PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Betting & Thoughts

Tony C
07-02-2018, 07:15 AM
Brazil 4/1 - coming to the boil nicely but they don’t have the greatest of records vs Mexico. Probably the most complete team left in with added fire power of the bench.

France 4/1 - All aboard the Mbappe train. Take him away and it’s a pretty underwhelming side imo. Uruguay will pose a far greater threat than the Argies.

Croatia 6/1 - yeah good luck with this. Teams like Croatia don’t win tournaments like this and last night showed why. Can’t believe they’re 6/1...should be nearer 14/1 but I guess people give them as much chance as England.

Belgium 6/1 - same as Croatia. Should beat up the J aps today but will have to improve to another level to master Brazil in the QFs. I just can’t see Martinez lifting a WC trophy imo

England 6/1 - Southgate’s system should take care of the Colombians who I think are 4 years late...their time to win the WC was 4 years ago but they blew it. Should be more than capable of grinding down Sweden or the Swiss in the QFs and Croatia or Russia in the semis. Would prefer them to play Croatia as I’m pretty sure there’s no way Putin will let England win. Whatever happens I’ve really warmed to Southgate. Good luck to him.

Next best in the market is Uruguay at 14/1 which is a little short considering they must navigate France and then most likely Brazil in order to get to the final.

If they were a bigger price I would back them. The new lad Torelli looks fkin amazing while Suarez and Cavani are an incredible pairing. For me one of the most dangerous sides left but a long way to go for them.