PDA

View Full Version : I’ve read a couple of comments saying the bubble Dortmund defender

7sisters
06-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Is a bit of an underwhelming signing and a bit sh•t .. Having not seen the lad, I can’t comment but on a wider issue, Mislintat is showings signs of being a one trick pony with his targets.
#rumblings

Sir C
06-27-2018, 08:24 AM
Is a bit of an underwhelming signing and a bit sh•t .. Having not seen the lad, I can’t comment but on a wider issue, Mislintat is showings signs of being a one trick pony with his targets.
#rumblings

Good to see you maintaining your sunny, optimistic aspect, 7, despite the change of regime. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Good to see you maintaining your sunny, optimistic aspect, 7, despite the change of regime. :hehe:

I am slightly unsure as to what his one-trick is?
So far he has signed:
A Greek defender from Greece
A Gabonese striker from Germany
An Armenian midfield player from England
A Swiss full back from Italy
A German goalkeeper from Germany

And we likely to sign:
A Uruguayan midfield player from Italy
A Greek defender from Germany
A Turkish defender from Germany

And possibly (please God):
An Argentinian from Spain

One trick, eh

Sir C
06-27-2018, 08:47 AM
So far he has signed:

And we likely to sign:

One trick, eh

There is a large section of our fanbase which is deeply self-loathing. Consider the likes of RCEG. If it's Arsenal, it must be shít.

:shrug:

Ash
06-27-2018, 08:54 AM

Could we Éver make such a signing?

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 08:55 AM
There is a large section of our fanbase which is deeply self-loathing. Consider the likes of RCEG. If it's Arsenal, it must be shít.

:shrug:

Indeed - Emery out imo. Funny thing is Sokratis is just the sort of "uncompromising" defender these people have been crying out for for years. Not much going on in the brain department (ironically) but won't mind meeting Andy Carroll in a dark alley if you know what I mean

Rich
06-27-2018, 08:58 AM
So far he has signed:

And we likely to sign:

One trick, eh

How about a Portugeser from Portugal (favourites to sign Gelson Martins on a free)

Sir C
06-27-2018, 09:00 AM

We're Gonnaneda load of cash.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2018, 09:13 AM
So far he has signed:

And we likely to sign:

One trick, eh

Do you think Perez will be part of the team? I know they are suggesting he may be.
But I don't see where he would get games apart from Europa League.

I have given up on Campbell a long time ago.

Rich
06-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Do you think Perez will be part of the team? I know they are suggesting he may be.

Perez and Campbell are not top level footballers, Pat. There has not been a stage where either of them did anything to suggest they are. Both in the Chamakh category. Problem is, we won't find buyers/people willing to match their wages due to the ham-fisted way we used to go about transfers/contracts.

I love Gazidiz, Minsilat and Sanhelli. Ruthless.

Luis Anaconda

Nope - will be sold I would say

WES
So far he has signed:

And we likely to sign:

One trick, eh

Whilst I don't agree with 7sisters assertion, you are playing with the facts a bit there Nazi-boy. If you exclude Banega (as there seems to be less concrete evidence for him) of the other 8 players you list 5 have played in the Bundesligia and three have played for Sven's former club. So there is a trend there.

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players as possible as late as possible.

:cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 09:19 AM

Would love it but I can't see it. Would just be too good

Pokster
06-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Whilst I don't agree with 7sisters assertion, you are playing with the facts a bit there Nazi-boy. If you exclude Banega (as there seems to be less concrete evidence for him) of the other 8 players you list 5 have played in the Bundesligia and three have played for Sven's former club. So there is a trend there.

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players possible as late as possible.

Agree (for once) It is the area he knows best so is likely to have more players from there than elsewhere... a bit like when AW arrived, ex players and players from France were almost the only ones he signed early on

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players as possible as late as possible.

A trend but not one-trick - you can see there is a difference there can't you?

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 09:23 AM
How about a Portugeser from Portugal (favourites to sign Gelson Martins on a free)

Hadn't seen that - interesting on. Sporting Lisbon have just imploded really. Would be a nice one to pick up

Pokster
06-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Hadn't seen that - interesting on. Sporting Lisbon have just imploded really. Would be a nice one to pick up

Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised

7sisters
06-27-2018, 09:34 AM
One trick was a bit harsh. WES was more considered but you follow the gist ? In any case, I’m only repeating what others, more informed have said. The bubble from Dortmund isn’t Arsenal Calibre, was the assertion. Although given Wengers flakey attempts in that position over the years, you’d be right to question what exactly is Arsenal calibre at CD

Sir C
06-27-2018, 09:39 AM
One trick was a bit harsh. WES was more considered but you follow the gist ? In any case, I’m only repeating what others, more informed have said. The bubble from Dortmund isn’t Arsenal Calibre, was the assertion. Although given Wengers flakey attempts in that position over the years, you’d be right to question what exactly is Arsenal calibre at CD

Who are these 'more informed' others?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-27-2018, 09:40 AM

and the daft old french tit doesn't have to believe they'll never question him.

Rich
06-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised

I believe that it's agreed that the contracts have been terminated but Sporting are submitting legal challenges due to the fact that they are due compensation.

Essentially I think Gelson/Arsenal will have to pay the remainder of his contract plus compensation (if we want him on a free).

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2018, 09:48 AM

As I understand it they’re now free to sign with whoever they wish. It’s up to the clubs signing them to decide if they want to sign them and run the risk of the courts ruling against the players or ordering them to pay a fee or compensation of some sort to Sporting. Wolves have already signed the goalkeeper (Rui Patricio) on a free and he hasn’t had his contract dispute settled.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Would love it but I can't see it. Would just be too good

I’m thinking he’s a Ramsey replacement.

Rich
06-27-2018, 10:00 AM

I really hope that we don't sell Ramsey. He's club captain material & very handsome too. Who else could be skipper - Koscienley, perhaps - but not sure he'll be a starter all season.

That being said, with Xhaka, Torriera, Ramsey, Banega, Elneney, Maitland-Niles etc we are a bit heavy in there.

Rich
06-27-2018, 10:02 AM
As I understand it they’re now free to sign with whoever they wish. It’s up to the clubs signing them to decide if they want to sign them and run the risk of the courts ruling against the players or ordering them to pay a fee or compensation of some sort to Sporting. Wolves have already signed the goalkeeper (Rui Patricio) on a free and he hasn’t had his contract dispute settled.

We have zero wingers, which is an issue unless we are planning on playing very narrowly.

I suppose that's why there is a need for 1 or 2 of Martins, Hueng Min Son, Dembele, Gotze.

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 10:02 AM
I really hope that we don't sell Ramsey. He's club captain material & very handsome too. Who else could be skipper - Koscienley, perhaps - but not sure he'll be a starter all season.

That being said, with Xhaka, Torriera, Ramsey, Banega, Elneney, Maitland-Niles etc we are a bit heavy in there.
Given that he is out until Christmas I think it is safe to say he won't be a starter for a while

Rich
06-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Given that he is out until Christmas I think it is safe to say he won't be a starter for a while

We'll probably make Cech captain who will only play in the cups. If we sell Ramsey then I assume Nacho would be on field captain?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2018, 10:11 AM

Is he really though? For me Xhaka is the most obvious candidate.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2018, 10:13 AM
We'll probably make Cech captain who will only play in the cups. If we sell Ramsey then I assume Nacho would be on field captain?

Cech won't get a game soon :cloud9:

SWv2
06-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Indeed, suggested as much last week I think.

Cannot see how it works otherwise (for all parties).

7sisters
06-27-2018, 10:45 AM
Why would anyone make a second choice keeper their captain ? Then again, it didn’t stop the soppy French tit doing similar with Arteta, who was barely getting a game.

IUFG
06-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Why would anyone make a second choice keeper their captain ? Then again, it didn’t stop the soppy French tit doing similar with Arteta, who was barely getting a game.

See also - Mertesacker

anyway, El Neny for captain imo

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Except when he was made captain he was first choice and then got what was eventually a career-ending injury by why let facts get in the way. If you had said Mertesacker then you may have had a point, but clearly as Per's appointment as head of the youth academy shows his stature in the club was clearly very high

WES
06-27-2018, 11:29 AM
A trend but not one-trick - you can see there is a difference there can't you?

Yes. that's why I said I disagreed with 7sister's assertion. :rolleyes:

If we sell Ramsey and replace him with Banega I may start going to games again. Actually, if we sell Ramsey I may start going again. :cloud9:

7sisters
06-27-2018, 11:40 AM
I’m not sure that’s true though, is it ? Arteta wasn’t a regular starter at the point of being made captain, which is why the decision was a bit mystifying for many. He then went on to get injured.
He played as a regular the season before but was considered on the downward slope the season following.

7sisters
06-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Sevilla have confirmed Mesa’s signing today, which could be a sign the Argie May be on the move...

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 11:53 AM
I’m not sure that’s true though, is it ? Arteta wasn’t a regular starter at the point of being made captain, which is why the decision was a bit mystifying for many. He then went on to get injured.

Well, he was made captain in August 2014 - the previous season he played 43 times, all starts. He missed a few through suspension and injury but was captain on the day when we won the FA Cup - how is that not a regular starter. Started the first three games of the following season - the third of which he got a knock on his ankle which was the injury that kept recurring. Started pretty much every game his was fit for until the Dortmund home game when he came off once more and was rarely seen again. At no point up to this stage was he anything other than first-choice starter. Jesus wept

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Sevilla have confirmed Mesa’s signing today, which could be a sign the Argie May be on the move...

Now that is a post I do like :)

IUFG
06-27-2018, 11:56 AM
He played as a regular the season before but was considered on the downward slope the season following.

Arteta did like a long ranger before he was reduced to pelanties only tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ihCFhoAQ48

Ash
06-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, he was made captain in August 2014 - the previous season he played 43 times, all starts. He missed a few through suspension and injury but was captain on the day when we won the FA Cup - how is that not a regular starter. Started the first three games of the following season - the third of which he got a knock on his ankle which was the injury that kept recurring. Started pretty much every game his was fit for until the Dortmund home game when he came off once more and was rarely seen again. At no point up to this stage was he anything other than first-choice starter. Jesus wept

Did you have to look any of that up?

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Did you have to look any of that up?

Only the 43 starts (although I knew he didn't miss many). I remember him going off in the Besiktas and Dortmund games (funnily enough I tend to be more sober for our games when I watch them on TV - no need to cram all the drinking in beforehand). Champions League is a bit of a curse for our lovely Spanish midfielders :(

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-27-2018, 12:49 PM

If they are allowed to cancel their contracts (and I'd love the winger on a free) what's to stop us all putting on Sperz shirts and going up their training ground and braining Kane first time he misses a penalty? Cancels contract and signs for Madrid on a free. Job done.

IUFG
06-27-2018, 12:59 PM
If they are allowed to cancel their contracts (and I'd love the winger on a free) what's to stop us all putting on Sperz shirts and going up their training ground and braining Kane first time he misses a penalty? Cancels contract and signs for Madrid on a free. Job done.

Whether they are allowed to cancel their contract is, shirley, subject to local contract and tort laws.

I can't imagine the club will allow them to walk away without challenge / remedy.

Didn't this all come about because of an attack on the players at their training camp by supporters?
As well as the owner / chairman slagging them off on social media?

Are they claiming repudiatory breach of their contract of employment?
The club failing to maintain a reasonable level of security and safety?

It's a mess, that's for sure.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Whether they are allowed to cancel their contract is, shirley, subject to local contract and tort laws.

I can't imagine the club will allow them to walk away without challenge / remedy.

Didn't this all come about because of an attack on the players at their training camp by supporters?
As well as the owner / chairman slagging them off on social media?

Are they claiming repudiatory breach of their contract of employment?
The club failing to maintain a reasonable level of security and safety?

It's a mess, that's for sure.

That's my point.

If this is allowed, what's to stop us lot putting on Sperz shirts, pretending to be Sperz fans, and throwing bottles at the players' cars first time they drop points next season? Kane and Ali walk away on a free for a massive signing on fee. We get St Tott's Day back.

All we need is balaclavas and a tight alibi.