PDA

View Full Version : Right. I'm fvcked off with this weather now. We need rain.

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:24 AM
It's still June and it hasn't rained round my way for nearly a month. Everything's parched and I'm having to water my fvcking allotment every single day at the moment to stop everything dying.

Fvck off, sun. Just fvck off.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-25-2018, 08:32 AM
It's still June and it hasn't rained round my way for nearly a month. Everything's parched and I'm having to water my fvcking allotment every single day at the moment to stop everything dying.

Same here (well not the allotment bit). We’ve had warnings for forest fires in place for the last month. They’ve even done a nationwide ban on disposable barbecues :hehe:

IUFG
06-25-2018, 08:39 AM

My lawn hasn't grown for weeks and is slowly turning yellow. Despite evening sprinkler time...

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:41 AM
Same here (well not the allotment bit). We’ve had warnings for forest fires in place for the last month. They’ve even done a nationwide ban on disposable barbecues :hehe:

They haven't threatened us with a hosepipe ban yet, but you can bet it's coming. Pricks.

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:42 AM
My lawn hasn't grown for weeks and is slowly turning yellow. Despite evening sprinkler time...

I've given up on my front lawn. The back garden is getting all the love.

Sir C
06-25-2018, 08:44 AM

A once suggested to a chap that a mutual acquaintance was something of a curmudgeon. "That ****" he agreed, "would moan if the fúcking sun shone."

Still makes me chuckle.

Just Trent

That's the best bit though. Lawnmower hasn't been touched for weeks :cloud9:

PSRB

Loving it, grass has stopped growing so need need to mow it.

It's going to be a long day today, no aircon in our office and hungover to hell :-(

IUFG
06-25-2018, 08:45 AM

The front of ours has been turned over to 'landscape' and 'features' (as described by the Estate Agents) by the previous owners. No lawn at all.

Shrewd move by them imo

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2018, 08:48 AM

It's going to be a long day today, no aircon in our office and hungover to hell :-(

I was good yesterday - actually left the pub after the Japan Senegal game. Of course the 12 or so hours of drinking on Saturday might have had something to do with that. Thank **** the rugby internationals are over

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:48 AM
A once suggested to a chap that a mutual acquaintance was something of a curmudgeon. "That ****" he agreed, "would moan if the fúcking sun shone."

Still makes me chuckle.

I don't pay my taxes to have to put up with unrelenting sunshine and drought conditions. If I wanted that, I'd go and live in foreign, ffs!

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:49 AM

I've got a do at the Hilton Park Lane tomorrow. Full monkey suit on the tube in hot weather. :-(

Sir C
06-25-2018, 08:50 AM
I don't pay my taxes to have to put up with unrelenting sunshine and drought conditions. If I wanted that, I'd go and live in foreign, ffs!

In some ways, you're the Irishest man I know.

I have worn nothing but swimming shorts since Friday afternoon, and my barbecue burned non-stop from 4 pm Friday to 10 pm last night :cloud9:

IUFG
06-25-2018, 08:52 AM
I've got a do at the Hilton Park Lane tomorrow. Full monkey suit on the tube in hot weather. :-(

Cab it from the station imo

Burney
06-25-2018, 08:54 AM
In some ways, you're the Irishest man I know.

I have worn nothing but swimming shorts since Friday afternoon, and my barbecue burned non-stop from 4 pm Friday to 10 pm last night :cloud9:

Would it help if I told you that I spent Saturday lifting my first early spuds?

PSRB
06-25-2018, 09:10 AM
I was good yesterday - actually left the pub after the Japan Senegal game. Of course the 12 or so hours of drinking on Saturday might have had something to do with that. Thank **** the rugby internationals are over

That was a horrible game, at least we won but still mighty painful.

Jos Buttler had one hell of a day.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2018, 09:16 AM

Started with the Ireland Australia game - that was fantastic if a bit tense. Couldn't really be arsed if England won the dead rubber but nice to put an end to the losing streak and I was watching with about seven Saffas :) Munich RFC v Unterföhring in the middle lack a leetle bit of quality but the beer was cheap. I think I watched some of Scotland Argentina as well at some point

Burney
06-25-2018, 09:17 AM

It was pleasing that the Aussies still couldn't beat us despite our best efforts to lose.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2018, 09:27 AM
It was pleasing that the Aussies still couldn't beat us despite our best efforts to lose.

Reminds of the times Bevan used to do that to us - normally batting with Andy Bichel. It might only have happened once but still hurt

Burney
06-25-2018, 09:29 AM
Reminds of the times Bevan used to do that to us - normally batting with Andy Bichel. It might only have happened once but still hurt

You know what's going to happen, though, don't you? Warner and Smith will come back and they'll knock us out of the World Cup.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2018, 09:34 AM
You know what's going to happen, though, don't you? Warner and Smith will come back and they'll knock us out of the World Cup.
Yes - might as well enjoy this while we can