PDA

View Full Version : Did you see that Dan Snow programme about the DRC?

Sir C
06-28-2018, 02:05 PM
It was surprisingly balanced for something produced by thon commie.

Mobutu was a proper African dictator. Alas, we've seen the last of his ilk. :-(

Burney
06-28-2018, 02:20 PM
It was surprisingly balanced for something produced by thon commie.

Mobutu was a proper African dictator. Alas, we've seen the last of his ilk. :-(

I can't stand that man. I disliked him before I knew his politics and I loathe him now.

For me, though, Emperor Bokassa of the CAR was the best African dictator. Mobutu never even ate anyone, did he? Amateur.

Sir C
06-28-2018, 02:21 PM
I can't stand that man. I disliked him before I knew his politics and I loathe him now.

For me, though, Emperor Bokassa of the CAR was the best African dictator. Mobutu never even ate anyone, did he? Amateur.

I'm not so keen on the cannibal types. They give Africans a bad reputation.

Burney
06-28-2018, 02:35 PM
I'm not so keen on the cannibal types. They give Africans a bad reputation.

Yeah, but there's nothing like living down to a stereotype for lolz.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-28-2018, 02:54 PM

title alone,

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

And apparently bestowed upon himself the title of "Uncrowned King of Scotland". An African dictator really has an historical duty to be barking fúcking mad.

Burney
06-28-2018, 02:59 PM
title alone,

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

And apparently bestowed upon himself the title of "Uncrowned King of Scotland". An African dictator really has an historical duty to be barking fúcking mad.

:nod: And they need ludicrously elaborate uniforms. I know he was North African, but I do feel Colonel Gaddafi merits an honourable mention in this regard.