is Tottenham and Kasper Schmeichel is a Schmeichel (and also clearly a gobsh1te). Even Modric's ex-Tottenhamness didn't outweigh these factors.

For some reason I don't dislike Modric.
he reminds me of a rodent version of Rosicky.

WES
07-02-2018, 09:21 AM

I always imagine the rat in Ratatouille when I see him play. :nod:

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:22 AM

I don't either, actually. It helps that he's a lovely player and no longer plays in this country, though.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 09:32 AM
I don't either, actually. It helps that he's a lovely player and no longer plays in this country, though.
:nod: I think if you can't enjoy watching him play you can't really like football (his Spurseyness aside). Unless you are Serbian of course

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:43 AM
:nod: I think if you can't enjoy watching him play you can't really like football (his Spurseyness aside). Unless you are Serbian of course

To be honest, I don't see why these Balkan types can't just realise they're all basically the same as far as everyone else is concerned (pot/p1ss und so weite) and just get together and be Yugoslavia again. They'd have a much better football team for a start.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
To be honest, I don't see why these Balkan types can't just realise they're all basically the same as far as everyone else is concerned (pot/p1ss und so weite) and just get together and be Yugoslavia again. They'd have a much better football team for a start.

I'll let you suggest that to them. I was with some rather lovely Croatians yesterday, they didn't saw the warring type

IUFG
07-02-2018, 09:54 AM

My observations.

Pelanties are a shambles at this WC. Encroachment into the area and keepers 2-3 yards off their line when the ball is kicked.

The high definition broadcasts are not very high definition.

Kasper Schmeichel is a bit of a ****.

Ingerlund won't get past Colombia.

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:55 AM
I'll let you suggest that to them. I was with some rather lovely Croatians yesterday, they didn't saw the warring type

Is it Croatians or Croats?

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:58 AM
My observations.

Pelanties are a shambles at this WC. Encroachment into the area and keepers 2-3 yards off their line when the ball is kicked.

Kasper Schmeichel is a bit of a ****.

Ingerlund won't get past Colombia.

My worry is that yesterday's games signalled the start of the descent of the tournament into risk-averse, attritional play by crap teams playing for pelanties.

IUFG
07-02-2018, 10:02 AM
... the descent of the tournament into risk-averse, attritional play by crap teams playing for pelanties.

wait until Ingurland play tomorrow.

I predict a tedious draw followed by a pelanty shootout loss for the plucky Totte..... I mean 3 Lions

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 10:03 AM

yeah and BBC said I could watch it in UHD but it's a lie.
There is also a weird lag on the screen sometimes like it's a internet feed but watching it on through normal tv.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Is it Croatians or Croats?

Seems to be either according to the CIA Factbook - though that is probably some evil plan of theirs to split the nation

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 10:04 AM
wait until Ingurland play tomorrow.

I predict a tedious draw followed by a pelanty shootout loss for the plucky Totte..... I mean 3 Lions

Easy 4-0 win for England.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Observations from yesterday

Lineker called the Russian penalty a free kick
The Russian manager has a permanent frown mouth

It was good to see Davor Suker with his grey hair

I was pleased that likeable Luca Modric scored his shoot-out penalty after missing one in normal time

Gary Neville met Sam Matterface's Elton John gag with total silence :hehe: :tumbleweed:

Viva Prat Vegas
07-02-2018, 10:08 AM
IUFG "I predict a tedious draw followed by a pelanty shootout loss for the plucky Totte..... I mean 3 Lions"

Then we can say it was Spurs who messed up the best chance of World Cup success for decades

Burney
07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Observations from yesterday

Lineker called the Russian penalty a free kick
The Russian manager has a permanent frown mouth

It was good to see Davor Suker with his grey hair

I was pleased that likeable Luca Modric scored his shoot-out penalty after missing one in normal time

Gary Neville met Sam Matterface's Elton John gag with total silence :hehe: :tumbleweed:

Why is Sam Matterface's surname not a constant source of mockery? I mean...Matterface? :hehe:

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Why is Sam Matterface's surname not a constant source of mockery? I mean...Matterface? :hehe:

sounds like something an Italian would say.