PDA

View Full Version : Denmark v Australia?

Sir C
06-21-2018, 12:10 PM
It doesn't have 'pulsating classic' written all over it, does it?

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Would probably be well matched at cricket at the moment

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2018, 12:22 PM

I haven't watched that many games up to this point. Not that many have grabbed the attention. Imagine when there's 48 teams in the ****ing thing.

PSRB
06-21-2018, 12:25 PM
I haven't watched that many games up to this point. Not that many have grabbed the attention. Imagine when there's 48 teams in the ****ing thing.

Yesterday's fixtures were poor, today's look a lot better. Looking forward to France vs Peru & Argentina vs Croatia later

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Yesterday's fixtures were poor, today's look a lot better. Looking forward to France vs Peru & Argentina vs Croatia later

The African teams usually add a bit of colour (not racial) and flair but this time around we've ended up with a bunch of North African rubbish.

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2018, 12:30 PM
The African teams usually add a bit of colour (not racial) and flair but this time around we've ended up with a bunch of North African rubbish.

Bit unfair on Morocco - thought they were very unlucky yesterday but Egypt and Tunisa are ordinary

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2018, 12:32 PM

I was going to say watching three games in a day is a lot - then realised I regularly do this on a Saturday during the proper season :homer: I guess three games every day for a week is too much

Tony C
06-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Worst 24 hours for Arab football ever...Egypt, Morocco and Hanchoppers our...Iran on the brink.

SWv2
06-21-2018, 01:35 PM
I was going to say watching three games in a day is a lot - then realised I regularly do this on a Saturday during the proper season :homer: I guess three games every day for a week is too much

It is only once every 4 years.

Tony C
06-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Would probably be well matched at cricket at the moment

I see Braithwaite has come on for the Danes.

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2018, 02:00 PM
I see Braithwaite has come on for the Danes.
Good old Viking name

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2018, 02:07 PM
It is only once every 4 years.

Saturday: pub for Ireland Australia; beer garden for Iceland Argentina; back to pub for England South Africa and a bit of Denmark Peru; another pub for Croatia Nigeria. I think every four years is a bit much

Burney
06-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Worst 24 hours for Arab football ever...Egypt, Morocco and Hanchoppers our...Iran on the brink.

Iranians are not arabs, t. They are Persian and they speak Parsee.

Although I agree they do look a bit like arabs. And they're Allans like arabs (albeit Shi'ite wons).

Sir C
06-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Iranians are not arabs, t. They are Persian and they speak Parsee.

Although I agree they do look a bit like arabs. And they're Allans like arabs (albeit Shi'ite wons).

Yes, and of course Moroccans are Berbers and a long way from Ayrabic.

Burney
06-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Yes, and of course Moroccans are Berbers and a long way from Ayrabic.

Exactly. What about Tunisians? Do we know what they are?

Sir C
06-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Exactly. What about Tunisians? Do we know what they are?

Mainly Bedouin, I'd have thought.

Egyptians aren't arabs either. They're gyppos.

Burney
06-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Egyptians aren't arabs either. They're gyppos.

:nono: Be fair. Some of them are darkies.

Sir C
06-21-2018, 03:00 PM
:nono: Be fair. Some of them are darkies.

Speaking of Tunisia, have you ever had the great Tunisian street food dish, brik a l'ouef? It was the only thing I enjoyed about my visit to Tunisia many years ago. I'd like to try it again, but I'm fúcked if I'm going back to allanland anytime soon.

Burney
06-21-2018, 03:01 PM
Speaking of Tunisia, have you ever had the great Tunisian street food dish, brik a l'ouef? It was the only thing I enjoyed about my visit to Tunisia many years ago. I'd like to try it again, but I'm fúcked if I'm going back to allanland anytime soon.

I think I've seen it. Is it the one with an egg in filo pastry?

Sir C
06-21-2018, 03:09 PM
I think I've seen it. Is it the one with an egg in filo pastry?

It is, although I think the pastry is actually brik, and a bit different to filo.

They do it with tuna and tomato, as well. They're good stuff.

7sisters
06-21-2018, 04:10 PM
I think my most disturbing image when driving through Tunisia, was seeing all the Camels heads, hooked up outside the buchers shops.. :-/

Sir C
06-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I think my most disturbing image when driving through Tunisia, was seeing all the Camels heads, hooked up outside the buchers shops.. :-/

Did you enjoy the brik?

7sisters
06-21-2018, 05:18 PM
I can’t remember if I sampled it. I just recall everything being smothered in harissa paste and saffron :shrug: