PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation for this.

Burney
07-02-2018, 07:59 AM
I mean, it won't be true, but it will be entirely innocent. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 08:00 AM
I mean, it won't be true, but it will be entirely innocent. :hehe:

well if it's roids you wouldn't inject it there.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Exactly - but why let facts get in the way

Burney
07-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Exactly - but why let facts get in the way

Right. Because it's ludicrous to suspect Russian athletes of doping, isn't it? Absurd scaremongering. It's not like they've been caught red-handed in recent years operating a state-sponsored programme of doping in order to boost national prestige or anything.

WES
07-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Right. Because it's ludicrous to suspect Russian athletes of doping, isn't it? Absurd scaremongering. It's not like they've been caught red-handed in recent years operating a state-sponsored programme of doping in order to boost national prestige or anything.

There's also a chart on twitter somewhere showing them having run far more than anyone else so far.

Although when it comes to cheating we might want to focus on the VAR's bank account. Quite how Spain didn't get a pen late in extra time I'll never know. Well, I will, I just won't have enough evidence to prove it.

WES
07-02-2018, 08:12 AM

I expect if it was EPO, however, you would. Although we'd need Neg to return to tell exactly how it works.

Rich
07-02-2018, 08:12 AM

Don't independent FIFA medics have to test about 1 in 6 players after the end of each game?

Interestingly, Russia are top of the sprints per game table by quite a margin.

Burney
07-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Don't independent FIFA medics have to test about 1 in 6 players after the end of each game?

Interestingly, Russia are top of the sprints per game table by quite a margin.

:nod: This from the lowest-ranked team prior to the competition. Oh, well I'm sure it's all perfectly above board. :hehe:

To be fair, they need all the help they can get, since footballistically, they are properly toilet.

IUFG
07-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Quite how Spain didn't get a pen late in extra time I'll never know.

The assault on Ramos?

Nailed on pelanty. Was never going to be given.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 08:33 AM

:hehe: Oh I'm sure they're doped to the eyeballs but that pic could be many things and I very much doubt they are that stupid tbh

Burney
07-02-2018, 08:36 AM
:hehe: Oh I'm sure they're doped to the eyeballs but that pic could be many things and I very much doubt they are that stupid tbh

They haven't exactly revealed themselves to be subtle in the past, have they?

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 08:47 AM
They haven't exactly revealed themselves to be subtle in the past, have they?
true - but Ash isn't here to say it is all a conspiracy against Russia so I thought I'd give it a go

Rich
07-02-2018, 08:58 AM
true - but Ash isn't here to say it is all a conspiracy against Russia so I thought I'd give it a go

Did you see Hants' glorious performance at Lord's on Saturday? Why has Sam Northeast never had an England cap? He seems to have it all, to me.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Did you see Hants' glorious performance at Lord's on Saturday? Why has Sam Northeast never had an England cap? He seems to have it all, to me.
I didn't. Only the fantastic run-out by Gareth Berg. I imagine Northeast has never really done enough to impress - played mostly in the second division and still has an average under 40. Talented no doubt and may be a late bloomer. Don't think Kent like him that much :)

PSRB
07-02-2018, 09:19 AM

I'm also fairly sure that the Ruskies have had enough practice to not make it quite that obvious.

Burney
07-02-2018, 09:25 AM
I'm also fairly sure that the Ruskies have had enough practice to not make it quite that obvious.

You don't think that their mysterious sudden transformation into a squad of Duracell bunnies capable of outrunning all the world's best players might be considered 'making it obvious' at all?

PSRB
07-02-2018, 10:23 AM
You don't think that their mysterious sudden transformation into a squad of Duracell bunnies capable of outrunning all the world's best players might be considered 'making it obvious' at all?

Completely, just don't think that mark is associated with their incredible stamina......

Burney
07-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Completely, just don't think that mark is associated with their incredible stamina......

I know what you're saying, but it seems odd to me that on the one hand you accept that a team is doped to fvck, but on the other dismiss the idea that a needle mark in the arm of one of the same team's players might have anything to do with that doping. rubchin:

Peter
07-02-2018, 10:49 AM
:nod: This from the lowest-ranked team prior to the competition. Oh, well I'm sure it's all perfectly above board. :hehe:

To be fair, they need all the help they can get, since footballistically, they are properly toilet.

It's the grass, b. Aside from climate, Its well known that athletes perform better on their native grass as their body mechanics are more suited to the 'going' as it were.

Host nations always cover more ground. Look it up from any world cup, you'll see.

Peter
07-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Were they doping when they drove back the Wehrmacht and sent them them packing?

WEll, they probably were in some sense but the point is this- underestimate the Russians at your peril.

Tough mother ****ers.

Burney
07-02-2018, 10:57 AM
It's the grass, b. Aside from climate, Its well known that athletes perform better on their native grass as their body mechanics are more suited to the 'going' as it were.

Host nations always cover more ground. Look it up from any world cup, you'll see.

Well I'm convinced, p. Absolutely. It's all to do with the grass. Of course. Silly of me to think otherwise.

Luis Anaconda
07-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Well I'm convinced, p. Absolutely. It's all to do with the grass. Of course. Silly of me to think otherwise.

Aren't they playing on some artificial pitches out there?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-02-2018, 11:17 AM

chopper. Shall I send a pic?

Burney
07-02-2018, 11:21 AM
chopper. Shall I send a pic?

Well I imagine that's doubled its size, h. Mazeltov!

Pokster
07-02-2018, 11:24 AM

They are the lowest ranked team as they haven't played any qualifying matches which give you more ranking points... and they are also playing at home which gives a decent advantage as well... but do please carry on

Sir C
07-02-2018, 11:25 AM
They are the lowest ranked team as they haven't played any qualifying matches which give you more ranking points... and they are also playing at home which gives a decent advantage as well... but do please carry on

No, they're the lowest ranked team because their results have been absolute rubbish :shrug:

Pokster
07-02-2018, 11:30 AM
No, they're the lowest ranked team because their results have been absolute rubbish :shrug:

And they didn't play qualifiers, do keep up....... Italy were so poorly ranked as they played friendy matches against decent sides so didn't record enough wins......

Looking at yesterday's game, Russia got through partly because Spain were slow, slow and then even slower in their build up.

Sir C
07-02-2018, 11:40 AM
And they didn't play qualifiers, do keep up....... Italy were so poorly ranked as they played friendy matches against decent sides so didn't record enough wins......

Looking at yesterday's game, Russia got through partly because Spain were slow, slow and then even slower in their build up.

Spain lost because they came up against even more blatant drug cheats than they are. :shrug:

Burney
07-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Seriously, p? Seriously? Are you seriously telling me you find it highly unlikely that a massively over-performing Russian team that is hosting the nationally-prestigious World Cup in a country run by Vladimir Putin could maybe - just maybe - be doped up?

Given Russia's history of doping its sportsmen and women, I'm really struggling to understand your resistance to this (I would have thought) less than outlandish notion.

Pokster
07-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Spain lost because they came up against even more blatant drug cheats than they are. :shrug:

Yep, course they did

Burney
07-02-2018, 11:41 AM

Also because Iniesta appears to be about 73 these days.

Sir C
07-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Also because Iniesta appears to be about 73 these days.

He's sacked it off now. Poor albino Andres. How I've enjoyed watching his little doped feets dnacing around for the last 10 years.

Burney
07-02-2018, 11:46 AM
He's sacked it off now. Poor albino Andres. How I've enjoyed watching his little doped feets dnacing around for the last 10 years.

:nod: He's retired to spend more time with his liver tumours.

Sir C
07-02-2018, 11:48 AM
:nod: He's retired to spend more time with his liver tumours.

Amazing to think that the era of Xavi and Iniesta is over, really. Messi and Ronaldo won't be that far behind them.

We're moving into the era of Ramsey, Torreira and, erm, I can't name another of our midfield players because we've sacked everyone b! :-(

Burney
07-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Amazing to think that the era of Xavi and Iniesta is over, really. Messi and Ronaldo won't be that far behind them.

We're moving into the era of Ramsey, Torreira and, erm, I can't name another of our midfield players because we've sacked everyone b! :-(

Do we still have Frimpong?

Sir C
07-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Do we still have Frimpong?

One can only hope so. Sadly, we have failed to stay dench.

Pat Vegas
07-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Xhaka :cloud9: Torreira will free Xhaka to be more erm Xhakary.

Ozil I forget plays with us. The whole German team had that Arsenal demeanor about them. I blame Ozil

Peter
07-02-2018, 09:39 PM

I was rather hoping you might at least google it :hehe::hehe: